Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2015, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
Aprils absence from 12-14 could be explain if they were doing a treatment too, but the sides in 15 don't speak to that.

It was a morbid build up to the fans, and I really do see the reason for the fandom's anger.

11x11 All I Could Do Is Cry...yup, if we watch April go through labor and delivery to allow natural death...horrifying.

Still waiting for the "beautiful" & "pretty perfect the way it plays out". Sad...but I would not use the word beautiful, more accepting what you cannot fix.
I agree, I do not think inducing labour (or terminating the pregnancy) at 23 weeks, blessing the baby before it dies a slow painful death a beautiful story at all, not even if it supposed to strengthen the bond between Jackson and April. I just don't see it that way.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Passionate Fan

I mean 95% of Grey's viewers don't follow Jesse/Sarah on Twitter or Instagram. They don't keep up with spoilers or dissect sides or press releases. They have no idea that they posted a certificate or any other hype they've done. So while the small minority of Japril fans who actively post online might be mad because they feel duped, the majority of viewers will just be moved by the storyline. I am one of those online fans and I'm not mad. Honestly, the entire time I had a thought in the back of my mind that this was not going to end with a baby, so maybe that helps me to not be so mad. And quite frankly, Shonda doesn't give any Fs at all if fans are mad.

I guess after watching last night's episode, the quality of the writing and the acting, I am just super excited for whatever comes. Whether the baby lives or dies. I think April choosing to put her baby first, to not allow him to suffer, even though it goes against everything she's believed and been taught from birth could be a beautiful thing in the midst of pure heartbreak. Or Jackson, as a husband, doing everything he can to help the woman he loves overcome the pain of losing their baby. For April to realize that maybe things aren't always black and white when it comes to religion therefore opening her eyes a bit more to Jackson's side of things.

And, I also think when all is said and done, they will get a very lovely romantic scene.

But I realize I am in the minority, at least on this forum, about being excited for it.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I agree, I do not think inducing labour (or terminating the pregnancy) at 23 weeks, blessing the baby before it dies a slow painful death a beautiful story at all, not even if it supposed to strengthen the bond between Jackson and April. I just don't see it that way.
I know, but if they are going to have the baby die, giving them a chance to hold the baby and say their goodbyes...Omggggggg...we will all be a wreck.

Especially after watching that phenomenal final scene when she tells him its a boy.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I know this is gonna sound weird coming from me but I am loving this SL. I think the baby dies and I think April will decide to give birth (not abort) to save her baby from pain. I think it's an incredible and beautiful way to show how strong is the love of a mother. Very very sad, but also beautiful in some way.

My only concern is that while the most of you think they will come stronger after this journey, I think this is gonna break them apart. I hope I am wrong and I am not going to worry about this too much until episode 11.

Great perfomance yesterday! Sarah and Jesse killed it.

And about the hype, I have to admit that I don't like it seeing what the story is. But I can't change what actors do.

ETA - I have to add that I wasn't expecting this SL at all. I wanted and still want the baby fine, but if the writing is like yesterday and the story is well explained, I could live with it. Again, I am talking only until ep 11.

Last edited by MissLua; 01-30-2015 at 01:55 PM
Old 01-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLua (View Post)
I know this is gonna sound weird coming from me but I am loving this SL. I think the baby dies and I think April will decide to give birth (not abort) to save her baby from pain. I think it's an incredible and beautiful way to show how strong is the love of a mother. Very very sad, but also beautiful in some way.

My only concern is that while the most of you think they will come stronger after this journey, I think this is gonna break them apart. I hope I am wrong and I am not going to worry about this too much until episode 11.

Great perfomance yesterday! Sarah and Jesse killed it.

And about the hype, I have to admit that I don't like it seeing what the story is. But I can't change what actors do.

ETA - I have to add that I wasn't expecting this SL at all. I wanted and still want the baby fine, but if the writing is like yesterday and the story is well explained, I could live with it. Again, I am talking only until ep 11.
Yes I agree. I think that will be at least part of the beauty in this storyline. April giving birth to this baby to save him from any more pain. Seeing them able to hold him, at least once, and say goodbye to him, and probably even name him before he dies will be so, so heart wrenching.

I am not at all worried this will pull them apart. I think April will go inside herself for a while and Jackson will be lost on how to help her, but I think from episode 15 forward it will be about their journey to coping and healing together.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi. I'd like to ask something, because I don't have a clue about how they handle these situations...Is it possible that they made Sarah shoot some of the scenes for 11x12,13 and/or 14 before she gave birth to Hannah prematurely? Or this it possiblea that they made her "catch up" some missing scenes for those epi after she returned? I'm just thinking that it'd be weird if April doesn't appear during three episodes in a row...
Old 01-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
Yes I agree. I think that will be at least part of the beauty in this storyline. April giving birth to this baby to save him from any more pain. Seeing them able to hold him, at least once, and say goodbye to him, and probably even name him before he dies will be so, so heart wrenching.

I am not at all worried this will pull them apart. I think April will go inside herself for a while and Jackson will be lost on how to help her, but I think from episode 15 forward it will be about their journey to coping and healing together.
Hope you are right. You know I am more in the pessimistic side So I am only thinking in eps 10 and 11 for now
Old 01-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaapril (View Post)
Hi. I'd like to ask something, because I don't have a clue of how they handle these situations...Is it possible that they made Sarah shoot some of the scenes for 11x12,13 and/or 14 before she gave birth to Hannah prematurely? Or this it possiblea that they made her "catch up" some missing scenes for those epi after she returned? I'm just thinking that it'd be weird if April doesn't appear during three episodes in a row...
Other shows have post-taped scenes and spliced those into different episodes, so it's very possible that they filmed a handful of scenes when Sarah came back to work. They are also very ahead of schedule right now due to hiatus, so there would be plenty of time to put her scenes in the episodes. Not saying they WILL do that, but they could if they wanted too.

Otherwise, April will probably be at home and trying to deal with whatever happens. But even then, they could film just a few of Jackson trying to cheer her up or talk to her and her just being depressed and not wanting to do anything or talk. Just a scene an episode would get the message across.

I hope that, if it plays out this way, and April is depressed and closed off emotionally, people realize she just went through one of the most traumatic experiences a person can go through and don't start throwing stones, you know. She's back at work in 15 so I really think that episode, along with the side of patient of Jackson's, will be when she starts to turn a corner.

I think we should get sexy times and Jackson should whisk her away on a late honeymoon once she's all better.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Other shows have post-taped scenes and spliced those into different episodes, so it's very possible that they filmed a handful of scenes when Sarah came back to work. They are also very ahead of schedule right now due to hiatus, so there would be plenty of time to put her scenes in the episodes. Not saying they WILL do that, but they could if they wanted too.

Otherwise, April will probably be at home and trying to deal with whatever happens.
Which is kind of weird for April to stay at home that long seeing how she wanted to jump back to work last night to cope.

I do hope that they are able to add just a few scenes before 15.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Otherwise, April will probably be at home and trying to deal with whatever happens. But even then, they could film just a few of Jackson trying to cheer her up or talk to her and her just being depressed and not wanting to do anything or talk. Just a scene an episode would get the message across.
Thank you.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Which is kind of weird for April to stay at home that long seeing how she wanted to jump back to work last night to cope.

I do hope that they are able to add just a few scenes before 15.
Well last night was her in shock/denial/trying to forget. So her going back to work then and trying to stay occupied makes more sense than going back to work right after literally giving birth to a dying baby. I mean just aside from the baby dying, giving birth takes a toll on you, so she'd be out of work for at least a couple weeks to recover.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well last night was her in shock/denial/trying to forget. So her going back to work then and trying to stay occupied makes more sense than going back to work right after literally giving birth to a dying baby. I mean just aside from the baby dying, giving birth takes a toll on you, so she'd be out of work for at least a couple weeks to recover.
Yeah. With the pace of this show so far 15 will probably only be a few weeks.

Again...it was a really enjoyable show and I hope the powers that be took note that JW and SD are more than fluff and deserve more than the token 2 minutes per epi.
That was some seriously amazing acting by our ship.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I won't be able to stop crying if they do that, literal. That scene will be beautiful, I agree, but at the same time so heartbreaking.
Old 01-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah. With the pace of this show so far 15 will probably only be a few weeks.

Again...it was a really enjoyable show and I hope the powers that be took note that JW and SD are more than fluff and deserve more than the token 2 minutes per epi.
That was some seriously amazing acting by our ship.
15 will probably be like 3 days later. with how this show is going, damn.

No I think 15 will have to be at least a couple of weeks if she's back to work.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Can we talk about poor Jackson discovering her former best frined Charles was killed twice? He was shot again, but this time by Olivia in Scandal for being a bad guy Sorry, I have to do it

And btw...

And of course we believe in our co-captain. I love he refers to him and Sarah as a team. I remember he did the same when he posted a pic during season 10B

Last edited by abisha; 01-30-2015 at 05:31 PM