Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpackfan2010 (View Post)
what is the drinking age in ontario,canada? because obviously spinner and emma were old enough to buy their own drinks, and I dont think either one of them is 21-though spinner might be, im not sure.
It's 19 in Canada
Kathryn_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
Me too! Jane was such a woe-is-me, she deserved everything she got. She cheated on God Spinner. Not cool, missy.
I lost all respect for her when she cheated on Spin. He's amazing, no one should cheat on him.

Weirdly that's when I started liking Declan.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

So, I read everything on this board before I saw the movie, and I was kind of expecting it to be bad because I didn't think I would like Spinner and Emma together. I was actually surprised because I kind of liked it in the movie! lol I mean it was kinda weird cuz they had like no interaction in their 9 seasons together but what the hey. It kinda works. hahaha

Oh gosh I didn't feel bad for Jane at all. Her cheating on Spinner was what made me stop liking her and I'm glad Spinner finally found out. And Jane not making it in the band was kinda like karma lol She deserved everything she got.

I pretty much loved everything that dealt with Declan/Fiona/Holly J. The strawberry skipping scene was my favorite part of the whole movie! Lol

Anyways, the movie was a lot better than I expected it to be.
Janah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:17 PM
Loyal Fan

I have mixed feelings on the movie when I watched it last night.

Jane I think got what she deserved. I love Spin he is one of my favorites, and he deserved better then someone who cheated on him. So I liked he did not stay with her or end up with her at t the end of movie.

As for Spinner and Emma, it ruined it all for me. It was out of character for Spinner and Emma to get married like that, to even be a couple. They never really interacted in the past and were not friends. So I dont' get how they went from talking only a few times to saying they love each other. It would of made more sense if it was Paige, he married. They have history and had more chemistry then him and Emma. All in all I did not like it.

I did enjoy the Declan and Holly J parts, and mix that in with Fiona it was the best parts of the whole movie.

Damon::"You should have met me in 1864. You would have liked me."Elena:"I like you now...just the way you are." And then she kissed him.
AFatalistTillTheEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

This movie owned DGH! Better characters, pairings, plot lines, better everything!

Seeing Johnny and Danny for the last time was sweet. I'm going to miss them in a way.

Declan/Holly J./Fiona owned this movie. I loved how everything seemed to be okay once they got there, but reality set in and Fiona couldn't take it. I completely understand why she was jealous. Declan is her brother and they've been together since they came into existence. However, it isn't wrong of him to have a significant other. I'm glad she learned that.

The movie was loaded with Declan/HJ moments, which I loved. They're such a strong couple, and I hope they continue to be. The Declan/Fiona bits were great too. Especially the confrontation scene. Landon/Annie were amazing in it. The kiss might be controversial, but having attachment issues has never been addressed in that kind of light on this show. Although Fiona went to therapy, I'm interested to see if it will be brought up again. I also loved the hug at the end with her mom.

I'm glad the love square was resolved. I hate how Spinner found out though. It's a shame he had to overhear them talking about it like it. I suppose it's better that he found out for himself though. He had a right to be mad at Jane, and in the end things were resolved. I think it's the best for them both, even though I still don't understand why Jane had to be butchered like that. I'm glad he punched Declan because he deserved it. It's a shame because they probably could have been friends. He shouldn't have yelled at HJ though. She was just trying to help. It's great that HJ could be there for Jane even after her boyfriend got punched in the face. Now that's a true friend.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Aw, I don't like all the mean Jane comments. I don't think her character was derailed in any sort of way, the schism in the relationship was present from the beginning and if she didn't cheat, they would've broken up anyway.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Master Fan

I still like Jane.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJ (View Post)
Aw, I don't like all the mean Jane comments. I don't think her character was derailed in any sort of way, the schism in the relationship was present from the beginning and if she didn't cheat, they would've broken up anyway.
Honestly I never really liked Jane. I didn't dislike her... but I sort of started to after the Declan thing. Or it might have been when she joined the band.

She had good lines and stuff but her character bored me. I have no idea why.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

They should have never made Jane/Manny become friends. In the end, they're fighting and it was ridiculous. Uh...guys, what happened to the Facebook thing?

I can't believe Declan/Jane slept together though. And HJ didn't seem to care.

Loved the Drake mention. Go Drizzy! I loved the music too.

The Fiona/HJ rivalry totally heated up in the movie. I loved it! I think their rivalry is right up there with Paige vs. Manny. I'm glad they're going to try and be friends for Declan's sake though.

I was glad to see Liberty one last time. It's a shame they had to disrespect Jake Goldsbie like that though. It's fair. They couldn't even put him in the season 6 and 7 opening after he stuck around. So ah well to them.

Spinner/Emma was ridiculous. I loved them as a UC and always thought they had potential, but after all those years...no. Just no. Sorry writers! I mean, the moments were kind of cute, but it was all so random. Plus, I like the idea of Sean/Emma/Jay/Manny more anyway.

Spinner and Jane moving on so quickly was highly ridiculous. And besides being in a band that HJ later had to interview, what was the point of Jane joining another band and hooking up with that guy?

Why did The Dot have to blow up again? How sad.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 PM
Absolute Fan

There were a few parts of the movie I liked, but I mostly hated it.

Even though I LOVE Spinner/Jane and they were my favorite Spinner ship, I am glad they did continue on the storyline and Spinner was able to find out about her cheating. I was kind of hoping they would get back together though. IMO they were one of the more realistic couples on the show. But I am glad he did forgive her and they had a nice goodbye to each other. It was so sad though.

I think the whole Spinner/Emma marriage thing is the worst thing to ever happen to the show! I always loved both of the characters but for them to say they are "in love" after a drunken hookup and marriage and to stay married is the worst send off they could have given to both characters! And to have the parents all approve was absolutely ridiculous. Everything about this storyline was just so ridiculous.
LidelKewte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I didn't like that either. Neither Snake nor Spike objecting? Yeah, that's not believable at all. And Jay/Manny? Wow. Hey, I guess Manny and Emma can compare notes on their exes even more now.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:58 AM
Master Fan

I totally forgot about the Manny/Jane being friends, and Manny knew about Declan. IDK if she knew about the sneaking around, but she knew about it, and she even was supportive of Jane dumping Spinner for Declan. So I wonder why that didn't come out.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:25 AM
Total Fan

The Manny thing was ridiculous - she openly encouraged Jane to cheat, if anything she convinced Jane it was a good idea! But now she gets all judgey and preachy. That just showed me Manny never grew up. I'm sad to say this, because Cassie Steele is amazing in every way, but I'm glad Manny's not returning.

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalalove (View Post)
Yeah, I didn't like that either. Neither Snake nor Spike objecting? Yeah, that's not believable at all. And Jay/Manny? Wow. Hey, I guess Manny and Emma can compare notes on their exes even more now.
It really is gross. Sexual relations with each other's love interests. Ick.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

I know it's maddening, but they probably forgot about Manny's involvement in the whole Jane/Declan situation.

It's cool that they've known each other for like fifteen years or whatever, but if it was the real world, Emma/Manny wouldn't be friends anymore. There's no way. Not after sleeping with/dating/crushing on four of the same guys.
Reply   Post New Thread