Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanBaby
I don't know if anyone asked this as, I was too lazy to read through all the posts but, I noticed new box to re-ply to a new thread. This is very similar to another a Degrassi Board I go to. Anyhow, I was wondering if we are allowed to put banners in our signatures? I have to say that is the one and ONLY reason why I like , that you guys don't really allow. It would be great if we could do that here. Thanks!
No we still don't allow banners in signatures.
Old 01-05-2005, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Hey i like the new look my only problem is i went to change the url's in my sig to the boards i post on here and it told me that it had to be less than 500 characters so i can either get rid of the url's to the boards i post on here in my sig or keep the old ones and i don't want to do either
other than that it's great love having the pm message at the top of the page
AbolishPuppyFactories
Old 01-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Bummer!

True love is worth fighting for..

Visit and support the faith ->Eternally Eman
Old 01-05-2005, 03:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
I get this if I use an old URL from before the software switch. Are you trying to surf to a thread via a link that takes you to the old URL? Or are you trying to view a board through your favorites?

Start by going back to the original fanforum url and I hope it clears up the problem. I tried surfing to Third Watch via my favorites and got a board with no threads. But once I realized what I'd done and surfed from the actual Fan Forum home, then reset my faves, there's not a prob.

That was exactly it, it seems to be running okay now, just the 'busy server'

I do like the new style, its fresh and will take time to get use to, i just dont like the ads at the side there>> seems to squished

The new BG is cool! The only time i need to log in is after every time ive been off the internet, which isnt so bad i suppose.
Old 01-05-2005, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypinkdots
That was exactly it, it seems to be running okay now, just the 'busy server'
you shouldn't be getting busy server messages right now...
Old 01-05-2005, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

I think i'm getting used to this new place now. Though I still need to click the 'New forum polls' links to make it normal. Otherwise it doesn't let me see the threads.

And I get annoyed by people complaining about the lost smilies on threads they aren't supposed to complain. *sigh* But it's got nothing to do with anything.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:09 AM
Elite Fan

Two more things:
1. When you reply to a post, the reply box doesn't match the board colors. (See here.) I'm sure you're going to fix that later after all the important stuff is working. But still, it keeps bugging me.
2. I'm pretty sure I'm alone on this one, but I can't stand that when you use a smilie, the smilie seems to be on a lower level than the text. Take for example. Using it moves your text up.

Apart from that, I think everything seems to be working for me now.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Administrator

all old url's should work now... please let me know if they don't.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

I was just about the fix the links on the Nick board guide when I noticed that the links work Thanks
Old 01-05-2005, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen
Two more things:
1. When you reply to a post, the reply box doesn't match the board colors. (See here.) I'm sure you're going to fix that later after all the important stuff is working. But still, it keeps bugging me.
2. I'm pretty sure I'm alone on this one, but I can't stand that when you use a smilie, the smilie seems to be on a lower level than the text. Take for example. Using it moves your text up.

Apart from that, I think everything seems to be working for me now.
I'm not sure I see what you mean with the smilies, it looks like the text is on a lower level than the smilie to me.

as far as the reply / posting pages go, I have noticed that and it's bugging me too, I just haven't gotten there yet, be patient and it will all get fixed asap.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:16 AM
Master Fan

it's been working well this am for me
Old 01-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey, I was wondering something. Are we going to have signature size restrictions? I'm not talking 5 instead of 4 lines, but I saw people with 17 instead of 4 lines. Huge signatures really bother me. If I have to see another poster stating his love/appreciation/lust/admiration/etc to all the couples he/she likes, I'm going to choke myself.
Thanks.

“But here’s the thing. I was protecting you. And when it comes down to having the choice of being right or protecting you, I’ll be wrong every single time. Because it’s just who I am.”

.:LJ:.

Last edited by Washi; 01-05-2005 at 05:28 AM
Old 01-05-2005, 04:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
you shouldn't be getting busy server messages right now...
i had it twice when i was on this morning :/
Old 01-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexypinkdots
i had it twice when i was on this morning :/
something is wrong then because the server is not busy by any means and hasn't been for atleast the last 4 hours.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it's working a lottttttt better for me now, it was really slow for me yesterday and i got the server is busy page a lot, but now everything seems to be running smoothly, so thumbs up! I'm also already getting used to the new layout, still not completely loving the left aligning... but i bet it's only a matter of time before i won't even notice that anymore.

I really hope you guys bring back that quick reply function though, from the little time i got to use it yesterday, i really really liked it, it's a great function especially in times that the boards/my internet/computer are being a bit slow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread