Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

her personality shines through

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 10-21-2021, 12:15 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I love her personality & how caring she is of everyone

Random, but I saw a lot of people commenting on how much better Reba's duet of Does He Love You with Kelly is better than her new one (same song) with Dolly Parton. Some didn't remember Kelly's name, but they still were talking about it. It was nice seeing fans not just comparing the new DHLY with the original, but also the live version with Kelly. I think I saw some saying they wished she'd recorded it with Kelly instead too, but can't remember. I just liked seeing people talk about Kelly & liking that version
I can't blame them for their opinion, but what a lot of people seemed to be forgetting is that when Reba & Kelly sang it they were covering the original so while Kelly still had fun with it she didn't necessarily make it her own so to speak. While now Reba & Dolly have redone the song so it is meant to be new & meant to be different. The change really jumps out at people as it is stripped down & there is this moment you expect where whoever sings the mistress part would get to show off their vocal ability which just never happens. Dolly isn't known for those sorts of notes though I don't think.

If anyone is curious -

Original:

With Kelly (the first time):

New Version (with Dolly):

& you can also compare all of Reba's hairstyles over the past 30 years...

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-22-2021, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

it is very cool that people think the version with Kelly is better

Old 10-22-2021, 05:47 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I thought so

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-05-2021, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Reba is coming back to the show! On monday! Seems like she's only performing

Last edited by heartღaflutter; 11-05-2021 at 01:48 PM
Old 11-05-2021, 02:15 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I was waiting for that as I was curious to see if she'd promote her album on the show. Looks like she'll sing a song from it & I presume that's it from the long list of other guests that day

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-07-2021, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah the ep description didn't mention it was a chat and a performance, just a performance so I'm guessing she'll do only that.. hoping it will give us at least a new Kelly/Reba picture

Old 11-09-2021, 12:46 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Unfortunately Reba wasn't on set either. Odd choice for the performance since it had to be cut down so you lose part of the story (if I remember correctly when it was originally released & released to radio they also cut out a verse as it was deemed too long). At least it wasn't the remix version though as this really is a song that shouldn't have been turned into one. I like how parts of the original music video can be seen on the screen behind her

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh pity i had hoped for An in studio one

Old 11-09-2021, 05:01 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Same

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2021, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think this pic is as much as we are gonna get of them in the same pic together right now

Old 11-10-2021, 11:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

at least it is something

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-12-2021, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

such a shame...

Any fun title ideas for the next thread?

Old 11-12-2021, 09:21 PM
Graphics Team Manager

We have these in the OP:
Quote:
"Thank you for being a really rad grandma for my kids" - Kelly
"Everybody knows [Kelly's] talented but sometimes they don’t see that big-hearted, loving person that she really is" - Reba
"[Reba's] voice has always felt nostalgic for me. There’s something about her tone and her storytelling that just feels like home" - Kelly
Because their ballads are each other's favourites
"She is one of my best friends" - Reba
"You're very welcoming which makes me feel more comfortable" - Kelly
I like the second or third one the most

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-14-2021, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

i like #3 if that fits

Closed Thread   Post New Thread