Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren James (View Post)
Spoiler:
Well, the episode description said so, but they've been kinda off. It could be misleading.
obinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

I hope it is misleading

EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l SpikeღBuffy l BrandonღKelly l DylanღBrenda l
Lauren James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just saw #7

TBH when Tristan pointed out that Grace has to be gay because of her style after Miles already did that in DLB I kinda started to hope that she´s not. Just to make a point about stereotyping people.

Another thing I liked was seeing Grace make a mistake. Since she´s on the show she´s giving smart advice to others. But it´s different if you yourself are in the middle of something or just watch it from the outside. She clearly led Zoe on without meaning to. And I´m surprised that she went through with it instead of stopping early. She has to be really desperate to have someone like Zoe at her side that she hoped till the end that she´d be into it.
I´m just not sure if I should believe that she´s been into Zig. Maybe she only said that to get the point across.

I just wish that Zoe went out to sleep with a ranodm guy instead of Zig. Or that Grace would have pointed out someone else as crush because for Zoe it was completely in character what she did (what I think of Zig´s part in it I wrote in the Zaya thread).
I still have to watch 3 episodes but I kind of even think that they could mend their friendship sometime. It would have been easier if it wouldn´t have been Zig but if Grace doesn´t find anyone else to trust with her illness in near future I think she might be desperate enough to forgive Zoe.
It´s still kinda sad. I thought that if they don´t become a couple, they could show what a powerful ship a friendship can be but now they are far from that even if Grace forgives Zoe.

Last edited by Okun; 01-18-2016 at 06:53 AM
Okun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I'm not too surprised at Grace being straight. As mentioned, there were too many "she's obviously gay" moments with other characters that probably should have served as a hint to us that she was anything but. The whole Zig thing came out of nowhere, though. It wouldn't, of course, if the show had actually decided to give us even a little hint of the that story line from Grace's POV.

As for the chances of them reconciling? I think they spent far too much time on this relationship for it to be over just like that.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, now that I´m through with all episodes I also don´t think that they are over. Zoe obviously already regrets throwing Grace away - it was just a small line when she said "Took care of that" to Maya in #10 but just look at the way she´s says it.

I also watched the Grace pointing out Zig as her crush scene again. She seems kind of in a tight spot when Zoe wanted her to name a guy. And then Zig entered the room and he seemed like a good choice. I could imagine if Tiny would have come in right then she would have pointed on him.

And there was something else: She says that she´s not gay. She didn´t say that she´s straight. Plus the Zig crush being not very believable - maybe she´s just not into sex at all.
It kinda would make sense. She said a few things that make me believe she has feelings for Zoe. Maybe she just has a hard time explaining to Zoe that she has feelings for her but isn´t interested in having sex with her. Just imagine his face if Maya would have told that to Zig or the other way around.
I really would like them to flash out that topic (after they dropped it with Conner after two scenes).

Another option would be Grace really being totally terrified by the situation, maybe too tense to enjoy whatever Zoe and her did. I would like that, too because Grace always seemed to be on top of things. Gangfights in the school? Grace has all the information and the good advice. Zoe wants to send boob pics - Grace takes care of the tech. Maya needs someone to point out her feelings for Zig - Grace serves it to her right at the best time.
Her being terrified now that it´s about her own feelings would be great to see her deal with.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

So, um, these two didn't really go in the direction I had hoped but they had some good moments! Let's see, there was Zoe researching CF all night and making Grace that smoothie; their digital arts project with Zoe attending Grace's funeral in vintage Valentino; Zoe going to see Maya's band and cheering "Yeah Grace!"; Grace volunteering to help Zoe find her Gilmore Girls dad, and of course, the iconic "You can eat Grace's muffin later."

It's easy to say that this was a one-sided romance, but you really can't ignore the faces Grace made at Zoe such as the one when she invited her over to watch Netflix. I still don't understand why she uhhh "tried" to be gay to please Zoe, but hopefully this will be explained in season 2/1b because (I agree with Okun) I'll never believe that she has a crush on Zig and while she may not be gay, she also may not be straight. I'm obviously rooting for them to ultimately end up together, but really I just need their friendship to be repaired. I don't think even those who don't want them together romantically can deny that they had a really interesting friendship.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well the sexual attraction may be one sided but I don´t think their feelings are. It´s not only the scenes you pointed out, it´s also some things Grace says: "You have me." "You´re the person I trust most." "I never felt this close to anyone."

If Grace really is just not into sex it must be confusing for her to know that she´s in love but not interested in having sex with Zoe. Or it´s really her being afraid. But whatever the problem is I don´t think she did it to please Zoe, more like she really hoped it would work out for her if she just goes ahead and tries it.

By now my guess is that their storyline might be about the questions: "Is there really a clear line between a friendship and a relationship?" "If both doesn´t fit us - what are we, what do we want to be?" At least they already tried both and both didn´t seem to fit.

Last edited by Okun; 01-22-2016 at 04:59 PM
Old 01-22-2016, 11:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I find it so hard to believe that this is really the end for them. The Zig angle can't be ignored. Pretty much everyone has pointed out, on various sites and on different forms of social media, that Grace being into Zig makes no sense. The writers have had issues with continuity, but one thing that has stayed consistent is that Grace was always supportive of Zig's relationship with MAYA. Up until he cheated, that is. Regardless, we never see any kind of indication that Grace longs for Zig. I really think seeing something, anything, from Grace's POV would clear this up. If Grace had been telling Zoe the truth, she wouldn't have claimed to like Zig when it's so obvious she doesn't.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I haven't been on tumblr since the new season started. Anyone come across a gifset of the "maybe let's forget about pajamas" moment? That one might be better live action? I noticed that there seems to be a lack of music in scenes lately but that one had an overlay. Not sure of the song but I liked it and it set the romantic mood. What a sweet first time.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think anyone has giffed that particular moment, but the sex scene was.

{gif by: vanessalengies)
Old 01-24-2016, 05:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

That was really such a lovely scene. I fangirled a little. Thanks for posting!

Did we ever find out why Zoe was wearing that outfit? Definitely doesn't seem like something she would wear. Looks like it came from Grace's closet lol.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Obsessed Fan

LOL maybe she wanted to impress Grace? It doesn't seem like something Zoe would normally wear. It's almost as if there should have been a deleted scene, explaining why Zoe wore something so drastically different.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

I can buy Zoe wanting to impress Grace. She's wanted to do that all along in their relationship.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Yeah she seems to be trying to fit into Grace's world, which is sweet. I like it because it is exposing her to new things and us as the viewers as well because we are seeing Zoe in a different way. Can you believe this is the same high maintenance actress we first met way back? I wonder what Grace would say if Zoe decided to return to acting.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don´t think she´s trying to fit into Grace´s world because she already knows that Grace "sees the real her". It may be more of a way to get to understand Grace and her world better.
Like when I saw a blind character in a TV show years ago I went with a blindfold through the house just to understand how it is to be blind.
Reply   Post New Thread