Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2003, 11:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Nicky -... not hot as Jack Sparrow? Oh, he so was! I have a thing for pirates. ^_~ That hair, that eyeliner, that outfit... rawr. I'm amazed you think he wasn't. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I haven't heard about either of those movies but they sound good! Yay. I love British things too - their humour is just so much better for one.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tariel:
<STRONG>I love British things too - their humour is just so much better for one.</STRONG>
It's so much drier than anywhere else's. I love it! The British are masters at subtlety. Has anyone seen The Office? That's hilarious.

Trine, what's on the Suede singles album? Anything especially of interest?

Song of the day! I suggest Johnny and Mary. Just listened to it the other day - very good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 06:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG>
It's so much drier than anywhere else's. I love it! The British are masters at subtlety. Has anyone seen The Office? That's hilarious.

Trine, what's on the Suede singles album? Anything especially of interest?

Song of the day! I suggest Johnny and Mary. Just listened to it the other day - very good. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The Office? - is that a movie or a tv-show?, never heard of it :O

the singles album has all the 18 singles Suede released since 1992 plus two new songs [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], quite a good package

Johnny and Mary - [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
last week when I went home from work and it was already quite late and I was tired I was in a bus and the radio was on - it was playing the Robert Palmer original [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img], that was nice (considering our local radio stations play usually only crappy music [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 11-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG! I can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. Where the hell have I been????
Gah..Placebo kicks some bloody effing ass! Wheeee...must start posting here [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Welcome Kat*EyEz! It's always good to have another poster jump onboard.

Trine - seriously, you haven't heard of The Office? It's the funniest show ever. It's a TV show, shot in a documentary style, about people working in an office. The manager guy is an absolute wanker and it's just really funny because it's so real and embarrassing. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2003, 12:21 AM
Addicted Fan

SQUEAK! Yes! I've seen the office! The stapeler in the jelly still cracks me up. Have you seen Black Books?! That's another favourite of mine. Neither are on TV at the moment. My life is so empty. You're right - British humour is very dry and I love it. It's not those outrageous jokes, it's very take the piss and just wonderful.

J+M is brilliant. I like to listen to it while running down the hill to the busstop. Nothing better to wake you up! *g* And gah, hello, Robert Palmer is great and there is no denying it.

Kat - I have taken the liberty of nicknaming you. *g* Feel free to make me stop. But! Hi and welcome. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I'm giggling madly. TTT:EE. Worst abbreviation ever and yet... I am so lazy and it is so cool.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Just because I know it was eating away at your very soul, I'm going to satiate your curiosity.

My favourite, Guy, won Australian idol.

Yes, you may now rest easy.

PS: I have a new signature! I love this line.
Old 11-19-2003, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Oh no, the guy with the afro? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I'm sorry, but the whole 'xxx Idol' thing cracks me up. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I think they're going to run 'NZ Idol' soon, god help the nation. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 03:22 PM
T
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] all

I'm terribly sorry I'm been away - 't was a combination of our net connection suckkin, us changing our net connection and the new one sucking even more and err, being a lazy bastard [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img].

Trine - I'm sorry to hear about Suede [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Nicky - Congrats on becoming a mod [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Matrix Revolutions - saw it in the cinema and a pretty good time actually. Went to see action, saw action. Add Weaving and you get a very happy T - that simple *G*. I guess it's just that when I want to see good scifi, I watch Farscape. Matrix is more about the action.

Love Actually? Oh yes please. All those Englishmen? Definitely want to see it *G*.

And Alexander? Again with the yes please! But definitely the Oliver Stone version with Farrell and Rhys-Meyers and not the one with DiCaprio and Kidman.

[ 11-20-2003: Message edited T ]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 10:01 AM
Addicted Fan

T - Let's face it! It is entirely laziness. I'm so onto you.

Nicky - You have something against "the fro"? Gasp. Admittedly I also think the idea is stupid. I just got sucked in because there were some good people on it - I mean, it's hard to get a record deal so you have to resort to desperate measure sometimes. Do you remember ship to shore? NZ possibly aired it, not sure, but one of the girls who had been on that as a kid got to the final 12! She sang "pussy town" by MGF in the Opera House. I still giggle. Why am I babbling? I know not. But you know what's dumber? They're showing AMERICAN IDOL here. What's the *****ing point?

Guess what? Apparently on the back of one of these weird, can't-buy-promotional-only CDs [Special Needs single - I have no idea where the hell they got it] it says Placebo will be back in Australia! Which kind of confirms what Brian said at the Adelaide show. I so hope they're not lies!
Old 11-22-2003, 12:47 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>T - Let's face it! It is entirely laziness. I'm so onto you. </STRONG>
Bah [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]. Just not true darling [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Not that I don't have numerous lazy bones in my body, it just happens that the connection was so goddamn awful it didn't make me want to be online all that much. Which of course wasn't enough to get me away from the computer though [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. What can I say - GTA: Vice City is quite lovely when you can add your own mp3s *G*
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 11-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Yay! I saw Love Actually and had a really good time. It's a great movie, go see it everyone! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

More on-topic, E - you've got to tell us more about this Special Needs business, where does it say they'll return?

And long time no see T. Indeed we've all caught onto your laziness. [img]smilies/headslap.gif[/img] Hee, I tried the original GTA once - on the PC - and it was horrible! I totally couldn't understand the controls because when you turn around, the 'forward' control turns into the 'backward' control, and left and right change around! It's so a game for males, who have better spatial relations than girls. Not a female-friendly game. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

[ 11-23-2003: Message edited Silversun ]

Old 11-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Nicky - I feel fancy because I found the direct quote!

Quote:
I recently bought a copy of the Australian 'Special Needs' 1-track promo CD on Ebay. Now, for those of you who don't know, promo CDs are given out for free to the media & whatnot. Supposedly, they're not for resale, but.. yeah.. *grins*

So anyway, on the back of the Aussie 'Special Needs' promo, there is a sticker which has a few bullet points of information about the band and SWG. The final bullet says:

"The band will be returning to Australia early next year for another national tour"

*dies* So that's basically official information, seeing as they've given it to the media. Not yet confirmed on Placeboworld or anywhere else, but I think it's a pretty reliable source to go by.
So... perhaps! If they come to us they'll come to you, surely. It's just a matter of skipping over the pond. [Which is why I can't understand why we're getting ROTK so much later, but that's another issue.]

T - Well, I suppose I can appreciate computers and their evil minions being *****ers. Still. We're onto you, miss.

GTA! Hee. I played that at a friends and pretty much got laughed at. The directions were rather hard by memory and I ended up being the "shooting" girl who just bashed at buttons while some guy did the running. What a team. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2003, 01:01 PM
T
Master Fan

Lazy? Who is lazy? I have no idea [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun:
<STRONG> Hee, I tried the original GTA once - on the PC - and it was horrible! I totally couldn't understand the controls because when you turn around, the 'forward' control turns into the 'backward' control, and left and right change around! It's so a game for males, who have better spatial relations than girls. Not a female-friendly game. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]</STRONG>
The original? The original as in the first 3D one which is actually the third one? or the original as in the first one had the camera straight up, like it was attachetd to a helicopter's bottom or something? I've tried both too and well, I did actually like the first one too, but yeah, the first 3D one was oh so much better. That was like instant love [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

But those controls? Those sound majorly weird [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]. Which is why one must learn to love the fact that you can change them [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Heh, I've been told the ones I use are pretty weird. Like I use completely different keys than Mikko, so he can't play for **** on my computer without changing the controls [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].. Which I - of course - won't let him do [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Heh, I have a sucky memory when it comes to controls, so I can't actually even remember what I use for breaking for example, I just need to try and I can instantly tell if it's the right one or not.. The case being that my muscle memory is better than the one that's up there in the brain [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Easy to notice when I go to a building that needs a door code or to an ATM - I can't say what my code is because I just don't remember it, but when I set my fingers onto the small keyboard? Then I can easily just press the right combination *shrug*.

Quote:
<STRONG>GTA! Hee. I played that at a friends and pretty much got laughed at. The directions were rather hard by memory and I ended up being the "shooting" girl who just bashed at buttons while some guy did the running. What a team. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Directions? Bah, who needs directions [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Just follow the blibs *g*. Oh! I think I've done that too once or twice! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I was having trouble with some assignment and asked Mikko for a bit of help, but he said my key for firing the weapons is in such a wonky place that I'd better do the shooting myself [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Great news that what you pasted [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. They'd better come here too next year

[ 11-24-2003: Message edited T ]
Old 11-24-2003, 04:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>
Kat - I have taken the liberty of nicknaming you. *g* Feel free to make me stop. But! Hi and welcome. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] *g*, eh? Sounds fine to me!

Wheee! I have watched the "Special Needs" video about a million times this week. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] My god, Brian is so unbelievably beautiful!
And it's such a good song [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Video is very interesting [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]