Graphics Team Manager

There's also this on Facebook which I can't see on Twitter to bring across

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-09-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw that last night, that's so nice
Old 11-10-2015, 01:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I love that they did that . I was thinking yesterday that it is a shame I'm going to the show after her birthday not the one before it or closest to it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Elite Fan

Chelle .

It is today if you had not already figured it out.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I had but thanks for telling me

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2015, 12:06 AM
Elite Fan

You are welcome. Now I am posting so you can fangirl over it in here .
Old 11-11-2015, 12:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

see that's presuming I have words

I could say a few things about the musical in general but I feel I'll bore people so I won't unless someone wants me to

Delta though she was amazing. A part of me feels that Grizabella was on stage more than she was the last time I've seen Cats but that was a long time ago & I wasn't watching everything Grizabella did when I first saw it . One thing though was that I don't remember Grizabella being on stage for the entire Grizabella song, I thought she sang a few lines & tried to get their attention, failed so walked off again. But Delta was on stage the entire song. One thing about Cats is there's a lot going on sometimes & you don't know where to look & at one point the cats were dancing & then Delta appears on the right of the stage, watching over them as Grizabella comes on a couple of times to do that since she wants to be welcomed in & allowed to join in. So I was torn with watching her & watching the dancing - even more so since my favourite cat in the show (the white one - Victoria) was having a kinda show off moment. My seat was really good though, not too far back & right in the middle. There was also times when cats would come into the audience during the show (which my seat wasn't good for as the cats couldn't come near me), but Delta wasn't one of them. She may have run in with all the other cats at the very beginning though but I didn't see her & it was hard to pick out any of the cats as it was pretty dark in the theatre at that point. I think I missed the very first time she comes out to watch them as I was watching what else was going on. But as soon as she first walked out to actually have her part (when they sing Grizabella) I knew it was her & I was mesmerized. They all did a really good job playing their parts where Grizabella is involved. She wanting to join in, reaching out, & trying to impress them. Some of the younger cats ('kittens') reaching out & showing some curiosity & either turning away or being pulled away by the older cats. Then the older cats ignoring her. I think there were a few changes here as Delta's Grizabella had more of a bite to her as some of the cats do paw swipes at her to shoe her away & she had a few movements like she was going to fight back & she did hissing/growling faces at them for their behaviour. Another thing I felt was different was that they seemed to play up the prostitute part of the role, not just that she's a glamour cat. Other things I've seen she just does a couple of moves, trying to make herself look glamorous & for them to notice her, but Delta had more moves which to me came across as something a prostitute might do to get attention. Delta put a lot of emotion into the role, her voice was amazing, she just was perfect . One more thing I almost forgot to add then - at the end when the show is over & the cats came out one at a time to bow & receive individual applause (side note: Delta got the loudest applause & standing ovation) they then all started singing a few lines from one of the songs & dancing. That was when you could see Delta in her dancing, just having fun (it was the same for all of them, they were meant to break out of character at that point) & I like seeing that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-11-2015, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

loved reading this Chelle.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

It looks like you did have words .

I am glad you enjoyed it and that Delta was in it, and that you thought she was amazing in it.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, sounds like you had a great time, Chelle I'm so glad you got to see the musical and that Delta was in it! I loved reading your review
Old 11-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I did Rae, somehow

It was amazing . Even with changes I had a really good time . Delta being in it may have been the highlight for me but the whole show was really good so I'm glad I went

Supposedly Delta's said in an interview that she wants to do all of the shows she's in too which I think is a lot of dedication from her to the part, also nice for all the fans going to see it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-15-2015, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's great

That sounds like something Delta would do, I think that's amazing and really nice for the fans as you said.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

It does sound like her, I wasn't surprised to hear it

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-17-2015, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do you know how many shows there are left?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

the rest of the month in Sydney (Wed-Sun), then there's Melbourne & Hobart which I have a feeling she does for a month each too but I'd have to check

Edit:

Sydney: From 30 Oct 15 - 29 Nov 15
Hobart: From 10 Dec 15 - 13 Dec 15
Melbourne: From 18 Dec 15 - 17 Jan 16

So it is about two months left in the three locations. Not sure how many shows that'd be all up

Chelle » join GTmy art

Last edited by shinebrighterxx; 11-17-2015 at 02:22 AM