Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2019, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holidays always mess with my perception of time

How come you have so many thunderstorms, Mark?
And sorry, no, I am more a TV series kinda gal

And ever since I found out that one of the guys on Riverdale played Ross' son, I cannot "unsee" it... he still looks so much like that little boy

I am glad your kitty is doing better, Leanne!

And I also watched the first episodees of Black Summer... not sure what to think

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-18-2019, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it’s amazing when people who started “acting” as babies on tv shows can end up still doing it as adults later. Cause usually babies don’t end up choosing that route!

Ugh, I walked into work and saw my coworker is still doing my job as in cataloguing and labelling books even after the union supposedly talked to her. I didn’t even say anything and neither did she about it.... and she calls me passive agreessive? so now I’ll have to contact and tell my union rep it’s still happening with her... it’s all I can do. But it’s frustrating to be quiet about seeing someone else do my work.

Yeah, well so far, Black Summer is keeping my attention with the action. The Walking Dead snow ended up being about survivalism and stuff when my thing is more about the suspense of avoiding zombies and seeing zombies
Old 04-18-2019, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, survivalism is one thing but there are always scenes that make me cringe in TWD
I love that show Especially since it shows that in the end it's always humans who are the worst monsters... and it shows that anyone can be capable of anything. No one is just a hero one people would like to identify with... there is always something.

I can't believe your coworker is STILL doing that! I'm starting to question her mental capabilities...

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-18-2019, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sorry to hear that, Leanne. I guess you keep on fighting to get her to stop.

We all went swimming today. I was watching stuff about American child pageants too. Which was interesting.

I hope you got some rest, Kia.

It's so warm today I've been walking around with short sleeves!

I feel a bit like that Mark. With the kids at home right now, it seems like every day is the same.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got a bit of a sunburn
Lovely weather

Sounds like you had a nice day with your family

I find child pageants deeply disturbing. There is something profoundly wrong with adults who dress up little girls like dolls... or worse

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-18-2019, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

We’ve just had an awful amount of storms and rain this year it’s weird

I get people not liking TWD because it focuses more about the survivalism and the society falling/fellow human is more dangerous than zombies aspect but the source material was geared towards the humans vs humans thing either way so, I dunno

Black Summer is a sort of prequel to Z-Natioon which I had no idea about until the other night

Finally got to see Pet Sematary and ohh :shiver: it was so creepy and suspenseful
Old 04-18-2019, 10:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I plan to see the new Pet Semetary film when it’s on streaming! I have mixed feelings about the original.. that one felt like a made for TV movie quality, and I liked the performance of the toddler who played Gage, but couldn’t stand the awful acting of the twins that played Ellie.

It’s pouring rain all evening, that I kept off my tv mostly and just relaxed from my last work day listening to the sound of it.

I was surprisingly zen considering my coworker is still doing my job.

Claire, your day sounds lovely with the warm weather and swimming! I think American girl pageants are gross and gives the wrong message to those very young girl children and the parents are trying to live vicariously through their daughters on the most superficial parts of being human. It’s mostly a big Southern States thing.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't like how one woman felt forced to lie on a tanning bed for 20 minutes three times a week at the age of 3. It is a weird thing to want to dress toddlers and young girls up like that. One girl who'd been doing it all her life, was singing on stage as a teenager, but sounded like a strangled cat!

Well at least you have a long weekend now, Leanne.

I went clothes shopping with my daughter this morning. This afternoon my parents in law are taking us out for a meal.

I've turned the heating off, Kia.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that is bad for a child’s skin for her future! Stupid mothers!

mostly those girls aren’t actually talented, but imitate the parents who are doing the moves out in the audience. What’s appealing about little girls with make up, wigs and revealing clothes on their infant bodies.

Oooh, what did you have for your dinner and what clothes did you get yourself.. I’m feeling girly enough to discuss your new clothes. (That can’t be a sign of the med working though, )

Yeah the kids are gone today so it’s been a quiet home days I even slept in cause no one was home this morning.

I’m just watching Bones and making coffee. And I think my cat likes the smell cause whenever I sit down with a cup he hops up on the ledge to get petted and he’s all close to my mug!
Old 04-19-2019, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

The new one was amazing and yeah it puts the original to shame which honestly isn’t hard to do because like you said it felt made for TV. It’s the complete opposite in this one, the kid actress that plays Rllie is AMAZInG especially after “that” scene. You can’t really blame Gage in this movie because the actor is a toddler and really is limited anyways

It’s friday! So glad the weekend is here
Old 04-20-2019, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^And a long weekend too!

I bought myself new trousers Leanne. I ruined a pair cycling the other day. They look good and are comfortable.

Been taking it easy today. I feel super anxious. I've been watching a sitcom about Shakespeare called Upstart Crow, it's very funny!

Last edited by Meliana; 04-20-2019 at 12:24 PM
Old 04-20-2019, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys!
I hope you're all having a good weekend.
I had two lovely days with my mom.
Back home now procrastinating avoiding my dek
I did some cycling today and en route did shopping and picked up some packets. 16 km... not bad
It was a hot day again. Lovely weather. Did some reading in a park and now I am back home and basically all I did was cook and bake and make a mess of the kitchen...
Sometimes I'm losing patience with myself...
And funny you should mention Z Nation. Watching the new eps ATM.
I enjoy how weird and humorous it is
The Walking Dead I watch and think about where I hide when zombie apocalypse starts, Z Nation is just fun to watch....

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-20-2019, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Hope you’re having a good weekend too!

It’s so windy outside so I’m inside binge watching Xfiles
Old 04-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like you guys are having awesome days.

Mark, we had lightening the other day that blew transformers all over the place, the fire alarms in here went off for an hour. I'd just gotten back inside. Never seen that before. I hope the storms aren't getting too violent there. I've never seen that amount of rain either. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Leanne, so glad your kitty is okay. I'm also glad you're doing okay despite the woman you work with. It sounds like you're enjoying your day, too.

Claire, oh man-I'm jealous of the swimming. Your new pants sound really good for you, I'm glad you got them. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I know it's already morning there. Have a great year.

Kia, so jealous of your weather. It was 80 here the other day, now 37. It also sounds like you're having a great time. I'm glad. Also glad you got to spend time with your mom.

The Easter bunny came here yesterday! We each took a picture with him. We had an Easter party, too. Today we dyed eggs.

My roommate has to allow me to turn on her TV when I want to watch something. Then today she stole my shampoo-when she has lots of her own. They are going to put locks on all of my storage stuff.

Kim
Old 04-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi Kim I have a mouthful of chocolate yep, it’s Easter! that sounds like fun that the Easter bunny came plus you got to dye eggs there!

Well, if they are going to force you to room with a kleptomaniac then they need to give you a couple of storage safes to lock up your stuff, not keep having your stuff stolen. So do you confront her or just let it go?

Claire! Hope you get a great birthday dinner and a good day of things you want to do and have some cool gifts! that’s too bad your trousers got damaged by biking but glad you got the new pair that look good on you

Your day sounds so nice and busy, Kia! If I was in a zombie apocalypse I’d probably die in about two hours after it starts

Mark, that sounds like a good way to spend a weekend day!