Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I can't stay logged in even when I didn't close the browser. I would get away from the computer for a while and when I come back, I'd be logged out.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Why was the Smilie Thread closed?

May we PLEASE have some kind of 'healing hand' smilie?

Later,
There are no accidents! Everything happens for a reason.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
I can't stay logged in even when I didn't close the browser. I would get away from the computer for a while and when I come back, I'd be logged out.

Its the Fan Forum ghost!

SATC
Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

For anyone having weird problems with FF (like staying logged in) which may be related to cookies, try using this panel.

This will show you all the FF-related cookies on your computer. Check them all and press "Delete My Cookies" at the bottom to get rid of them. Once they're deleted, you'll have to re-login to FF.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Just wanted to say that FF is working MUCH better. Still some URL issues, and loading is a bit longer, but I know you're working to fix it all. Pages are working; not as many "busy" signs.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
For anyone having weird problems with FF (like staying logged in) which may be related to cookies, try using this panel.

This will show you all the FF-related cookies on your computer. Check them all and press "Delete My Cookies" at the bottom to get rid of them. Once they're deleted, you'll have to re-login to FF.
Thanks.

I have another question now.

Some threads have that "Quick Reply" function....but they only sometimes have it. I thought it was because when a thread reaches a certain number of posts, like 5 posts for example, that function no longer applies....but it seems like a lot of threads with 0 or 1 reply don't have that function. So I thought maybe it's based on something else and not the number of posts. Come to think of it, I've only seen it on Television Board. I would try the quick reply to post but the server would be busy and then it'd be gone when I try to reply again. Maybe it's another Fan Forum ghost!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I think alot of us were using the old URL. And now the new URL is what to use. So, please ignore my emails fan forum staff.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarterley
Thanks.

I have another question now.

Some threads have that "Quick Reply" function....but they only sometimes have it. I thought it was because when a thread reaches a certain number of posts, like 5 posts for example, that function no longer applies....but it seems like a lot of threads with 0 or 1 reply don't have that function. So I thought maybe it's based on something else and not the number of posts. Come to think of it, I've only seen it on Television Board. I would try the quick reply to post but the server would be busy and then it'd be gone when I try to reply again. Maybe it's another Fan Forum ghost!
Rachel was testing it out, we might add it in the next few days though.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

I'm so glad to be able to post

So far I'm loving the new upgrade - got to go and investigate some more .... I'm just so happy to be back here - it's been a horrible 24 hours or so not able to login!!

Thanks Leif and co for all your hard work!!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

I don't know where else to post this, but...

I'm not sure if it's just on my computer, but for me the Evanescence board is a bit messed up. As in, the proportions of the thread and thread starter columns. I checked the other new boards to see if it was like that for them too, but it wasn't.

- -
Nellie
Old 01-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost lullaby
I don't know where else to post this, but...

I'm not sure if it's just on my computer, but for me the Evanescence board is a bit messed up. As in, the proportions of the thread and thread starter columns. I checked the other new boards to see if it was like that for them too, but it wasn't.

- -
Nellie
looks like we missed that one, it should be fixed now.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Glad the boards are back up. It'll take me a little while to get used to them, but it's looking good. Had a question though..

Is there a limit of characters for posts now? I can't get all of the intro to fit in a thread I just started. So I'm just pasting in chunks at a time until I get the error message again. But if there's a set number I'll know what to work towards in my editing and linking of things to save space.

Last edited by -Genevieve-; 01-04-2005 at 11:34 PM
Old 01-04-2005, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
looks like we missed that one, it should be fixed now.
It is! Thanks for the help!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't know if anyone asked this as, I was too lazy to read through all the posts but, I noticed new box to re-ply to a new thread. This is very similar to another a Degrassi Board I go to. Anyhow, I was wondering if we are allowed to put banners in our signatures? I have to say that is the one and ONLY reason why I like , that you guys don't really allow. It would be great if we could do that here. Thanks!

(Sorry, I had to edit this. I accidently put in a URL to a website. Don't want to get spammed! My appologies. )

True love is worth fighting for..

Visit and support the faith ->Eternally Eman
Old 01-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Total Fan

FF looks really nice, plus the threads look a lot less cluttered. Thanks for all of the hard work and effort. I appreciate it!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread