Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Not after sleeping with/dating/crushing on four of the same guys
So there was Craig, Kelly, Jay, Spinner... was there someone else, too? I swear I'm missing one?

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
ShineSoBright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Damien.

icon
Mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Extreme Fan

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Degrassi never went to Manhattan. Spinner and Emma never got married! Ha. You guys are hilarious.

(currently in denial. Please stay tuned for when I reach the anger stage.)

let's talk about the 90's [ ♥ ]
.dEpp. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Damien.
Oh yes, thanks for reminding me And also Peter!

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Yeah I hate Spemma just as much as you guys. But compared to other shows that shall remain nameless my fan outrage is minimal. So overall I still love Degrassi - I just hate their movies and grad storylines. lol. The good thing is that that seems to be over at least and they are just focusing on real stories about the school now. That's the real Degrassi to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .dEpp. (View Post)
I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Degrassi never went to Manhattan. Spinner and Emma never got married! Ha. You guys are hilarious.

(currently in denial. Please stay tuned for when I reach the anger stage.)
I love this.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
Damien.
Yeah, I forgot about that snake. And I was wondering if Peter could count.
vivalalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think Peter counts. I know Manny didn't like him but he did see/record her topless hahaha
Janah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I mean... how gross. Manny was with Jay after Emma, but Emma hooked up with Damien/Spinner after Manny.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I think Emma and Manny secretly hate each other... which is why Manny didn't try to stop the wedding. She knows it'll end in a disaster... and she's waiting for it to happen

But seriously, if my bestie and I treated each other that way, we would've parted ways a long, long time ago.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:03 AM
Total Fan

I bet she just wants to be closer to Spin - and who can blame her? She'll encourage them to live happily ever after then be his bit on the side. Emma will find out and to get revenge start earning bracelets from Jay again. What a mess!

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 07-22-2010, 02:18 AM
New Fan

Dear Lord.

I felt really bad for Jane, mostly because I know what it's like to have something come back and bite you in the ass like that so long after it's over and done with. I knew they would break up, just because they'd been together since season 7 and Jane all of a sudden wanted to go to school in California, and I'm glad the cheating thing didn't get swept under the rug altogether, but still - Spinner slept with Paige while he and Darcy were together, and she took him back in the end. I guess he forgot about that.

I liked the Holly J/Declan/Fiona storyline. The show has been dropping little incest hints ever since Fiona and Declan were introduced lol. And I found it impossible to hate Fiona for some reason (probably because she strongly reminds me of Ellie). She's a very well-done character. I'm looking forward to her upcoming storylines. Holly J locking her in the copy room was funny though. Vintage Sinclair.

Spinner/Emma... jesus. No. I could have swallowed it, except for the fact that the writers made it so completely impossible to do so. Spinner wasn't even at the "moving in" stage with Jane, and that was after almost 3 seasons. But all of a sudden he's going to marry a girl he really barely knows? I understand the drunken Niagara Falls wedding, but not the farce that followed it. I have a very hard time believing that they have any love for each other whatsoever. Spinner is probably rebounding majorly, and Emma... I've never understood what the hell is going on inside Emma's head. Their personality types are not compatible even a little bit (and it was very OOC of Emma to even consider going through with the wedding in the first place) and I really think that their marriage is destined to fail on an epic scale. I just hope that it does so on-screen.

What was more disturbing to me, though, was the way every character on the show seemed to swallow it effortlessly... even Jane, eventually. I mean, come on. Really? Spike? Just a few episodes ago you were warning your daughter against "going to extremes for a guy." Well, look what she's doing now. No parents in their right mind would condone this. I have a feeling Snake and Spike just decided to give up and go with whatever crazy whim Emma gets in her head from now on, since she apparently can't be stopped.

And I hated how once Emma came into the picture, everyone started treating Jane like some kind of pariah, even though a few days ago she and Spinner were still together and she was on good terms with most of them. I honestly feel like somewhere in between Spane breaking up and Spemma's final wedding ceremony, the movie somehow jumped ahead by a year without anyone noticing... that's honestly the only way I can think about it without getting a headache. arg.

Some funny things:

-Jane: "I need to make sure you don't hire some bimbo" *Emma walks in*
-Jay's facial hair
-Declan's facial expressions during the strawberry scene
-manny trying to fight Jane (I agree that she would have gotten her ass kicked)
-The Dot exploding
-The lame foreshadowing attempt with manny reading the bridal magazine.
-Every piece of dialogue exchanged by Spinner and Emma
-"You sure you're okay with checking 'divorced' every time you enter a contest?"

Last edited by EyeScream; 07-22-2010 at 02:56 AM Reason: Spelling errors
EyeScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Extreme Fan

That seems to be the problem most people have. You don't drop the l-bomb after one good conversation, and you definitely don't follow it up with "forever". And the whole "what is Jane doing here?!?" thing... ugh. Gee, I dunno... they've only been dating steadily for years. How long have you guys been together again?

...I think I've hit my anger stage.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
...I think I've hit my anger stage.
Embrace it!

Annie & Mitchell
C l a i r e
Old 07-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I've embraced it. I think I'll be in this stage for a while... hopefully I won't linger in the "bargaining" or "depression" stage for too long. I tend to eat when I'm depressed, and I totally need to lose 10 pounds.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think Emma and Manny secretly hate each other... which is why Manny didn't try to stop the wedding. She knows it'll end in a disaster... and she's waiting for it to happen
Besides, since Emma's such a prude... Manny can have Jay/Spinner all to herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineSoBright23 (View Post)
I bet she just wants to be closer to Spin - and who can blame her? She'll encourage them to live happily ever after then be his bit on the side. Emma will find out and to get revenge start earning bracelets from Jay again. What a mess!
Another love square anyone?

Don't let Spinner/Emma get you down. They're totally not worth it as a couple.
Reply   Post New Thread