Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, Piz was the least of my problems with Veronica in S3, lol. He was a form of escapism, I got that. I didn't believe that he was her type, or that she'd be attracted to him, but that was about the extent of my problem.

I mean, I kind of get it, from Fitz's perspective. Mellie's rape continues to be the actual worst idea Shonda has ever had- and I think I might be including Dead Denny on this list- and there's almost no way it's not going to continue to be offensive (I mean, truly. Think about it. If he leaves her after finding out his father raped her, that's offensive. If he STAYS with her for that reason, it's equally offensive in another way), but as of right now, he doesn't know. He knows his wife lost all sexual interest in him more than 15 years ago, and he has no idea why. I imagine that got defeating after awhile.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think SHonda wanted to find a way to make us sympathize with Mellie and i don't think it was needed. I love her character and it's because Bellamy plays her so well. I can feel sorry for Mellie and still want Fitz and Olivia together. I'm currently rooting for an orgy between Fitz/Liv/Andrew/Mellie tbh. lol

Quinn/Charlie/Huck need to kill each other. blech.

ETA: This picture is killing me. lol Not only because the two far superior Carlys are back and they left out the one Carly everyone loves to ignore but LW had to take her heels off. lol

https://twitter.com/carlivatiron/sta...20188572200960
Old 03-30-2014, 04:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Whoa, did Tams and Sarah merely stop by for a visit? Or are they returning to the show as new characters? My heart forever mourns Tamara's Carly.

Regarding her, I heard she was ranting and raving like a maniac to AJ while he was in a coma. So much so, that it woke him up out of it, lol. I know Ron is to blame for her acting like a psychopath, but I wonder if LW purposefully portrays Carly as a menacing, raging villianess? Or if she actually thinks she makes her human?

Last edited by loveslullaby; 03-30-2014 at 05:31 PM
Old 03-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Uhh Carly has been a psycho since TB left. LW just made her Slag beast a smug psychopath. Laura also said she plays Carly like one so I'm not blaming Ron on this one. Guza upped her crazy.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Bellamy plays Mellie beautifully, but I was far more interested in her in S1, when it seemed like she didn't love Fitz any more than he loved her and was perfectly content with his affair with Olivia as long as she got to be First Lady. It was sort of like Alicia circa S2 on The Good Wife, on steroids. Shonda always ruins her own good ideas, lol. Men use women all the time- I had no problem with the idea that Mellie was using Fitz for her own purposes.

Yeah, I blame Ron for a lot, but not Carly. Carly has been a raging hellbeast since Laura took over the role.
Old 03-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is why I'm rooting for her and Andrew because I rather have Mellie use Fitz for her own gain. In S1 Mellie was shipping Olitz like the rest of us. lol
Old 03-30-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Fan

only 3 more weeks until ORPHAN BLACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Aaaaand the death toll continues. I feel like hiding every TV character I remotely like.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When are the characters that I hate going to die? (Looking at you Ezra Fitz, Klaus Mikealson and Damon Salvatore) And here on ABC they got that new show called Resurrection where family members are coming back from the dead. ROTFL.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I fear Ezra is like a cockroach- he'll never die.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

I am having an out of body experience waiting for this week's The Good Wife. dfljdlfkjsdlkf
Old 03-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Damn. Some top-notch acting all around.

Spoiler:
Old 03-31-2014, 06:50 AM
Elite Fan

I kinda found that scene refreshing for a TV show. Cause it's pretty much always "better place this, better place that, heaven this, heaven that." People don't question when a parent forces God onto a child, so I think it should be just as okay for a parent to inform them of an atheist perspective too.

But then, I find a big issue with how much approval society places on the externalisation of religion (especially in politics which makes me crazy). I think we'd all live in a much more cohesive world if it were encouraged as an internal focus. But that's a whole other conversation, lol.

Back to TGW, I loved how they captured the quietness and emptiness of losing someone. And how strangers around you don't care. And how Alicia was running around everywhere and yet completely motionless. And the bubbling under of a breakdown, without actually reaching that point yet.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think Grace has legitimately gotten mixed messages from her parents, though. We've seen Peter take her to church- that might be for show, lol, but she probably doesn't appreciate the nuances of his political maneuverings, and I don't think Peter DOESN'T believe in God necessarily- and now when someone who has hovered around her life dies violently, her mother tells her there is no God. I personally never, ever tell someone who's lost a loved one that they're with God now unless I know they're deeply religious, but I'm an adult. Grace is a kid. More to the point, Grace is ALICIA'S kid. And telling her flat-out that it's "truer" that there is no God and it's just wishful thinking to believe in God is not helpful- it's scarring. Grace wasn't being helpful either, but in a parent/child dynamic, especially since Grace still IS a kid who has not been raised devoutly atheist, my discomfort tends to lie with the kid.

I really did like the quiet moments, and the reality of the lawyer who lived being loopy on pain killers. I seriously doubt Will was calling Alicia to say anything of the sort that she came up with in the end, but in the absence of any closure, she's trying to give it to herself, and that much I find very realistic.

Oddly, I found one of the most powerful moments to be when the other lawyer shut himself in the room and let out the one sob, before composing himself and moving on.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys, lets add AJ Quatermaine to the death toll.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread