Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

I have noticed one thing. The posts used to alternate colors, now they seem to be the same. Is this normal?

Icon
Old 01-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

When I open the smilie list there are two categories, standard and custom ones. I have figured/guessed that the standard ones are the smilies that show up in the reply box and I think that selection is great and pretty accuratly reflects the most used ones (at least that I see around the boards/threads I visit)

Is it possible sorting the smilies in the custom section in alphabetical order? It'd make it so much easier to navigate the smilie window. If it is possible, I can understand if it might not be an issue of top priority, but I'd like to put it 'out there' as something I'd enjoy anyhow.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD
I have noticed one thing. The posts used to alternate colors, now they seem to be the same. Is this normal?
Yes, that was changed. Now the colours alternate by columns rather than rows in thread views.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

I think I've finally sorted the black-text-on-black-background problem. Can somebody having this problem please go over and check the Buffy board and let me know if it's working, it should be fixed now. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Among the "Thread Tools" at the bottom of the page is a "Show Printable Version" button. I used to be able to use this, to download a whole thread in one piece. This was great, for off-line reading on talkative threads, and especially for saving a thread for an archive. (Remember when this was a good idea? ) The Liz Mythology and CHADs threads were saved this way.

Would it be possible to alter the "Show Printable Version" button to give us the whole thread, or to add another "Show Whole Thread" button?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild
I think I've finally sorted the black-text-on-black-background problem. Can somebody having this problem please go over and check the Buffy board and let me know if it's working, it should be fixed now. Thanks.
Buffy board is good, but the Roswell and Angel ones are still black on black!!
Old 01-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scionfairy
Buffy board is good, but the Roswell and Angel ones are still black on black!!
I just wanted to confirm that one worked before I fixed the others. I'll do those next.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I just wanted to confirm that one worked before I fixed the others. I'll do those next.
I can see only one thing still "black-on-black" at the Buffy board: the "yesterday", "today", "by" strings on the "Last post" column of the main board page. But it seems you've found the solution Thats really Great
Congratulations I'll wait for the other boards to be fixed, I'm getting FF-deprived
Old 01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I just checked the Roswell 2005 Calendar thread (on "Roswell"). I'd read and posted on it yesterday; now it's become black-on-black. It's also been locked since then, if that has any affect.

Still hoping for a view-whole-thread button.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenglow
I can see only one thing still "black-on-black" at the Buffy board: the "yesterday", "today", "by" strings on the "Last post" column of the main board page. But it seems you've found the solution Thats really Great
Congratulations I'll wait for the other boards to be fixed, I'm getting FF-deprived
Thanks for the info ... we'll see if there's something we can do about those strings.

It appears this font colour problem occurs in IE 5, which is a bit old now. Another way to fix your problems is to upgrade to IE 6, if possible.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie
I just checked the Roswell 2005 Calendar thread (on "Roswell"). I'd read and posted on it yesterday; now it's become black-on-black. It's also been locked since then, if that has any affect.

Still hoping for a view-whole-thread button.
The Roswell board should be fixed now. I'll have to think about the print whole thread function.
Old 01-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Since this thread is over 300 posts now, I'm going to close it. Please one of the other Q&A threads to report a problem.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread