Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yanks in the U.K.

It was so sad to not have Zack in the credits anymore. I also missed him in the Lab scenes. They’re just not the same without him.

I like Clark but I don't think of him as a replacement for Zack.

I’m really put out that they had Booth make a joke about Zack. It was a real slap in the face to Zack, Brennan, and Booth, not to mention a great big F you to the fans. Well, right back at you, Hart!

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marewillow (View Post)
I’m really put out that they had Booth make a joke about Zack. It was a real slap in the face to Zack, Brennan, and Booth, not to mention a great big F you to the fans. Well, right back at you, Hart!
Couldn't agree more!! (insert 'birdie' emoticon for Hart)

I think this set the tone for Booth's character for the rest of the eppie too. I became easily annoyed w/ him (which is something I NEVER do) b/c he pissed me off right from the get-go! Just seems OOC for Booth to kick a guy when he's down!
Old 09-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Totally. Just hearing him say that made me really mad. Not only hurt us fans of Zach but in the scene it hurt Brennan too. Bad Hart very bad....

Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, I hate it when they make Booth a dork and he would never hurt Brennan that way. Not to mention he would never joke about murder. I don't mind some comic relief but that's what Sweets is for. The bantering in the lab served to lighten the mood too. I don't think Booth has to be serious all the time but don't make a fool of him either.

Mare

Old 09-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't think Booth has to be serious all the time but don't make a fool of him either.
ITA! The thing is.... I didn't think the comment was funny! I know it was intended to be, but even David w/ his great comedic timing couldn't carry it off! I was way more impressed w/ Emily's (Bren's) hurt/ annoyed response to it!!
And the thing is... the interaction b/w Booth and Zack or Booth's responses to/ about Zack were some of the funniest scenes in the series!! These two characters were such polar opposites... it was just fun to watch them interact together!!

Classic B/Z moment:

Quote:
Booth: I am discreet, okay? It’s different. A gentleman is discreet, okay?
(We see Zack between Brennan and Booth)
Zack: What are we talking about?
Booth: Nothing that concerns you.
Zack: But I’m quite literally in the middle of the conversation and it seems very interesting. However, your glaring indicates that I shouldn’t press for further information.
Booth: Mm-hmm. Good genius, yeah.
NOW > THAT is funny!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It was so sad to not have Zack in the credits anymore. I also missed him in the Lab scenes. They’re just not the same without him.

I like Clark but I don't think of him as a replacement for Zack.

Mare

Whhhattt?! They made a crack at Zack?! No wonder I felt annoyed recently. What did he say anyways? Yeah, I'm glad I decided not to watch this season... if people are making cracks about him and the situation, I think my remote would have been embedded into my TV.. and that would have been unfortunate.

And I LOVED that Z/B moment, BonesOCD
Old 09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yup, I don't remember the exact quote but Brennan was saying that it's dangerous to be too logical and when she paused Booth says you end up the apprentice of a cannibalistic serial killer. This is all in front of a class at Oxford, mind you.

I felt it was a disservice to the fans and to all the characters involved. As Jen said it wasn't funny at all. Plus, Booth would never joke about murder.

Mare

Old 09-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Passionate Fan

AppleBehryGrl23 it was intended as a joke, and not a slam, but only a jaded, burnt out Hollywood writer would actually think it was funny, and Mare was Completely Right about the fact that Booth would never joke about murder in the first place!

Of course... at least with this little bit we got to know that at least Bren was still THINKING about Zack. I hated that he wasn't even mentioned in the last eppy.
I do think Hodgins was comparing that Daisy chick to him the whole time. The way he always looked at her w/ a scowl on his face! They really need to start to have some of these characters at least mention Zack and talk about their reactions to his being gone! It just sucks that they feel like they can just move on w/o any kind of resolution!!

Here is another classic B/Z moment... and Zack wasn't even in the scene!

Quote:
Booth: Okay and I’m here why?
Bones: Dismemberment, little bits, it’s a murder.
Booth: Well FBI doesn’t have jurisdiction at a golf course.
Bones: Well who does?
Booth: I don’t know. Try the PGA. Uh huh. You know you’ve done a couple of cases without me and you miss me.
Bones: Zack misses you not me.
Booth: Zack and I don’t even talk.
Bones: He seems to think it’s a male bonding ritual.
Booth: Maybe he’s right?
Bones: No he’s not.
Booth: Could be?
Bones: You told him that so you wouldn’t have to talk to him.
Booth: Well it was nicer then shooting him.
I just loved when Zack told that NTSA guy that they usually had "an FBI Agent who mediates our interpersonal encounters."

So sweet and funny
Old 09-17-2008, 11:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I loved that scene, Jen! I also liked the beginning when Brennan is driving them to the scene and Zack is lamenting the fact the Booth isn't there. So sweet and so Zack.

They've done a bad job of integrating storylines so far. I'm sure Hodgins esp. misses Zack.

For anyone who gets the TV Guide, this week's edition has two blurbs about Zack. One is in an interview with ED. I haven't read them cause I don't want to be spoiled so I'm not sure what they say.

I hope they resolve this soon.

Mare

Old 09-18-2008, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

So who thinks that the big shocker next week will be Zack?? Idunno why but i just got this feeling the minute i saw the preview that we will get some Zack...
"Why am i thinking about you?" "You're a vampire now. And part of you knows you're a lot more like me than you're like him." || "What have i done?" "Nothing you should be ashamed of. You're a vampire now. You just have to learn the right way to be one. And I'm gonna teach you." || "How do you feel?" "I feel good! ... I want more!"
Old 09-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

God I hope so!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:16 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoheartinohioxo (View Post)
So who thinks that the big shocker next week will be Zack?? Idunno why but i just got this feeling the minute i saw the preview that we will get some Zack...
Maybe Would be great to see him, get some background on his case & current status.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

The Finger in the Nest

They finally dealt with the Zack fallout!

King of the Lab.

It makes sense that Hodgins would be the most affected esp. with his breakup with Angela factored in.

He called Zack his best friend.

I was thinking he gave up on conspiracies cause he felt guilty that Zack had listened to him.

It was good to see some of Bren’s feelings about Zack, too, when she was basically talking about him as well as Ripley.

I think the surprise might be Zack too. I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. I'll decide after I see how they handle it.

Mare

Old 09-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They finally dealt with the Zack fallout!
Yes, I was beyond time I hope there'll be more about this soonish.

Quote:
I think the surprise might be Zack too. I'm not sure how I feel about it, though. I'll decide after I see how they handle it.
Here's hope they'll give us lots of info about how he's doing now and a storyline that does Zack's character justice. Don't want it to be some kind of background story
Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

OH.
MY.
GOD!

Spoiler:

I am SO effing HAPPY it's insane! I KNEW IT!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread