View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Oh-Canada
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasha4god (View Post)

All sunshine and kisses endings don't really work for me. Just take a look at the original Degrassi ender, and movie, "School's Out". There was major cheating, drunk-driving, death, friendships falling out, an abortion. It was filled with major drama, but it was all in context. And I think the breaking away between Paige and Marco was in context. She needed a reality check. He needed to be firm, or else they'd be going in circles with their relationship.
Personally I loved the School's Out ending for the old characters. There was a definite sense of closure, while at the same time still leaving a few questions unanswered. Joey & Caitlin especially got such a good ending, with them broken up but still having some respect for one another - it felt like a realistic high school relationship for me.

My problem with the TNG gen 1 ending(s) wasnt so much about the fact that they were sad endings or the legendary couples didn't end up together. It was more that their endings often were bizarre and not at all satisfying from a fan's POV. Emma marries some guy she barely even knows. Manny goes off to be a Hollywood star. And as for Paige and Marco - their ending was based on a completely unrealistic scenario that involved Paige getting the lead in a major motion picture. it's just hard for me to take the whole situation seriously.