Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know it's official if even their Facebook page announces it! \o/

SO HERE FOR WEINSTEIN COMPANY'S SUPER INFLUENCE.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Jord - I hadn't noticed this particular promotional teaser on the Exclusive Media website until now:

Obviously, this was created while Reese was still attached, but I like it...
Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new info Jord and Nick I guess this confirms she is attached to it for now, but like Nick mentioned before so was Reese. The signs do look good though, I hope everything will work out!

EDIT: In the uncut interview with ET Canada 'Passengers' is also mentioned. Rachel confirms again it's 'in talks'

Last edited by winterbird; 11-01-2013 at 10:53 AM
Old 11-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Master Fan

LOVE that uncut interview! And she did look a little hesitant to talk about it in that, but I wonder if it isn't because she just doesn't know how much she can say yet. Out of everything we're seeing, she herself seems like the best source, and she keeps saying it isn't finalized! BUT I MEAN. MAYBE IT'S JUST BECAUSE SHE DOESN'T KNOW IF SHE CAN. IDK. But either way, things really seem to be coming together with it.

Thanks for all the info, everyone!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

I was thinking the same thing, Amanda. I wonder if Rachel even knew prior to the LA junket that an announcement regarding her involvement had been made? Maybe she just wasn't prepared for those questions? I've often wondered whether actors get briefed by their agent/manager whenever this type of information is released, even just as an FYI. I mean, the original Deadline article was an "exclusive" sharing of inside information (most trade stories are unless they are simply sharing the details of a press release already issued by the studio/production company), so it's possible that Rachel had no idea anyone was even aware of her potential involvement until she got to the junket.

Alternatively, she could just be conscious of the fact that everything isn't set in stone yet, and doesn't want to confidently confirm anything until they're ready to start shooting.

Hopefully, we'll get some further info during AFM.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Master Fan

Good point Nick I have no idea how it was with this press junket, but I remember an article from a journalist saying that some studios/producers/pr people demand the questions before interviews and that they are only allowed to ask those. But I think everything is not yet official official. I mean Reese's involvement seemed pretty official.

I remember that Rachel got asked about her Sherlock Holmes involvement during the Morning Glory press junket, and she seemed genuinely surprised/shocked someone asked her/knew the scoop. But with the Fantastic Four rumors she also confirmed she read the script, but that one never happened.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

So Keanu Reeves is apparently on Reddit where he is answering questions in this thread. It's verified by the distributor of his latest movie. Quickly scanned trough his replies to see if he talked about 'Passengers' and/or Rachel's involvement but I only found one reply from 2 weeks ago:
Quote:
[...] I've got a project that I've been developing for over six or seven years. It's a role I am looking forward to playing, it's called "Passengers." And in that film I play a character named Jim, who wakes up on a spaceship with five other people planning to homestead. He wakes up too soon, ninety years before arriving. What does he do? It's a love story.
_KeanuReeves comments on Keanu Reeves. Ask me, if you want, almost anything.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

That's really interesting that he answers questions there though!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Few months back Ethan Hawke too came to reddit and answered all the questions for almost an hour and half.And he was very open in that.I hope Rachel comes there sometimes too.Would be lovely.

btw...now its confirmed that Passengers is Keanu's project.So I think we shouldnt complain about him any more.

I treat her like the sacred desire of eternal truth
Old 11-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Neil' (View Post)
btw...now its confirmed that Passengers is Keanu's project.So I think we shouldnt complain about him any more. :P
i knew that it was keanu reeves project a while ago though. still complained :P
still gonna complain until it releases and i see for my own eyes and that he's a changed actor lol. i just don't like him.

sorry :P
Old 11-05-2013, 12:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well, Exclusive Media have updated the promotional teaser for Passengers on their website, replacing Reese's name with Rachel's:

I know this doesn't 100% confirm Rachel's involvement, but the fact that they have gone to the trouble of updating this graphic, in addition to the fact that we know it is going to be presented at the American Film Market over the next few days (it begins tomorrow) is making me think this is pretty much a done deal.

Fingers crossed we get an official confirmation during the AFM.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:31 AM
Master Fan

Well spotted Nick! Thanks for the update.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Yes, thanks, Nick! I'M GOING TO HURL, I WANT THIS SO BAD.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited for this project. It sounds like it'll be a winner.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Agreed Belle (And so nice to see you around here again )

While looking for more AFM stuff I came across the catalogue page for the movie, they still list Reese as cast but they probably didn't take the time to update it yet: The Film Catalogue - Passengers - Exclusive Media - www.thefilmcatalogue.com