Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they killed the big villain early in this season, I think I’m on episode 9 so the killer got killed in episode 6 or 7! And there are still 3 more seasons, so I’m sure another serious villain will arise before this show ends

Is “While You Were Sleeping” a comedy? “Breakfast Club” is good, I really like the library the movie is set in... that would be a great place to work visually! My dad called the movie “The After School Gang” once when he saw me watching it so now it’s an alternate title when I hear of this movie

So tomorrow you’re getting a toaster oven and a lap tray?

Last edited by reason to believe; 03-30-2018 at 08:22 PM
Old 03-30-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those serious killers always come along. They show up on Criminal Minds, too.

Well, it's sort of a comedy/drama/romance. The first time I saw it was with a really sweet guy.

I saw the Breakfast Club when it first came out. I used to have the soundtrack. I like all the songs.

The library is cool. I can't remember which school it was filmed in. That was a long time ago.

No. It will be too crowded with last minute Easter shopping for gifts, so I'll go next week some time. I have to go to Walgreen's tomorrow. Walmart doesn't carry those lap trays-it's a very small store.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There was a big killer before this big killer too. and I noticed this season, Bones is getting more gross visually then ever, like I’m actually getting grossed out and cringing and I don’t even care when I watch actual horror movies, I’m surprised they could get so gross on normal tv

I was too young to watch Breakfast Club when it came out. I didn’t even get to see the Goonies or Back to the Future either til it was on VHS. My parents only took me to actual kids movies like “One Magic Christmas” and we didn’t go to movies all that often in general. But that’s the only film I can remember seeing in the theatre in 1985 at the moment! Oh yeah, also I saw Follow That Bird which was kind of too young for me!

I thought the library in that film was an actual set, not in the school.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All crime shows like that get more gross as the seasons go on. It's like it's all for shock value. Horror movies, for me, are different because I know they're horror.

We always saw Disney movies in the theater as kids, but once I was about 12, I saw Ice Castles, Grease, Star Wars... Grease was "shocking" back then. Was "Follow That Bird" Big Bird?

I am pretty sure they filmed in a school-but it's been a while. Okay, I checked-it was in a real school.

I had such a crush on Judd Nelson back then.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that was the first Sesame Street theatrical movie. It did have some adult humour though in that movie so the older folks wouldn’t be totally bored

I guess the first non kid movie I got to see in the theatre was “Batman”, it was kinda dark for the time. Loved it cause of that
I almost got my mom to take me to see “The Lost Boys” in the theatre but for some reason we went to another film last minute, I’m sure my Mom would have hated The Lost Boys I was actually watching worse horror movies at home at a younger age than the movie theatre. I watched The Omen and “Don’t Look Now” with Donald Sutherland and such, a lot of real horror movies as young as 8.

In 1985, I liked who everyone else did, Michael J, Fox

Last edited by reason to believe; 03-30-2018 at 09:15 PM
Old 03-30-2018, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, they had to amuse the adults who took their children to see it. It's like Disney movies, which have a lot of adult innuendo in them.

Batman was dark. I loved Jack Nicholson as the Joker though. And I really love the soundtrack. The Lost Boys was awesome. Yeah, horror movies that young, and parents not knowing had to be fun.

I always hated MJF. I don't know why. He's one of those guys who creeped me out. I guess, for you, from Back to the Future, or the TV show Family Ties?

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My mom actually rented me “The Howling” when I was 7 cause I was into werewolves after MJ’s Thriller video... but she didn’t seem to realize how graphic it was, including a full frontal nude scene she stood in front of the tv during even now, I like that movie, but I can’t believe my mom allowed me to watch it so young

I liked him on Family Ties, maybe I liked Alex P. Keaton the character. I thought he was good looking but I liked his character on that show.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't believe she did either. I don't really remember when I saw any horror movies. I do know I was 20 before I saw the Exorcist.

I think we have very different tastes in men.

This movie was sad in parts. I would have fit in more with Molly Ringwald's character in this movie. Now I would fit in with Judd Nelson and Ally Sheedy's characters. It's weird-I'm ashamed I was popular in high school.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You were popular in HS like her character? I wasn’t really like any of the characters the closest one is Ally Sheedy’s character, but I still wasn’t quite like that I can say most definitely I was an enigma to my peers!

I think my dad was most dismayed at my first and earliest special interest being horror movies. I was a cute, tiny child who looked so innocent and he wanted a sweet little girl, and I was a cute, sweet looking tomboy who liked horror. I remember buying him a book of horror stories for his birthday... because I wanted to read it and later I bought a book about horror movies with pictures from various ones.. and eventually it went “missing” meaning my dad took it, Well, it didn’t work, I still love horror

Yeah, not sure I don’t talk about my taste in men too often, it’s varied
Old 03-30-2018, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I was. I never ran for prom queen or anything though.

at your dad's attempts to subvert your horror appreciation and love.

As far as I vary is Vin Diesel, and the character Tyr from Andromeda (both muscle men) and then long haired heavy metal bands. At least that's all I can think of, in my differences, at the moment.

Okay Girl, I'm heading to bed. 5 hours of sleep, and I'm still up this late. I will see you tomorrow. Enjoy your jellybeans. Sweet dreams!

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t even go to the prom

Well, for my example with one person/character, my type can either be Christopher Reeve/Superman with the tall, dark, handsome features, or Christopher Reeve/Clark Kent which is still dark haired and tall, but more “adorkable” and awkward shy also, if they are wearing black, big glasses, makes them even more attractive

Or sometimes instead of guys like “Booth”, I already said I can also find guys like “Sweets” attractive too, the unconventional looks! But they all seem to have dark hair, haha

Yeah you are really setting up late these nights when you used to go to bed at 8 pm! I hope you sleep well tonight after all that, goodnight, girlie!

Last edited by reason to believe; 03-30-2018 at 10:25 PM
Old 03-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Proms are something else that have come over from America in recent years, but if I'd had one I probably wouldn't have gone. The first time I got dressed up for a dance was going to a school ball at sixth form college, which they had once every two years. I enjoyed going to balls at my hall of residence at Uni too.

It has actually stopped raining today!

We're going to a sushi restaurant later, I'm a little nervous as I don't usually like that kind of food.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And, here I am again. I guess I won't be going to Walgreen's any time early today.

Leanne, that is a good variety to have. That helps when you're watching different shows and movies.

Claire, I'm glad it stopped raining, and that you're heading out later. Hopefully they'll have something you will find good.

I didn't go to my senior prom. I went to my Junior prom/Ring dance (where we received our class rings).

Are class rings another thing that really go on in the US only?

Kim
Old 03-31-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have no idea what a class ring is, so that's a yes!

I just checked on the Once episode and Netflix is saying we're not getting this episode until Tuesday! But weirdly the following two episodes are coming in on Saturdays again. It's so confusing!

You must be so tired, Kim! I hope you get more sleep. I wonder if staying up late is upsetting your sleep pattern, or is it something else?
Old 03-31-2018, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still up! Kim! You're gonna be so tired in the morning buy some melatonin tomorrow too

Class rings I think are more recent in Canada now. When I was in school, I don't recall class rings. We usually "Class of..." clothing like hoodies, shirts or jackets. since I hated high school, I couldn't have cared less about that stuff.. I did like the yearbooks though. I was actually on the yearbook staff in 10th grade. The only time I did anything extra curricular

I wonder if big black nerd glasses are a fetish. I not know if I dare look it up

Claire, if you don't like sushi, try a "California roll" which has nothing raw fishy in it. Or try a "caterpillar roll" which is mostly avocado without a fish in it.