Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2021, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Kelly Clarkson and Reba McEntire have known each other for years, and both artists are big fans of the other. During a recent episode of I Miss…90s Country Radio with Nick Hoffman on Apple Music Country, Clarkson was asked to provide some commentary on McEntire, and she began by praising the Oklahoma native's impressive work ethic.

"I've never seen a woman work so much harder than her male counterparts," she said. "She's just not afraid of anything. And she was always just working so hard and she had to work so much harder than a lot of the guys that didn't have to do as much. But man, wasn't it worth it? What an icon." McEntire has released 33 studio albums, two live albums and 16 compilation albums, and Clarkson noted that her former stepmother-in-law's depth of music rivals any artist.

"Her catalog is literally one of the best catalogs like in music, not just country," she said. "Like she has so many, not even that they're number ones, just so many songs that just reach so many people."
https://popculture.com/country-music...d-of-anything/

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 07-14-2021, 01:11 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that

I do agree with what Kelly says there. But with such a catalogue not hard to have so many songs that reach so many people

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-16-2021, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

how many albums has she produced by now?

Old 07-16-2021, 10:16 PM
Graphics Team Manager

What do you mean? It has the release numbers in the article (although some of her catalogue may not have been released by her as her first label - Mercury Records - kept releasing compilations after she signed with another label). Reba's been a producer on her albums since her 9th album (Have I Got a Deal for You) which was released in 1985. Pretty much the last 36 years worth of albums were produced by Reba (not including anything Mercury has released). Not sure how many albums that'd be but it'd be a lot . If you mean Starstruck it was founded in 1988 so after she was producing on her albums. The first album to be produced under the Starstruck name was Keep On Loving You in 2009 which was also the first album she released under the Valory/Big Machine Records label. She released 3 albums with Starstruck connected to them (two with Valory/Big Machine Records, one with Nash Icon/Big Machine Records). Since her divorce her Gospel album in 2017 was recorded at Starstruck Studios, but that was possibly not long after her divorce as the divorce was part of what inspired her to do the Gospel album. Not sure if that album has anything about Starstruck on it since I don't have it. Stronger Than The Truth (her 2019/most recent album) had no connections to Starstruck. Didn't mention whatever Reba's new personal management company is on it either as far as I remember. Can't be bothered to get up & find it to check even though it is one of the few I own so I could

Sorry, I've babbled a bit there

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-18-2021, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh darn, must not have been awake I focused solely on the quote

haha... long story!

I never notice those things on albums about management and such

Old 07-20-2021, 01:01 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Can't say I blame you for focusing on that. Its far more important than the other bits in the article

Like I said, I babbled

I don't normally either

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-13-2021, 09:24 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Reba's next album (Revived, Remixed, Revisited) will be a collection of songs which she's rerecorded or remixed & there's a part of me which would like to see Kelly involved somehow . At least according to Spotify Because of You is one of the tracks going to be on the album/box set. But I don't know how correct that is as I haven't come across an official track listing yet. I'd presume it is as Reba &/or her team would've put that together. Could be a solo version of the song too though

Quote:
The three-part box set is a reimagined collection of some of Reba’s most iconic songs. REVIVED includes some of Reba’s biggest hits as they’ve evolved over the years in her live show and features all new arrangements of fan favorites like “Is There Life Out There” and “Can’t Even Get The Blues” recorded with Reba’s touring band. REMIXED puts a whole new spin on songs including “Little Rock” and “I’m A Survivor” and on REVISITED, Reba works with Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb to strip back and recut songs like “Somebody Should Leave” and “Consider Me Gone,” and it features the long-awaited pairing of Reba and Dolly Parton on the classic duet “Does He Love You.”
Source
On another note, I already loved Consider Me Gone but love the revisited alterations of it too

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-13-2021, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

would be cool if we got some Kelly/Reba on it

In general I'd love to see a new moment with these two, it's been ages
Especially since the divorce we haven't seen or heard anything come by I think.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:28 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah I think the last we had was when Reba was on TKCS? Then that was before the divorce... It would be nice to have something again

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-13-2021, 11:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that was during the first few eps of the show, or did she come back on later? I think only once.

Old 08-13-2021, 11:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Yeah it was just the one episode early on Maybe Reba can promote this new album on Kelly's show...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-14-2021, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

sounds like a plan to me

I just read something on instagram of a new single as well.. The Survivor? Something like that?

Old 08-14-2021, 12:12 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Not exactly. She released one song from each disc/section of the album. All are old songs redone.

Is There Life Out There from Revived (original song released in 1991)
I'm a Survivor from Remixed (original song released in 2001)
Consider Me Gone from Revisited (original song released in 2009)

The one you saw Reba & Kelly sang on tour - its the one where Melissa Peterman comes out to join them as its also the theme song from Reba's first show

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 08-14-2021, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

oh that's why it sounded familiair!

Very cool that she's redoing all songs.. Kelly should do that.. I'd love to hear how she does songs from the breakaway era nowadays

Old 08-14-2021, 01:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It would be fun to see how things changed . Although I'd rather a 30 song album of new songs

Chelle » join GTmy art
Closed Thread   Post New Thread