Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought the movie was kinda boring. I am starting to tolerate Janny, but I'm still not a fan. and spemma ugh don't get me started on them!! I do love Jay hogart though. :-)
JackieKelsoforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Loyal Fan

This movie is not somethign I will not be watching during reruns this was the worst they have had. I was not a fan of the first one when they had Paige and Marco no longer friends. But with Spinner marrying Emma which is totally OOC with both characters even beat the fact that Paige and Marco are not friends, I won't be watching a movie anymore since they do not do them well at all.

Damon::"You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me."Elena:"I like you now...just the way you are." And then she kissed him.
AFatalistTillTheEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

^ The send-offs are terrible for this show. Paige and Marco are no longer friends. Nobody but Peter spoke to Liberty. Alex regressed. Spinner and Emma get married within the span of two days. We never hear if Jimmy's stem cell worked. I guess maybe Ashley and Sean got the best send-offs, but a lot of people expected them to graduate before they left and they didn't.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh-Canada (View Post)
Degrassi is really weird sometimes. It can be so moving and sincere. But then the next scene is like OMGZ CAT FIGHTS AND TWINS KISSSING!!! LOL!!Z
I think this is the most poignant, eloquent, and accurate summary of this show that I have ever read. lol

I don't really have any ~deep thoughts~ on this movie. I was never invested in Emma/who she ends up with and I kind of would have loved Spinner to date Holly J, but, you know, what's done is done. TBH, I've never been really invested in any ship on this show (except Snarcy but lol, that doesn't count since it's so UC) and I'm glad since it seems fans always get screwed.

I thought the movie was highly entertaining and for that reason, I enjoyed it. A lot. It was, bizarrely, more realistic and enjoyable than the previous movies. The Declan/Fiona storyline was oddly endearing and I'm glad we're getting to know a lot more about Fiona in the new season so far. She has rapidly become my favorite character.

The only things I really didn't like were the godawful Manny/Jane catfight, Ke$ha, and Declan/Holly J continuing to be infinitely cheesy and shoved down my throat. Will they ever end??? (I know I'm in the minority.)

But THANK GOD the writers (and hopefully fans) are finally letting go of the alums. I'm so glad season 10 will focus only on the current students. Don't get me wrong, I've been watching this show for 7 years and I love the early seasons, but it seems like the longer a character stays on this show, the more ridiculous and rage-inducing their storylines become. I will, however, really miss Jane and I sympathized greatly with her in the movie. She did NOT deserve what she got... and might I point out that male characters never get nearly as much hate when they cheat. It usually makes them more attractive to the female characters -- and fans.

Oops, I rambled on way longer than I intended. I hope Degrassi goes on forever!
mellifluouscloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
^ The send-offs are terrible for this show. Paige and Marco are no longer friends. Nobody but Peter spoke to Liberty. Alex regressed. Spinner and Emma get married within the span of two days. We never hear if Jimmy's stem cell worked. I guess maybe Ashley and Sean got the best send-offs, but a lot of people expected them to graduate before they left and they didn't.
Wow. I guess writers think life is hard and depressing outside of high school.

Don't be worried, Degrassi fans... I've been out of school for quite some time and I've yet to become a loner, lose all my friends, become a druggie, or have a two day relationship that resulted in marriage. There is hope.

let's talk about the 90's [ ♥ ]
.dEpp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:23 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)

I will, however, really miss Jane and I sympathized greatly with her in the movie. She did NOT deserve what she got... and might I point out that male characters never get nearly as much hate when they cheat. It usually makes them more attractive to the female characters -- and fans.
THANK you. I thought I was the only one who felt like that. Seriously, Craig dicks over Ashley and his black girlfriend and people still love him. Spinner cheated on Darcy, and he hardly got any hate for that, but suddenly Jane does it to him and she's an evil ****. Lolz.
EyeScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

I was surprised a lot of people were saying they never liked Jane and they thought she deserved what she got. What did Jane do wrong before season 9? She's still wicked awesome.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Agreed. Everyone cheats on this show (it seems like it anyways), so all this Jane hate seems irrational.

I liked Jane... she seems like someone I'd hang out with in real life. I wouldn't be able to tolerate half the other characters on the show (even though I love watching their drama... )

let's talk about the 90's [ ♥ ]
.dEpp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, Jane would make a great bud. A lot of the other characters would be just plain annoying in real life even though they're fun to watch.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellifluouscloud (View Post)
Don't get me wrong, I've been watching this show for 7 years and I love the early seasons, but it seems like the longer a character stays on this show, the more ridiculous and rage-inducing their storylines become.
Exactly. I completely agree with this.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:02 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by .dEpp. (View Post)
Don't be worried, Degrassi fans... I've been out of school for quite some time and I've yet to become a loner, lose all my friends, become a druggie, or have a two day relationship that resulted in marriage. There is hope.

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Everyone cheats on this show (it seems like it anyways), so all this Jane hate seems irrational.
Ok, this is why I've shipped so few couples on Degrassi. It's pointless, because they are in fact teenagers in major screw-ups, learning about life. I don't hate Jane per say, but I hate what she did and that she lied to Spinner. But I've hated every other character's similar actions with the exception of Craig. And that was only because his failures were too fun to watch. I was addicted to his ever-going train wreck.

No one pairing on this show prior to season nine has been end-game material. And I certainly couldn't imagine any of them, even now, in a viable, healthy, marriage in the future sans, (possibly), Declan and Holly J.

I'm veering off here some, but what I want to make clear is yes I'm hard on Jane, but I was hard on most other characters who generally did the same things. That's a matter of fact.

Yes Spin cheated before, but he didn't cheat with Jane and that's the point. He actually learned from his mistakes and grew in maturity.

Quote:
The send-offs are terrible for this show. Paige and Marco are no longer friends. Nobody but Peter spoke to Liberty. Alex regressed. Spinner and Emma get married within the span of two days. We never hear if Jimmy's stem cell worked. I guess maybe Ashley and Sean got the best send-offs, but a lot of people expected them to graduate before they left and they didn't.
I completely agree about Jimmy, and getting to see all our Degrassi members graduate. And of course that Liberty should of interacted with other characters in DTM. But I was fine with Paige and Marco's ending.

All sunshine and kisses endings don't really work for me. Just take a look at the original Degrassi ender, and movie, "School's Out". There was major cheating, drunk-driving, death, friendships falling out, an abortion. It was filled with major drama, but it was all in context. And I think the breaking away between Paige and Marco was in context. She needed a reality check. He needed to be firm, or else they'd be going in circles with their relationship.
Russian Doll ∫ Atypical ∫ Flash ∫ Legends of Tomorrow ∫ Schitt's Creek ∫ Sex Education ∫ Degrassi ∫ Good Trouble ∫ Jane the Virgin ∫ The Good Place ∫ You ∫ The Affair ∫ 13 Reasons Why ∫ Stranger Things ∫ Handmaid's Tale ∫ Trinkets
@ Tumblr | @ Web *Icon by Static Waves
lasha4god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, but that wasn't the last time we saw Joey, Caitlin, Wheels, Lucy, etc. So I think fans have the right to say they didn't like this or that until we see Jimmy, Paige, etc. again. Plus there was a sense of closure in certain respects. Not all of the characters on TNG were given that.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
But THANK GOD the writers (and hopefully fans) are finally letting go of the alums. I'm so glad season 10 will focus only on the current students. Don't get me wrong, I've been watching this show for 7 years and I love the early seasons, but it seems like the longer a character stays on this show, the more ridiculous and rage-inducing their storylines become.
By season 8, I was ready to say goodbye to the alumni. Despite what a lot of people think I think seasons 5-7 were a low period for the show (5 being the worst and 7 showing signs of improvement) because by that time they were clearly running out of stuff for them do and the college stuff made the show very haphazard, like watching two shows. Not to mention the school itself became secondary. Everyone always hates change, but by season 8 it was clear that it was necessary.

And yes, I still feel for Jane. I wish they kept the actress for just this one season, they could've had Jane decide to take a semester off before going off to university.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)

All sunshine and kisses endings don't really work for me. Just take a look at the original Degrassi ender, and movie, "School's Out". There was major cheating, drunk-driving, death, friendships falling out, an abortion. It was filled with major drama, but it was all in context. And I think the breaking away between Paige and Marco was in context. She needed a reality check. He needed to be firm, or else they'd be going in circles with their relationship.
Personally I loved the School's Out ending for the old characters. There was a definite sense of closure, while at the same time still leaving a few questions unanswered. Joey & Caitlin especially got such a good ending, with them broken up but still having some respect for one another - it felt like a realistic high school relationship for me.

My problem with the TNG gen 1 ending(s) wasnt so much about the fact that they were sad endings or the legendary couples didn't end up together. It was more that their endings often were bizarre and not at all satisfying from a fan's POV. Emma marries some guy she barely even knows. Manny goes off to be a Hollywood star. And as for Paige and Marco - their ending was based on a completely unrealistic scenario that involved Paige getting the lead in a major motion picture. it's just hard for me to take the whole situation seriously.