Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, Hot Cross Buns are a kind of sweet bread, with a very soft dough, and large sweet currants in, and spices, too. Very nice! Over here they don't have icing on them, just a clear glaze. A white dough is piped on the top to make a cross.

Theresa: I'd recommend you see the old town for its shops, you can walk up to the castle or you can take the West Hill Lift which is hidden amongst the shops of the old town. A lot of the castle is missing, but worth a visit anyway I think. You can also take the East Hill Lift to see the park on the other side, the bottom of which is near the fishing huts, and the miniature railway. You can also visit the RNLI lifeboat. There's of course the usual seaside attractions, but it's not got too much of those, which is something I quite like. The shops in the old town have interesting jewellery and items I don't really see elsewhere. There's a lovely shop which sells stones and fossils, too.

I've not tried photoshop, but I'd like to.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Those sound great Claire! Thanks for describing them for me. I've never had currents.

Photoshop-I could not figure out one single thing on there. I had to uninstall it.

I'll stick with Paint Shop Pro for now. All I'm looking for are different frames for avies.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, dinner is in two hours.

I decided to use one of my gift cards and ordered a steak chipotle sandwich and they gave me a chicken chipotle wrap, I swear, I must sound garbled to them when I’m pretty sure I’m speaking clearly. Grrr! I guess a wrap was better though cause it won’t be as filling before dinner.

Aren’t currants similar to raisins?
Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I hope it is fun for you, Kim.

I'm off to bed now. We're driving into London tomorrow to see our friend. It should be good, I've not seen her since Christmas, my husband's been to see her since then, but I've not. She was really supportive of me when I hurt myself, as she did the same thing herself a few years ago. Plus it's so long since I've seen her cats. I got really close to them when they were living here last year.

Yes, Leanne, but I think currants are made from a different kind of grape. They are fatter and juicer than raisins.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, drive thru, again?

I don't know when two hours is. What time did you post that?

Sleep well, Claire. I'm excited for you that you get to see the kitties, and her tomorrow.

There just aren't many free art programs out there.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, of course it was the drive thru, at least it wasn’t my money. And at least I’m not too full for dinner, it’s in 40 minutes from now.

Having fun with the program or did you take a break?

Have fun with your visit, Claire, it sounds very enjoyable!
Old 03-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

and again I say, I don't know when you posted that. What time is dinner? Oh! 7pm my time. My brain is fried today.

Is this Easter dinner, or just dinner, or Good Friday dinner?

Eh, there isn't much more to do on PSP. I got it yesterday, so, I'm already about done with it.

Photoshop was just a mess of stuff I'd never use, and I couldn't find anything on it I would use, so I uninstalled that program shortly after I downloaded it earlier.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To bad, I can’t just drive over and show you stuff on there! I could make it seem easier to use, I’m sure! At least with photoshop I could! What did you want to use it for?

It’s just my family’s main Easter dinner on the night that works for all of us to be there... so this will be it for me this Easter weekend for a family get together... kinda nice, to get it over with, even if that sounds kind of awful to have the rest of the weekend free!

And dinner starts in 10 minutes... so I better get driving over there. I’ll bring my iPad for when I get bored
Old 03-30-2018, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish you could, too. Just to make frames around my avies, and decorate them.

I completely understand wanting to get that done with, and have the rest of the weekend free.

Okay! Have fun! I'll see you later, and maybe when you get home, too.

I just found a TV channel with old shows! It's a new channel here. It has Hazel, Bewitched, The Partridge Family, Maude, Father Knows Best. And some I don't watch, like The Lone Ranger, and The Flying Nun.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I’m here, but parents, two sibs and the kids went down to the “party room” but they will be back, we still need to have pie for dessert. The scalloped potatoes were good and even the ham was good!

There will be leftovers to take home for sure.

My two SIL’s aren’t here, one is sick, the other not sure, she’s pretty late if she’s even coming.

Looks like we will get a bag of Jelly Belly Beans and my brother brought beans that taste gross and he wants to sneak those in as a joke, but he hasn’t actually done it

That’s cool, those are no shows I’ve ever watched. Well, I’ve seen some episodes of Bewitched and Partridge Family.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad the food was good, and looking forward to dessert is a good thing.

Hm, wouldn't everyone just throw away their bags of jellybeans then? Well, they must be clearly different colored, or it would be a huge waste of the real ones? Or, are they in a separate bag? I'm so confused today.

I just watched a couple of my decorating shows I'd recorded. Now I have Live PD on, unless I can find something else to watch. I hate weekends.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, weekend tv is so boring!

My brother bought this box of jellybeans where two identical looking beans where one is good and one is gross flavour. There is a little spin wheel and it will say “berry blue” or “toothpaste” and you have to eat it to find out if you got the good flavour.

So I tried it and both times I ended up with a rotten egg bean and a moldy cheese flavour and spit them both out. No, he didn’t mix them in with the real ones, that would be mean
Old 03-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Fridays are the worst!

You are brave taking that chance. I gag if I taste anything gross.

Okay-I was very confused about it.

Every single time anyone gets pulled over for drunk driving on here, the officer says "How much have you had to drink?" and the answer is always "Two beers".

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

are you telling me a joke? I don’t get it.

I’m home now, just trying to get through season 9 of Bones. I scored like two bags of Jelly Belly beans, 4 chocolate eggs and dinner leftovers.

Tomorrow I need to definitely get more food and maybe go look for a laptop table tray not gonna forget about getting one of those!

Did you have a good dinner?
Old 03-30-2018, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I meant on "Live PD" when I said on here.

They must have killed the serial killer pretty early on in the season-or were you almost already done with season 9?

you scored BIG!!

Keep reminding me I want one of those trays, too.

I didn't eat dinner.

I just finished watching While You Were Sleeping (I forgot how incredibly good it was), and for the moment I have The Breakfast Club on.

Kim