Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Sounds like Vince, Rachel and Taylor were doing some sit down interviews today.

Old 06-05-2015, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Colin Farrell Talks ‘True Detective’ Season 2 at Maui Film Festival

In a wide-ranging interview Thursday night at the Maui Film Festival, Colin Farrell parted the veil of secrecy ever-so-slightly on the upcoming second season of HBO’s “True Detective.”

Conceding he’s still forbidden to reveal much, Farrell called his character in the series “a bit of burnout, really,” taking a pause to acknowledge that that might be a kind of typecasting. When the audience laughed, he quipped: “I dug deep into my not-so-distant past.”

More seriously, he added “He’s somebody who like many of us in life is wrestling with events that took place in his past, and is trying to move forward from them, but trapped in this continual cycle of behavior he can’t get out of. I think fundamentally he’s a good man that made some very bad choices.”

Farrell said he’d loved the show’s first season, ” and when I heard they were doing a second season, I thought ‘Ooh, good luck to the actors that are doing that.'” But then he read the new season’s script. “Oh, God, it was such good writing. … it’s extraordinary stuff.

“Aesthetically, it’s very different,” he said. “There are four main characters, as opposed to the two-character structure that’s in the first piece. But it’s a lot of the same sensibilities, and a lot of the characters are struggling with the same kind of existential quandaries and questions that are related to meaning and purpose and the burying of the darkness that may be in your past.”

The show kicks off with a murder in episode 1, Farrell said, “but I think it’s more to do with what’s happening with the characters than the solving of a murder, which is what I kind of felt about the first year anyway. So hopefully people respond to it. You never know. But it was a blast to work on. It was such good material, and such a wonderful cast of characters.”
Colin Farrell talks “True Detective” Season 2 at Maui Film Festival | Variety
Old 06-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Master Fan

I guess promo has started then! And thanks for sharing that Colin interview too, you guys are the best!
Old 06-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Sounds like Vince, Rachel and Taylor were doing some sit down interviews today.
Yes, this is making me very happy! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for sharing the Variety article Lis Very interesting to read all the new quotes from the cast members. All the cast members seem genuinely excited to be part of this

EDIT: So apparently plot details 'leaked' online. I have no idea how reliable it is, but Movie Plot has an article about it (possible spoilers ahead!): http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/06/...,manual,manual

There definitely was a press conference yesterday in LA. Just came across some gorgeous press conference previews. I can't access a larger version just yet, but I will look out for them:

Last edited by winterbird; 06-06-2015 at 11:02 AM
Old 06-06-2015, 06:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

The official Instagram page of the Golden Globes posted this:

Quote:
Rachel McAdams, star of the upcoming 'True Detective' season 2. (photo by @amayamario)
Old 06-06-2015, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A new teaser for True Detective posted today by HBO.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 06-06-2015 at 08:19 PM
Old 06-07-2015, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing Lis! She looks gorgeous

And thanks for sharing the new trailer. Can't believe the premiere is in 2 weeks already!
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 AM
Master Fan

She is so stinking lovely! Thanks for sharing the pic and the new teasers, guys! I'm so STOKED.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There was a feature done on Nic Pizzolatto in Vanity Fair this month. A new still of Rachel and Colin:

Nic Pizzolatto, the Man Behind True Detective | Vanity Fair
Old 06-11-2015, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

Ah great Thanks for sharing! I hope Rachel will share many scenes with Colin and Taylor
Old 06-11-2015, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I hope so too! Taylor mentioned his character is kind of a loner, but I just hope to see Rachel kicking some serious butt.
Old 06-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

I want her to be on screen with EVERYONE! I'm really eager to see Taylor in this too because I think of all of them I'm the least familiar with his work. It's getting SO CLOSE now!!!
Old 06-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Plot from the official website:
Quote:
A bizarre murder brings together three law-enforcement officers and a career criminal, each of whom must navigate a web of conspiracy and betrayal in the scorched landscapes of California. Colin Farrell is Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective in the all-industrial City of Vinci, LA County. Vince Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a criminal and entrepreneur in danger of losing his life’s work, while his wife and closest ally (Kelly Reilly), struggles with his choices and her own. Rachel McAdams is Ani Bezzerides, a Ventura County Sheriff’s detective often at odds with the system she serves, while Taylor Kitsch plays Paul Woodrugh, a war veteran and motorcycle cop for the California Highway Patrol who discovers a crime scene which triggers an investigation involving three law enforcement groups, multiple criminal collusions, and billions of dollars. ‘True Detective’ is written and created by Nic Pizzolatto. The first two of this season’s eight episodes will be directed by Justin Lin.
HBO | True Detective | About the Show
The first reviews are also getting released. A nice mention from the Esquire review:
Quote:
But the revelation is Rachel McAdams, as Ani Bezzerides […] Her voice quakes with rage and anguish and fear and disgust and despair. In her ragged hatred of the world as it is, she is sexy as hell.
'True Detective' Season 2 Review - HBO's 'True Detective' Returns June 21
The reviews so far seem positive, although some are mixed because they are comparing it to season 1.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They are definitely mixed but I'm not worried about it, almost every review, even the ones that are somewhat negative have nothing but good things to say about the four leads. Plus they've only seen the first three episodes, as someone who loved the first season of True Detective I didn't really get into it until episode 4.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm just even more eager to see it now since the reviews are starting to come out and are praising the leads!!