Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2015, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
They are definitely mixed but I'm not worried about it, almost every review, even the ones that are somewhat negative have nothing but good things to say about the four leads. Plus they've only seen the first three episodes, as someone who loved the first season of True Detective I didn't really get into it until episode 4.
This is very well said! I like the quote from Pizzolato featured in the Vulture/New York Times magazine review: As Pizzolatto told critic Alan Sepinwall after the finale, the recaps retrospectively seemed like “chapters of a book … being reviewed before the whole book has been revealed.” I also think that, maybe people have put the first TD on a pedestal. It created such a hype that maybe, it's impossible to reach that level again, especially with a whole new cast and directors.

Another great mention in the Indiewire review:
Quote:
McAdams, in particular, stands out, and you get the feeling early on the second season as a whole will hinge upon her development. After three episodes, there’s no question she can handle whatever’s thrown her way. The popular rom-com star settles into Ani’s skin with surprising ease, instantly owning the role and overcoming some difficult introductory scenes packed with what’s nearly too much information. Instead of overplaying these difficult moments, McAdams cuts to the core of her character, refusing to play into stereotypes on either side of past ‘lady cop’ examples. Not too hard, not too weak, Ani is the truest detective of the bunch.
Review: 'True Detective' Season 2, McAdams Is the New McC | Indiewire
Their headline is also worth mentioning: "'True Detective' Season 2 Elevates McAdams as the New McConaughey, But Gets Lost in the Darkness"
Old 06-13-2015, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree with that, it's impossible to give an appropriate review if you haven't seen all of the episodes!

And I am LOVING the Rachel/McConnaughey comparisons.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:51 AM
Master Fan

Let the count down begin. I can not believe the season premiere is next Sunday already!!

EDIT: New TV Spot:

Last edited by winterbird; 06-14-2015 at 10:03 AM
Old 06-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

It's so close I can TASTE IT!
Old 06-16-2015, 01:21 AM
Master Fan

New still released by ET:

Quote:
True Detective: If you thought the first season of True Detective was great, you're in for a real treat. The sophomore season of the HBO anthology series begins with the murder of a corrupt California politician with possible ties to a career criminal, played by Vince Vaughn, and the ensuing investigation that brings together three law-enforcement officers from different jurisdictions played by Colin Farrell, Rachel McAdams, and Taylor Kitsch. It's going to be dark, gritty, and exactly what you need to curb your Emmy-worthy drama cravings for the summer.
Premiere Date: Sunday, June 21 at 9 p.m. on HBO
Summer TV Preview: The 9 Hottest Shows You Can't Miss!
Colin will be on Jimmy Fallon this Thursday and Vince will make an appearance on Friday. Colin is going to be on Live with Kelly & Michael on Friday (Via). Let's hope this means they have a premiere party and/or press junket planned in New York as well Let's hope Rachel and Taylor will also do a talk show sometime the coming weeks. Usually they also show a clip during a talk show appearance so I hope they will when Colin and Vince make an appearance and that it will feature Rachel
Old 06-16-2015, 01:25 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, Lindsey! I feel like I'm chomping at the bit this entire week!
Old 06-16-2015, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

The cast is featured on TV & Satellite Week's cover (UK):

Scans can be found over here. A nice quote from Rachel on Colin:
Quote:
Colin is an absolute sweetheart. We spent a fair amount of time hanging out together and bringing snacks to each other. He’s a big snack guy
Transcript can be found over here.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

LMFAO SNACKS. How cute.
Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

Looks like there will be a press junket in New York as well. Sacha Quarles, who seems to be Colin's hair stylist, tweeted:

Colin is going to be on Jimmy Fallon tomorrow (and Vince will be on the next day) so Sacha is maybe referring to his talk show appearances. I still hope HBO will host a premiere party, they usually do

EDIT: Looks like Colin is only doing press today

Quote:
We're talking True Detective with Colin Farrell in New York City. #truedetective #hbo #nyc
No mention so far from Vince, Taylor or Rachel but maybe Colin is the only one because he missed the LA press day.

Last edited by winterbird; 06-17-2015 at 11:17 AM
Old 06-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Well, for the tabloid readers Life & Style is running a love triangle story on Colin, Taylor and Rachel. It only took until after they were done filming for these ridiculous stories to pop up.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/06/17/...medium=twitter

Also a great review by Deadline Hollywood, really complimentary to Rachel!

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-17-2015 at 05:39 PM
Old 06-17-2015, 07:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nick de Semlyen, reviews editor for Empire Magazine, tweeted:

Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Old 06-18-2015, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for all the updates everyone! I can't believe it's almost Sunday already
Old 06-18-2015, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, everyone!! I am SO SO SO EXCITED. Also laughing forever at the love triangle rumors, but Colin is looking FLY so I mean. GET IT, GIRL?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

The official twitter posted:

Colin made an appearance on Jimmy Fallon last night and Vince Vaughn (who will make an appearance tonight) also joined them for a game:

A segment of Colin's interview can be watched over here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH5p8-fTBdI