Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I was there since 2013 so I thought it was time for a change, plus my co-worker retired and I don’t want to risk my former (truly personality disordered) co-worker applying to work there too and just … no Not taking that risk.

It is out in the country so it does smell a bit like… cows… but I’m sure the staff and students get used to that
Old 07-24-2021, 06:05 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Yes, farms can have a definite aroma. I think pig farms are the worst.

Do you have much smoke from the forest fires in the city? We had air quality warnings up early last week due to fires in Northern Ontario. That smoke can really travel!

It's supposed to be rainy here today so I'll put off doing laundry until tomorrow. I like to put it out on the line to dry if possible.
Old 07-24-2021, 01:08 PM
MST Manager

I haven't had much breeze here lately. I live near the sea, so I do get breeze sometimes.

I love the smell of farms. I hope you get used to it, Leanne.
Old 07-25-2021, 05:16 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

We had some severe weather yesterday afternoon & evening. Just windy and really heavy rain here but there was a thunderstorm and tornado watch posted.

Julie! I hope you have a very special day.
Old 07-25-2021, 06:27 AM
MST Manager

I hope you stay safe with that weather, Chris! My brother is having very stormy weather in the south east of England. I'm in the south west. The weather is very hot here and not stormy at all. I hate lightning so I hope I don't get my brother's weather!

Thanks, Chris! I did a bit of work on my allotment but I'm spending most of the day watching the Olympics and I'm getting a Chinese takeaway later.
Old 07-25-2021, 09:09 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

oh, Chinese food is yummy! What's your favourite dish? There was a fire at my local Chinese restaurant 2 months ago, so they're still closed repairing the damage. There's another place about 20 minutes away. Might have to give them a try.
Old 07-25-2021, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss rainy or stormy weather. Here its just been sunny and hot since mid-June! We have a lot of forest fires going on. But no really bad smoky air yet!

I love Chinese food. Its almost my birthday and I have to think about what kind of food for my birthday dinner I’d like to take out. Chinese is very tempting.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:28 AM
MST Manager

I hope your local Chinese restaurant gets repaired soon, Chris!

My favourite dishes are chicken or seafood dishes with fried rice or noodles. I love to have sesame prawn toast, spring rolls and prawn crackers too.

I hope you enjoy your birthday food, Leanne.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:49 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I prefer the chicken dishes since I'm not much of a fan of seafood. Beef & broccoli is good. I love egg rolls or spring rolls!

It's hot here again today.

Underwear and batteries I ordered from Amazon didn't arrive when they were supposed to last week. There was a message on my account that they may have been lost in transit. So they reshipped. I received them on Friday, and now again today. I'll need to see how to follow up on that.
Old 07-27-2021, 12:59 PM
MST Manager

Amazon might let you keep those items, Chris.

It's still hot here but there was a bit of rain yesterday and today.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, BC hasn’t seen a rainy day since June 15 with no end in sight. I’m one of those people who actually feels happier and energetic when its overcast or cozy rainy, so this just isn’t my thing right now I’m mostly inside avoiding all sun and heat!

I love shrimp fried rice, orange chicken, beef and broccoli, chowmein

Yeah Chris, I heard sometimes they just let you keep what you got sent. I bought a curtain rod I decided not to use but I didn’t say I wanted to send it back, I missed out on a refund.

All days have officially run together, I don’t know what day it is anymore whether its a weekday or a weekend now
Old 07-28-2021, 04:42 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Guess I get to keep the stuff from Amazon. I'm all set with underwear for the foreseeable future.

Now I'm craving Chinese food

We're having the maple tree in our front yard taken down today. It's too close to the house, and hubby is afraid the roots will grow into our water/sewer/gas/electrical services. When we planted it, it seemed far enough away from the house. Now I realize that we should have planted it out further.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How fast do maple trees grow?

My brother is starting a pet photography business so I let him take pics of my cat for portfolio building and now I have super cute photos of my little buddy
Old 07-29-2021, 04:28 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

I'm not sure how fast trees grow. It had been there 30 years, and was more than a sapling when planted.

Nice bonus for you Leanne! In a similar situation, when I was a baby a neighbour was getting started in photography. My parents have tons of pics of me. By time my sister came along they had moved and they have hardly any pictures of her as a baby.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:39 PM
MST Manager

I love orange chicken.

Cats are cute.

It's a shame you have to take the maple tree down, Chris.