Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2015, 03:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for all of that! I love that she really seems to relate to the character she's playing

I've only seen a few musicals so I don't have much to compare it to, but from those videos it looks like she's doing a great job
Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I love that too. It might be easier to get into the role if you can find a way to relate to the part to help show the emotion in it. Grizabella is rejected by the other cats & is lonely so there's a lot of emotion & pain in that role

I think she is I want to go see it now I don't know if my excitement will let me go to bed

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2015, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is probably true

I don't blame you When exactly are you going to see her?
Old 10-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Graphics Team Manager

The daytime/afternoon show on November 11 so it is still a while away but it is less than two weeks now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-30-2015, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, sounds exciting
Old 10-31-2015, 12:28 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 10-31-2015, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love that picture
Old 11-02-2015, 02:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Reviews:
Quote:
Goodrem was sublime. Magnificent. Her Grizabella is hauntingly beautiful and she inhabited the Jellicle spirit completely. And boy, can she sing what must be one of the hardest songs to sing. Bravo Ms Goodrem, bravo. Actually, a full hearted Jellicle bravo to everyone involved. This is truly a spectacular production.

Read More
Quote:
For Delta Goodrem’s spine-tingling rendition of Memory alone, Sydney’s latest production of Cats is worth the ticket-price. It’s a powerful piece of music, and Goodrem’s epic voice subjugates every note, owning it completely — a fitting climax to what is a truly delightful production.

Goodrem is Grizabella, the tragic glamour cat, whose misfortune sees her rejected by others in the Jellicle tribe, even as she looks for redemption and rebirth. It is she who provides something of a dramatic through-line for the piece, which unfolds in a junkyard as various cats introduce themselves and tell their stories to the audience, awaiting a ruling from Old Deuteronomy, which will give one cat the chance to be reborn on the Heaviside Layer.

Read More

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
Old 11-05-2015, 02:02 AM
Graphics Team Manager

it is nice to see her getting positive reviews

Less than a week now

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really glad that she's getting positive reviews

Exciting
Old 11-07-2015, 01:34 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I have no idea if this link will work but there's a few pictures of Delta performing here

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-07-2015, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks! I found a few here too.
Old 11-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that link probably better than my one as they don't have the watermark on them

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 11-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's why I thought I'd share them