Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I, for one, am excited. Grey's is a drama and happy endings are hard to come by. Japril haven't had anything traumatic happen to them like this, not like all the other characters. I mean I'm sorry to say it but it's their time. And Jesse and Sarah are so excited, and I'm really pumped to see how this journey allows them to grow as a couple. And this is a reality in which people live every single day in real life. Babies die. People lose their babies in utero. People give birth to stillborns. People lose their kids. It just happens, it's sad, but happens. And then they cope, they learn, the grow, they heal and they move on.​

This is why speculation is such a double edge sword. We get expectations up so high and are undoubtedly let down when it doesn't play out like we wanted it to. Which should be a lesson, IMO, to stop jumping the gun and getting mad before seeing it play out. I plan to watch this storyline unfold, and enjoy every minute of it that I can. If last night was any indication, we're in for some really great drama.

I SINCERELY hope people don't start tweeting hate to Sarah over this storyline. Because I already witnessed it a bit and I'm not above jumping in there and putting people in their place.
Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
I must say though, all the hyping that was done about this plot should have been done with a little more sensitivity if this is the route they are going.

Especially if this is the ultimate choice, to basically call a late term abortion inducing to prevent further pain for the baby.

They pawned off this story almost with a happy ending...and honestly even though it is a good story it is far from happy and exciting for the fans. Actors yes, fans who wanted them to have a baby not at all.

I am good with the drama...anyway they give it.
But I see the other POV and I can see why some fans are peeved, especially with all the stop and start hiatus, centrics etc.
They feel like they waited patiently for their happy ending and got a sad, sad story.

Unfortunately, welcome to Shondaland with an assist from SD. Ouch
I agree. But I think that, as actors, they were speaking mostly from their own POV when advertising the story. They were probably very excited to have something meaty after having very little to do and such short time onscreen for so long. Also, they get to show a range, which again, is unusual for them and puts them at the same levels of other big characters such as mer, calzona etc
Old 01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
I, for one, am excited. Grey's is a drama and happy endings are hard to come by. Japril haven't had anything traumatic happen to them like this, not like all the other characters. I mean I'm sorry to say it but it's their time. And Jesse and Sarah are so excited, and I'm really pumped to see how this journey allows them to grow as a couple. And this is a reality in which people live every single day in real life. Babies die. People lose their babies in utero. People give birth to stillborns. People lose their kids. It just happens, it's sad, but happens. And then they cope, they learn, the grow, they heal and they move on.​

This is why speculation is such a double edge sword. We get expectations up so high and are undoubtedly let down when it doesn't play out like we wanted it to. Which should be a lesson, IMO, to stop jumping the gun and getting mad before seeing it play out. I plan to watch this storyline unfold, and enjoy every minute of it that I can. If last night was any indication, we're in for some really great drama.

I SINCERELY hope people don't start tweeting hate to Sarah over this storyline. Because I already witnessed it a bit and I'm not above jumping in there and putting people in their place.
I am with you about the drama and happy endings being few and far, but this is a tough pill for a lot of Japril fans and I get it.

I can see them taking it out on SD since Shonda said she wanted to get Japril pregnant and it was Sarah who pitched this plot, thereby possibly hijacking a happy Japril baby story.

So much of Japril's happily ever after has been in offscreenland and the fans finally felt that this was their moment to see happily ever after Japril ON SCREEN.

Disappointment with this story I completely understand.

Plus Sarah was the one who said in an interview, when this baby is born, she hyped their expectation of a living baby and Japril working together to raise it.

I am down with it all, as long as I get to see them on screen and I can see the bigger picture of them almost having a reunion in the later part of the season, but for most they are NOT HAPPY.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaprilFan (View Post)
I agree. But I think that, as actors, they were speaking mostly from their own POV when advertising the story. They were probably very excited to have something meaty after having very little to do and such short time onscreen for so long. Also, they get to show a range, which again, is unusual for them and puts them at the same levels of other big characters such as mer, calzona etc
​Oh for sure. Actors excitement rarely translates to happy endings on shows. They like emotional material, challenging material, SCREEN TIME! Whenever people would use Jesse and Sarah's excitement as a reason this would have a happy ending, I'd **** an eyebrow because in my show-watching experience, that's rarely the case.

Right now I see it playing out as their baby is born/dies in episode 11. April takes some much needed time off work. Jackson gets involved with the transgendered patient. And then the remainder of the season will be them healing. I believe Amy will play a huge role in helping April come out of her depression and I still fully expect a beautiful lovely reunion scene between Jackson and April romantically/sexually speaking once she gets better. ​
Old 01-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Passionate Fan

I've actually seen quite a few fans that are really excited about the storyline and think even losing a baby will end up allowing Japril to grow and become even stronger. Like myself.

I dunno. I think getting mad over it is a waste of time, especially considering how freaking awesome last night was. Getting mad at Sarah is stupid when we haven't even seen it play out. If it's all over the baby dying, then all I can say to folks is put on your big girl britches, cuz this show doesn't hold our hands as it cuts our hearts out, it just does it.

I mean I'm sure Izzie fans were pissed when they gave her cancer. Merder fans were pissed when Meredith miscarried. Surely Calzona fans were mortified when Callie chopped off Arizona's leg... or when Arizona cheated on her. Slexie fans.. let's not even go there. It's just the nature of the beast. Jackson and April are not immune to to the absolutely heartache Shonda can deliver. And for a show that's been on for 11 years, one would think the fans would catch on to that by now We should be grateful this is something happening to them both, and not something terrible one did to the other. At least that's how I look at it.

Although I'm starting to think a large majority of Japril fans online were in diapers when Grey's debuted, so that says a lot.

Maybe my recent real life loss has made me more accepting of this storyline as I realize it's not really happening and it's not that serious. I don't know. But I am excited.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Also regarding the intern, Jackson already had a thing with an intern and was blasted by Mama Avery for how it looked. Why would they repeat that when he's a married man who may have just lost a child with his wife? Talk about hate on Jackson. They have enough going on with their storyline without this anyway.

This works for many doctors. Scenes don't always translate the same with genders etc.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderson (View Post)
Also regarding the intern, Jackson already had a thing with an intern and was blasted by Mama Avery for how it looked. Why would they repeat that when he's a married man who may have just lost a child with his wife? Talk about hate on Jackson. They have enough going on with their storyline without this anyway.

This works for many doctors. Scenes don't always translate the same with genders etc.
I have absolutely NO IDEA why anyone is freaking out that this is Jackson. Jackson NEVER teaches and he could not give any Fs about cell research for CARDIOmyopathy. Nor would he be having lustful exchanged with random residents late at night. I mean, really. I don't even know where this is coming from.

Besides, Ben and Bailey are supposed to having some troubles soon, and Shonda said she's bringing on men for Maggie (who coincidentally happens to be a CARDIOLOGIST) and Stephanie.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I also think it's going to be a storyline where you have parents who are faced with unbearable decisions about a child that can't be saved. For Jackson, it's something that his money and family power can't fix and for April it's how do you let a child go full term knowing that he's potentially going to be suffering in utero and that he will definitely endure a brief agonizing life if he's born. I agree with those of you who think that the baby is a goner.

I'm conflicted on whether or not I think they'll come through it stronger as a couple though. Also, having once lost a child mid-pregnancy, it's terrifying to try again and I would think even more so if you lost your child due to a genetic ailment that could reoccur.

I wonder if playing such heavy material was a contributing factor in Sarah's early delivery. She tweeted last night that she would go home from work with salt crusted on her eyelashes from crying so much. That kind of material might be exhilarating as an actor, but it can take a physical toll.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky1111 (View Post)
I also think it's going to be a storyline where you have parents who are faced with unbearable decisions about a child that can't be saved. For Jackson, it's something that his money and family power can't fix and for April it's how do you let a child go full term knowing that he's potentially going to be suffering in utero and that he will definitely endure a brief agonizing life if he's born. I agree with those of you who think that the baby is a goner.

I'm conflicted on whether or not I think they'll come through it stronger as a couple though. Also, having once lost a child mid-pregnancy, it's terrifying to try again and I would think even more so if you lost your child due to a genetic ailment that could reoccur.

I wonder if playing such heavy material was a contributing factor in Sarah's early delivery. She tweeted last night that she would go home from work with salt crusted on her eyelashes from crying so much. That kind of material might be exhilarating as an actor, but it can take a physical toll.
Oh, I have no doubt that they will come out stronger in the end. Not even a little bit. Perhaps that is the beautiful part of this storyline. Their science vs. faith debate was fixed with a temporary bandaid (church and waffles) and I think this is going to get down to the nitty-gritty and in the end, both of them will have a better appreciation of the other's beliefs.

Also, as neither Jackson nor April have OI, the chances of a second child having it is very, very slim. Literally, less than 2-3%. Although I could see it being scary.

I just read an interesting real life experience with OI type II and a labor/delivery termination. She went through labor and deliver at 20 weeks because she could not stand the thought of her baby suffering or having a painful birth/death the bigger he got. So sad Another woman went into premature labor at 26 weeks with her OI type II baby. He was on life support for 56 days before dying. Ugh. Here is another OI Type II mom talking to another Type II mom who L&D terminated.

Quote:

I wish they would have known beforehand...they theorized it was either mild dwarfism or a torch infection as worst case scenario. No one thought it was anything lethal or they wouldn't hae done an emergency c-section and intubated him. We found out at 2 days old that it was OI, but he was needing less support and they thought it might be type 3, but it quickly became very clear that it was type 2. I hope you never, ever, ever question your decision for termination because my little man's short life was awful and full of pain. I eventually had to choose anyway and take him off of the ventilator since he was slowly suffocating...his lungs didn't work because his ribs were crumbling around them.
I believe Sarah went into labor early because of her gestational diabetes. It's very common to deliver prematurely with GD.

Last edited by Edsbootycall; 01-30-2015 at 10:39 AM
Old 01-30-2015, 10:39 AM
Loyal Fan

I made the determination to keep myself positive about this SL. At least, for now. Perhaps, after next week's episode I will be a total mess and all negativity, but for now I keep my hope up. It's the best right now.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, I have no doubt that they will come out stronger in the end. Not even a little bit. Perhaps that is the beautiful part of this storyline. Their science vs. faith debate was fixed with a temporary bandaid (church and waffles) and I think this is going to get down to the nitty-gritty and in the end, both of them will have a better appreciation of the other's beliefs

That's an interesting interpretation. It would certainly given Sarah and Jesse meaty material to play.

Quote:
Also, as neither Jackson nor April have OI, the chances of a second child having it is very, very slim. Literally, less than 2-3%. Although I could see it being scary.
So, you think it will be a congenital issue specific to this one fetus rather than a inheritable genetic defect? That would definitely be a better option. One tiny glimmer of hope in a sea of darkness.

Quote:
Another woman went into premature labor at 26 weeks with her OI type II baby. He was on life support for 56 days before dying. Ugh.
That would be agonizing. I can't even imagine. Although having Baby Boy Avery in the NICU for a day or so post-delivery would potentially pull Alex into the storyline as well.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think they decide to induce labor. I will be glad when this is all over tbh. I guess the rest of the season will be them healing and coming out stronger. I mean there has to be a happy spot somewhere here and I think they will come out the other side. I don't see April wanting to have another child for awhile. I also think adoption for them might come into play b/c of the Maggie reference SD made and Maggie being adopted. I just loved them last night. As long as they are together in the end. April will be severely depressed and I hope Jackson realizes this and is patient with her. She will change from this, but they'll change together. I only watch for Japril so I won't watch without them
Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silky1111 (View Post)

That's an interesting interpretation. It would certainly given Sarah and Jesse meaty material to play.

So, you think it will be a congenital issue specific to this one fetus rather than a inheritable genetic defect? That would definitely be a better option. One tiny glimmer of hope in a sea of darkness.

That would be agonizing. I can't even imagine. Although having Baby Boy Avery in the NICU for a day or so post-delivery would potentially pull Alex into the storyline as well.
From what I have read, and it has been a lot, when neither parent has Osteogenesis Imperfecta and end up with a pregnancy that does, it was due to a rare spontaneously mutated gene that was mutated in the sperm or egg BEFORE conception. It says that families with no history of OI that have a child with OI are at no greater risk than the general population of having a second child with OI. About 2-3%.

So Jackson and April would have a very, very small chance of having a second baby with OI as it doesn't run in either family and neither of them have it.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultsby627 (View Post)
I think they decide to induce labor. I will be glad when this is all over tbh. I guess the rest of the season will be them healing and coming out stronger. I mean there has to be a happy spot somewhere here and I think they will come out the other side. I don't see April wanting to have another child for awhile. I also think adoption for them might come into play b/c of the Maggie reference SD made and Maggie being adopted. I just loved them last night. As long as they are together in the end. April will be severely depressed and I hope Jackson realizes this and is patient with her. She will change from this, but they'll change together. I only watch for Japril so I won't watch without them
Why do you think they will adopt? They have a very,very small chance of having another baby with OI. No greater chance than you or I. Do you think April would just be so scared to get pregnant again or something like that? I can't see them adopting, really. I think Maggie comes into play because she is a woman of faith (crucifix earrings during surgery) and April will be struggling with hers. And Amy comes into play because she lost her baby, too.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Why do you think they will adopt? They have a very,very small chance of having another baby with OI. No greater chance than you or I. Do you think April would just be so scared to get pregnant again or something like that? I can't see them adopting, really. I think Maggie comes into play because she is a woman of faith (crucifix earrings during surgery) and April will be struggling with hers. And Amy comes into play because she lost her baby, too.
I just think April will be so gun shy about going thru pregnancy and scared of something happening again. That is all.