Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules166 (View Post)
Yeah....sure....That's what Ellen meant in her tweet when she said Japril fans will LOVE the second half of the season....because nothing is better than seeing OUR favorite couple getting divorced, right?

LOL.

I'm sorry but all this pessimism is getting a bit too much lately. We got POSITIVE HINTS. Can't people just wait and see before jumping to conclusions?
The only person who gave us positive hint was Ellen. Sarah and Jesse talk the same way they always have, doesn't necessarily mean positivity onscreen as history has shown us. There is more information to say there things not going to go well with Japril than the opposite. IMO. So you can't really fault people for thinking the worst.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

oh God...I haven't heard that Jackson has a lawyer in 12x11. I kinda imagined that they were going to some kind of divorce and they were showing us their wedding at the same time...But I don't know...I had some hope until now...Now Idon't know what to think
Old 02-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Jackson and April divorcing isn't anything though at least to me. I have seen couples divorce and get remarried countless times. They might want to restart from the get go, date and have another wedding. I'm honestly not worried about a divorce
Old 02-07-2016, 06:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapril (View Post)
oh God...I haven't heard that Jackson has a lawyer in 12x11. I kinda imagined that they were going to some kind of divorce and they were showing us their wedding at the same time...But I don't know...I had some hope until now...Now Idon't know what to think
They both have lawyers, April too. The juxtaposition of wedding and divorce is possible. It also possibly the don't go through with it in the end. We shall see.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

They love taking Japril to the very brink. April was seconds away from marrying another man after all. It was probably inevitable that they'd get to this point, since Jackson mentioned the D word in 12.03. Or maybe even since 10.16 when April said they would never divorce. Still I'm oddly sure they will be OK in the end, even if they do sign the papers. If one of the actors were leaving it would be playing out differently, imo.

One of the biggest things that needed to happen in this storyline was April accepting what Jackson needs instead of trying to steamroller all over him. Her agreeing to a divorce is actually an ass-backwards sign of progress, for our couple who has always done everything ass-backwardly.

Last edited by serving wench; 02-07-2016 at 09:53 PM
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Master Fan

I do not trust the process at all. I think we have rarely been satisfied with their story so I have no reason to think positively right now.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Regardless of the outcome, it very well may break my shipper heart, I am excited for this ep.

Grey's Anatomy to reveal Jackson-April status in special flashback episode | EW.com
Quote:
As promised, Grey’s Anatomy will reveal the status of Jackson and April’s relationship in an upcoming episode — and EW can now exclusively reveal the details behind the very special hour.

Related

In the Feb. 25 outing, titled “Unbreak My Heart,” the evolution of April (Sarah Drew) and Jackson’s (Jesse Williams) relationship is revealed through a series of flashbacks that date back to when they first met.

Fans of Grey’s will remember that the duo hailed from Mercy West, which eventually merged with the hospital formerly known as Seattle Grace. Robert Baker is even slated to reprise his role in the episode as the late Dr. Charles Percy, who also came over from Mercy West before dying during the hospital shooting.

Also, throughout the episode, we follow the years-long process of one of Jackson’s patients, played by guest-star Maya Stojan (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Castle). Debbie Allen also reprises her role as Jackson’s mother, Catherine Avery.

The episode will ultimately reveal where the pair stands after hitting a rough patch last year when April reenlisted to be a medic in the Army after losing their baby, basically leaving Jackson behind. The duo confronted their situation in the midseason finale, in which it seemed like Jackson was going to ask for a divorce — though we ultimately didn’t find out what he was going to say.

“You don’t really find out what really happened with April and Jackson until episode 11,” Drew previously told EW, citing the Meredith-centric episode as the reason everyone else is initially on the sidelines. “You get little snippets in 9 and 10, but 11 is a big one. It was so much fun to shoot, an epic journey and every actor’s dream basically. It’s one of those special episodes.”

“There’s some big stuff coming up for April,” Drew continues. “It’s been an exhausting season for me — I’ll just say that. It’s exciting and it’s artistically and deeply satisfying.”

As for whether there will be good news for fans of the Jackson and April relationship during the outing, Drew says, “As long as they’re alive, there is always hope. No matter what, they really, desperately love one another. Circumstances have torn them to pieces and they have not been able to, thus far, help one another through those things. They’re in a really rough spot, but there is always hope.”

Grey’s Anatomy returns Thursday at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm SO excited. Missing moments we have waited so long to see. I can't wait!!
I'm in love and always will be
Old 02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samzi (View Post)
I'm SO excited. Missing moments we have waited so long to see. I can't wait!!
Oh. Em. Gosh. I was hoping we'd get a Mercy West flashback (and even wondered if they'd ever get Reed or Charles back) but I never thought they'd actually go there. Holy ****balls.

Last edited by serving wench; 02-08-2016 at 10:55 AM
Old 02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Well we can only hope the episode is memorable and leads to something by the end of the season. Please!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Loyal Fan

im sooooo exciteddddddd im gonna cry
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 02-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

So there will be another time jump weeks/months between "Jackson serves April the divorce papers" and, what it seems, their final divorce settlement in 12x11.

Alone the time between 11x16 and 12x11 could fill this episode with countless flashbacks because we never got any real insight into their griefing process before/between or after the army story.

I am happy about everything we will get from their past, but I want answers for that so badly, if 12x11 really means goodbye. The time jumps caused so much plot holes, they could fill 12 b with only "flashback"-episodes for every single character/couple.

Sarah Drew also said that there will be "big stuff for April to come". I am happy April gets some well deserved focus on her own, but what does that mean for Japril?!
Old 02-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I want to stay in a positive mood but at this point I think they are going to break their relationship. I mean...this is Shondaland and nobody gets a happy ending.

I think we are going to see great moments between them but in the end they are going to divorce anyway. I think Drew is basically telling us with that quote: "As long as they’re alive, there is always hope."....for me it is like saying okay they are alive, they are not Derek, Mark or Lexie, so maybe they will be back together in the future but right now Shonda has decided to ruin another couple because for her happy endings and happy couples does not exist in real life.

I am so tired of seeing this over and over again. I mean right now April and Jackson are the only real couple in the serie. Let´s face it: Jo and Alex have zero interest (I mean Alex is one of my favourite and I want to see himm happy, I can tolerate Jo, but for me it is the same is Jolex are together or not); Amelia and Owen were an interesting couple but right now the writers are ruining them with all that stuff about past traumas, drugs, etc...; and Maggie and the new inter???...(please nobody cares about them, for me they are very artificial and let´s face it, Magggie is a new character and for me it is not so established in thr show like old characters). Derek is dead and Callie and Arizona and totally death so...April and Jackson is the only couple who can generate some interest in the audience but even with all that I have no faith in Shonda neither in the writers.

PS: Sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker.
Old 02-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IratxeEowyn (View Post)
I want to stay in a positive mood but at this point I think they are going to break their relationship. I mean...this is Shondaland and nobody gets a happy ending.

I think we are going to see great moments between them but in the end they are going to divorce anyway. I think Drew is basically telling us with that quote: "As long as they’re alive, there is always hope."....for me it is like saying okay they are alive, they are not Derek, Mark or Lexie, so maybe they will be back together in the future but right now Shonda has decided to ruin another couple because for her happy endings and happy couples does not exist in real life.

I am so tired of seeing this over and over again. I mean right now April and Jackson are the only real couple in the serie. Let´s face it: Jo and Alex have zero interest (I mean Alex is one of my favourite and I want to see himm happy, I can tolerate Jo, but for me it is the same is Jolex are together or not); Amelia and Owen were an interesting couple but right now the writers are ruining them with all that stuff about past traumas, drugs, etc...; and Maggie and the new inter???...(please nobody cares about them, for me they are very artificial and let´s face it, Magggie is a new character and for me it is not so established in thr show like old characters). Derek is dead and Callie and Arizona and totally death so...April and Jackson is the only couple who can generate some interest in the audience but even with all that I have no faith in Shonda neither in the writers.

PS: Sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker.
I do agree, SR loves to ruin a good thing and it's been going on since the start and is really annoying.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:32 PM
New Fan

Sorry, "but there is always hope" is the SR-approved company line. Kevin McKidd used it regarding Crowen and still uses it regarding Omelia. It's kind of meaningless at this point.