Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2019, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those fire fighters are heroes. Last night it wasn't certain the building would even be there this morning!

We've been out on a family trip to a forest, and hired bikes and cycled around. My son was finding it really hard at first, He found it really hard to learn to cycle and hasn't done it for a while. Still he eventually got the hang of it again. I'm really saddle-sore now: those hired bikes don't have comfortable seats!

I hope it does warm up, Mark. We're supposed to be getting up to 20C this weekend so should be nice.

Not seen that one Kia.

It's not as bad as that, Leanne.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I just have protectiveness over things that hold so much history and how many different types of people in different times walked in the same place to have it gone!! Glad the outerface is still there and alot of the treasures in it were salvaged though!

Kia, I haven't read it, is it an autobiography or a fiction?

Claire, yeah, some people have more trouble getting used to cycling on a bike and it is a work out on legs. I agree some bike seats are quite uncomfortable!! Hope you had fun though, gliding on a bike feeling the air breeze past is pleasurable.

Hope the thunderstorms weren't too catastrophic.

Miss you, Kim
Old 04-16-2019, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I had to check. I wasn't sure, but no, no autobiograohy.
This is the blurb...
Spoiler:

I wanted to finish it, but I realized I had to get some more work done. So I finished some of it (the worst part is still to come though... dreading it), then I bought some more plants for my balcony and planted them and I bought a new handheld electic mixer since I pretty much destroyed mine this morning when I made bread. It was older than me though so it has had a long life

The trip sounds nice, Claire! I remember those seats from when I was in Nice. I decided then and there I would bring my own bike the next time

We're supposed to get sunny and warm Easter weekend here as well

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-16-2019, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds like an interesting subject!

Wow, they sure don't make things like they used to. My parent's appliances were sometimes from my grandparents and they could still run for 30 + years and now the things I buy seem to break down in 5 years of use! Great you got that much life out of the handmixer!! Good luck with that next one you buy.

Do you have greenery outside your windows or is that why you add plants to your balcony so you have that scene?

Hope your dread work ends quickly or without too much frustration.

I have to take my cat to the vet afterwork. I'm a bit nervous that he's allergic to the ear gel and the only other option will be to pill him twice a day which I don't see how I can do that alone and when he never let's me touch or open his mouth!!
Old 04-16-2019, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe you could crush the pill and put it in his food?

And that old handmixer kinda still works, but it looks and smells like a fire hazard It's definitely older than me though.
But this planned obsolescence of stuff really makes me angry. It doesn't just cost us money, it litters up our planet!

And the new one had better be good for at least 20 years. Such an expensive kitchen toy... but I needed a good one. I bake bread a lot now that I only eat gluten-free

I have a garden right outside with trees,, but I like having plants on my balcony I added lots of herbs again and some strawberries, tomatoes and peppers, and a few bee-friendly flowers

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah, maybe if he's not too smart about realizing there is a crushed bitter pill in there. And as long as its not a time release type. I'll see what the vet will say. Cause he's been throwing up daily and also scratching his ears so much he has some scabs and cut his ear too!

Yeah, I usually save my stuff til it falls apart. Like the soles of my shoes have to have a hole or detach before I chuck it. And I keep my ipads and computer for as long as I can and I still have my car from 2003.

That's nice to have, but hopefully not too many bees come into you place. I've never been stung yet so I don't want to have a first time!
Old 04-16-2019, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, that sounds like an awesome day for you guys. I'm happy you got to go.

Kia, your garden on the patio sounds great.

Leanne, miss you too. I agree with Kia, try crushing the pill and putting it in his food.

Mark, it's going to be near 80 degrees here tomorrow. I hope the weather chills out for you.

So, I don't really have anything to say at the moment. Mostly one sentence to say.

My thief roommate took my new shower gel, and packed it with her stuff to take home for a week-meaning none for me the next 3 showers, and that she'd never bring it back.

She also took the cable remote (only her TV has a cable box right now-until they finally get me one) and got our other roommate to hide it in her room, off to the side. She's a kleptomaniac and compulsive liar.

I honestly thought Notre Dame was only in a book, and the name of a football team.

I'm glad to read you guys have some good things going on, and are doing okay.

Kim
Old 04-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone Hope you had a good day!

It was finally warm out today we have about 15 acres of property so I was getting ready for this summer and ended up stumbling on about 6 deer that were camouflaged from the weeds I love having them but they almost have me a heart attack

Kim your roommate sounds like a nightmare I don’t think I could deal with that!

Old 04-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

sorry you got scared, Mark! That's nice to have nature close like that as long as they don't attack you or eat your garden veggies or plants, etc.

Kim, she sounds like a mental case. I'd be afraid I'd end up throttling her and having a violent incident if she went one straw too far. You have patience to not throttle yet!! Too bad you cant switch roommates. I bet everyone else already knew about her and gave the new person (you) her. She shouldn't be allowed to room with anyone but I bet maybe she does it so she could end up not having any roomates or something!!

Almost time to go and then try to make my cat go into the carrier. He only willingly walks into it when its meant to go home, not to leave home
Old 04-16-2019, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the trip to the vets went well, Leanne.

She does sound like a real problem, Kim. She does sound like she has mental health issues. But as Leanne says she shouldn't be sharing a room with anyone. I wish there was a solution to this for you.

I hope it wasn't too shocking, Mark. The deer around here have a habit of suddenly running across roads, which can be really freaky!

I think appliances are made with so many technological components, that they fail far too quick this days. The manufacturers are rubbing their hands in glee making us buy things more frequently.

I looked at buying some plants the other day, but I'm nervous about the possibility of a future frost. Still I'm watering the grass seed everyday.

Seeing as I'm sore sitting down perhaps gardening is the thing to do today, though...
Old 04-17-2019, 01:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, bees are usually not aggressive and the poor things are dying because of all the pesticides
It's really warm again so I put it all outside to enjoy the sun I hope I can leave it there. Fingers crossed we're past overnight sub-zero

And you sound very frugal. That's awesome! I try to be too.

Kim, your living situation would probably have me explode. And I am a peace-loving person.
I hope you can get your own place soon

Leanne, I think you give Kim's roommate too much credit I don't think she is that smart or thinking that far ahead. She's just a ******* *******. And I would like to throttle her too Wait, did I just say that out loud?

Claire, sorry you're still sore! :hug; And I wasn't kidding. I saw a program about how things are made in a way to fall apart exactly when warranty ends. It's not the many components. Its them being greedy. Though in my naive and people-loving mind (with the exception of those I want to throttle obviously) I think it can't be everyone and people must have noticed that we want more earth-conscious production.
I'm loving the Fridays for Future protests. BTW I just read about the Extinction Rebellion people. I don't know how this bit of news went past me.
They sound a bit more radical than the school kids.

Mark, you have deer on your property? That sounds soooo awesome!
I am very jealous... but that's the thing... I can't have it all at once.
You know, tram station practically in front of the house, forest,mountains, beach and inner city nearby, horses in the garden, no traffic, lots of cafes and restaurants, and easily accessible motorways which I can use with my solar-powered batmobile

A girl can dream

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, now I have to stop the ear gel to see if he gets back to normal to know if it was an allergy. Now I have to give him half an anti-nausea pill and a syringe of steroid to get rid of his itching for about 4 days. I think I might give him the expensive radioactive cure so then we don’t have to do medication all his life. We’ll see. He totally threw up after the vet gave him the meds there so they saw what I’m talking about. Poor guy.

I like your dream of idea, living location Kia

Hope your soreness is going away through the day, Claire did you get any plants?

I’m just working here, got a lot of book processing here and this is the only day this week I’m here at this location. I’m happy that last day of work is Thursday this week
Old 04-17-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw, poor kitty cat!

I got back from physio and I am so DONE with everything for today, just crossing it off my list. I am so sore and I have so little control over my legs... I am utterly useless.

I hope your workday goes by quickly!

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 04-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

My preferred destination is a sunny and warm ocean city like Myrtle Beach but no way could I afford the cost of living

I looked at my phone today and was flabbergasted it was Wednesday anyone else just get zoned out and completely not know which time of the week it is?

T-storms tonight! I don’t mind them sometimes, they actually soothe me quite a bit for some reason

Anyone see any good movies lately? I might go see Us tonight
Old 04-17-2019, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Take it easy, Kia!

I like t-storms too, Mark. But they hardly happen here despite the reputation of raining in BC.

I saw “Us”! It’s enjoyable! It is sort of a dark comedy with some horror. Hope you like it. Trivia: the blonde teenage twins played baby Emma on “Friends”!

Well, I just found a new show to binge watch this long weekend! I just watched the first two episodes of a Netflix show called “Black Summer” about a zombie apocalypse and I haven’t been able to keep my eyes off the screen cause so much action. so now I can’t stop watching. Looking forward to more

Turns out fortunately my cat isn’t being difficult with my trying to pill him and he seems to actually like the syringe medicine! So far, so good, and he hasn’t thrown up since yesterday since getting anti-nausea pills.