Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire Girl
Then Skye, hun, I'm not sure what advice to give.
No problem I'm just being picky about when things change. Hopefully it'll speed up soon.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I can't post it but I'll try making one and then I'll e-mail it to Jerry.

Leif, I use webTV if that explains things better.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:18 PM
Administrator

ahh, yeah, I've never used webtv.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmore Girl
I don't know why, but nothing's really woking for me right now. I wanna go to the Role Play board and there's just nothing. And it's not only this thread... Every threads like that... I have to click like hundreds of times until it's there. That's totally crappy.. I liked the last layout before this one here now much better...

Hope it'll soon work better..
I had this probelm last night - you mean like all the boards are blank?

Try this link::

http://www.fanforum.com/
Old 01-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Administrator

just so everyone knows, I still plan on cleaning things up alot, we just ran out of time and had to put things up a little early. so some of the icons might suck or they might be default and some things might not work, but we will get to it as soon as we can.
Old 01-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still can't change my custom avatar For an avi changing addict like me this is a MAJOR trial. Any idea when that option will be back?

Also, sometimes i get this huuuuge space underneath my signature when i post. Not that this is really a problem, but im a perfectionist and to me it looks very unsightly. Just thought id mention it.

Otherwise im having no probs with the new software and i like it. Good job.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
I still can't change my custom avatar For an avi changing addict like me this is a MAJOR trial. Any idea when that option will be back?

Also, sometimes i get this huuuuge space underneath my signature when i post. Not that this is really a problem, but im a perfectionist and to me it looks very unsightly. Just thought id mention it.
I can't make comments about the avatars cause I think Rachel is probably dealing with that, but as far as your signature goes, could that be happening when you make short posts? cause the user area in posts is a certain height and your post is aligned to the top of the area right next to it.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Catrina, your sig doesn't have a big blank space for me. Did you rearrange it, or is maybe just showing odd on your screen?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Karen - It was showing ok for me on that post as well. It's just on some posts there's this huge blank space underneath. I've noticed other people with the same problem. Just bugs me a little.

Also, apparently the reason we can't change our avies is because we're mods and in a different user group. One of the admins is working on it though.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

hi

Thankfully.

So, I was wrong when I thought that gray background with the film reel, music notes, tvs, etc. was a java applet.

Carol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenboy
the background is done in css, I would never use java applets
Old 01-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Catrina~
Also, apparently the reason we can't change our avies is because we're mods and in a different user group. One of the admins is working on it though.
That's just a theory though! But I kind of think it makes sense.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Supreme Fan

Why is the forum working for some people but not for others? Location?
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."

Last edited by xextremex; 01-04-2005 at 02:38 PM
Old 01-04-2005, 03:03 PM
Addicted Fan

What annoys me the most right now is that all the old FF links don't work anymore.
I'm a mod on the Harry Potter board and we have a Portkey that has all the up-to-date links to all the threads on the boards (well... it used to) Guess who gets to re-do that?

And for some reason I can't seem to edit any posts. I always get some error message. But I guess that's just because the server is too busy.

Oh... and sometimes, when I post a new post, FF jumps back to the first page of the thread. That's slightly irritating

But as I said before: it's okay. As long as I can access the board, it's okay for me. I'm sure it will all work fine in a couple of days. Thank you to everyone who is working their ass off on making FF work for us

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:38 PM
Supreme Fan

Is the little round button that shows whether people are online going to be staying? Because it looks really messy, especially against a dark background. The old icons were a lot tidier and professional looking.

ETA - I always use my User Control Panel as my link to FF. My favourite feature was being able to see whether the people on my buddy list were online or not, as soon as I got to Fan Forum.
Why did this have to be removed?

Last edited by haylz80; 01-04-2005 at 03:47 PM
Old 01-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I have a quick question. It could have possible already been answered, but the boards are running slow to check all the pages, so far.

I was wondering, if the posts per page has changed with the new software? It used to be 25 per page. Is this something I need to change in my User CP?

Boards look nice, though.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top