Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

not so much a complaint, but a question...

on the threads, there seems to be fewer posts to every page, i think 15 ? does this mean we wait till 250 posts to start a new thread, or do we start a new thread at 10 pages which will only have 150 posts by my calculations ?
Old 01-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Website Manager

That is a switchable option, I just changed the default to 25.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnie
That is a switchable option, I just changed the default to 25.
excellent... thanks johnnie...
Old 01-04-2005, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caradeangel
Oh... and sometimes, when I post a new post, FF jumps back to the first page of the thread. That's slightly irritating
I've been getting this as well ....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
It's just because you're special that you couldn't change it Should be fixed now.
Uh ... unless I'm an idiot I still cannot change my avatar to a custom one.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Oh... and sometimes, when I post a new post, FF jumps back to the first page of the thread. That's slightly irritating
Yep. I get that too. Kind of annoying.

Also, i still can't change my av. Which is bugging me because i have a new one im DESPERATE to use
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
You're a moderator manager, that's a different usergroup too
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
Karen, you should be able to change your avatar to a custom one now. I fixed the permissions for your group in the Control Panel.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 01-04-2005, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

test...
Old 01-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Eyes
I use Norton's SystemWorks 2005, it has an ad blocker in it you can turn on or off.

I have a narrow black bar at the top and a wider black bar at the right that I assume is where those ads you are talking about would be if I turned off the blocker.
Where is that option? cause I have Norton too.

And argh.. so they don't go away then? They show up only as black boxes? When you have the Block thingy on....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykayelle
I totally agree, which stinks because I am trying really really hard to like it. Specifically, I don't like the left aligned thing, the positioning of the post edit stuff, the wider boards, the removal of the buddy list online offline thing, the new post box with all the fancy icons (insert picyure and insert link and those things) that I am never going to use, and the placement of the board switch drop-down menu.
If you go to the UserCP, in Edit Options, at the bottom in the Miscellaneous section, you have the option to change your Message Editor Interface to "simple", which turns off the fancy icons on the edit window.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

I really hate to be so negative and I know you guys really worked hard on this but, are we gonna be stuck looking at these black boxes from now on? I can understand if we had to have the add space, but to me its not nearly as symmetrical or attractive as it was. Maybe its just the change.. some folks just don't do well with it.. guess I'm one of them. On a positive note I do like the stars, music notes, tv background.

SATC
Old 01-04-2005, 08:19 PM
New Fan

i can't get on with my main computer at all on any forum. i mainly use the spoiler forum. i am on the spare computer and have to reload the site many times to get it to work. can anyone give me any hints on getting my main computer back to use fanforum. thanks
Old 01-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty
i can't get on with my main computer at all on any forum. i mainly use the spoiler forum. i am on the spare computer and have to reload the site many times to get it to work. can anyone give me any hints on getting my main computer back to use fanforum. thanks
clear your old links and try going to http://fanforum.com

I hope it helps.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle25
I really hate to be so negative and I know you guys really worked hard on this but, are we gonna be stuck looking at these black boxes from now on? I can understand if we had to have the add space, but to me its not nearly as symmetrical or attractive as it was. Maybe its just the change.. some folks just don't do well with it.. guess I'm one of them. On a positive note I do like the stars, music notes, tv background.
believe me, I hate them more than you do.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread