Old 12-20-2016, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great info!
Old 12-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

THR did an interesting timeline on the development of "Passengers":
Quote:
May 2013
Not long after, Wayfare and and sales company Exclusive Media announce at the Cannes Film Festival that Witherspoon is attached to star opposite Reeves. Several days later, Harvey Weinstein's company prebuys U.S. rights to the movie.

October 2013
McAdams replaces Witherspoon as the female lead.

October 2014
McAdams drops out, while The Weinstein Co. withdraws from the project and scrubs the planned April 3, 2015, release date.
More: 'Passengers': Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt Weren't the Initial Stars of the Space Film | Hollywood Reporter
Old 08-19-2017, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Jennifer Lawrence recently was asked about Passengers and I thought this was an interesting quote:
Quote:
“Passengers” didn’t fare well with critics, who blasted the flawed plot. Pratt has previously admitted he was surprised by harsh reviews, and now in a recent interview with Vogue, Lawrence had a chance to reflect.

In the film, Lawrence and Pratt are among the 5,000 passengers in suspended animation on a ship taking a 120-year journey through space. Pratt’s character accidentally wakes up 90 years early, and endures a year alone before waking up Lawrence’s character. Variety’s Owen Gleiberman called the decision “a selfish and rather creepy act.” Though Lawrence said she’s proud of the film, which grossed over $300 million worldwide, she agreed with critics who said the movie should have started with her character waking up.

I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t spot it,” she said. “I thought the script was beautiful — it was this tainted, complicated love story. It definitely wasn’t a failure. I’m not embarrassed by it by any means. There was just stuff that I wished I’d looked into deeper before jumping on.”
Jennifer Lawrence Responds to Passengers Criticism in Vogue Interview | Variety
Old 08-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

ah, that's interesting. i hadn't read the script when it leaked, but that's really interesting, and actually quite a good point. i saw bits and pieces of the movie while on a flight, but yeah, i think it makes sense to have both characters exist at the beginning so the surprise plot twist is more of a plot twist than an evil telling of chris pratt's selfish character.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure is!