Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2018, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread Kim talking about food is a definite recurring theme here!

On the topic of driving - I started learning about 2 years ago but work got too stressful so I stopped and now I am not learning atm. I want a female instructor as mine wasnt very supportive, as it makes me really anxious. My parents didnt pressure me into it as its a personal thing.

Leanne calamari is one of my favourite things to eat! But Im Chinese, a lot of our food have bones and stuff so it wouldnt phase me

Hey Claire and Kia

Bit of news, Jon and I booked a short trip away next week to Hastings! Its in England, only 2 hrs from here but very touristy, supposed to have lovely views so should be fun. We found a airbnb to stay in and its fairly cheap so excited.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 03-30-2018, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My Monica-cleaning-spree took it''s toll. My leg is a bloody pain in you know where.

Made it to the service on crutches and really enjoyed it. Just had some breakfast.

I skimmed trough the last thread and just want to add. I adore Buffy. Have them all on DVD

Theresa, that sounds like a lovely trip! Don't think I have heard of Hastings though. Need to look it up.

And the more you guys tell me about it the more I think driving tests in Britain are a lot meaner than in Germany. Maybe you should come over and do it here while you're still part of the EU. You could get a European licence.

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-30-2018, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Driving tests are really tough here, Kia, and are more so now since I passed. I'm sorry your leg is bad again, but at least you got to church today.

You need an instructor you get on with for sure, Theresa. My second one was a man but he was lovely! I know plenty of people who tried to learn to drive but never got a licence. It really isn't easy. Do you think you will try again at some point?

I love going to Hastings, I go there a lot! I'm sure you'll have a good time, there are a lot of interesting shops in the old town area.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I'm glad you had a good dinner, and enjoyed some entertainment, and fan fiction. I hope you slept well.

Claire, I'm glad your leg felt better this morning-that's a big deal. Yeah, I have the link example you gave me on a word pad document, so I just pull it up. Did you get your laundry done?

Theresa, it sounds like you and Jon will have fun.

Kia, I'm sorry your leg is hurting. I am glad you got to your service and enjoyed it. That's cool you like Buffy, too. I didn't feel like hunting down the DVD's in the dark. Plus. I'm really lazy.

I hope you all are having a nice Good Friday.

I must be the only one who is more uncomfortable around women instructors and testers.

I was up until 5:30am. No idea why.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I managed to get it all washed before we left. I can finish drying it when I get home.

My brother in law's family have only just arrived, and I've just finished a roast dinner. We had hot cross buns for lunch because the rest of the family were delayed. It was good though as I love hot cross buns!

We also got a new float valve for the toilet, so we can fix it at last.

I had a woman tester I didn't get on with, Kim. More than once too. The lady who passed me didn't normally work in Cambridge, so I was lucky. Everything came together for me that day, despite bad road conditions on that day.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim, you have the DVDs and still paid for the eps?

And I have only had men as instructors and testers. They were really sweet and polite, so I can't complain. I have heard other stories too though.

Claire, sounds like the day is going well! Hot cross buns Do you have a good recipe?

avi by neel luvs tony
Old 03-30-2018, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love them but I've never made any. I have seen them being made I think, and they are not very straightforward.

How is your leg now, Kia?

It's been pouring with rain all day here, not sure if I'll get to run again.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire, how did I not know you were having family there today? I hope you guys are enjoying your meal, and having a good time. Ah, I always believe things fall in like when they're meant to happen.

Kia, yep. That's just how lazy I am. How are you feeling now? Any better? I've always gotten along with men better, in some ways-like, when being tested, or hired for a job.

I don't really cook, so I wouldn't get to have hot cross buns. Are they the sweet treat?

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

As I say I always buy hot cross buns, but they are a sweet treat. Delicious!

I did mention it I'm sure, Kim!

I guess things do happen if they're supposed to.

How are you today?
Old 03-30-2018, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blame it on my lack of sleep. It's never good to go to bed after 5am. I'm 100% sure I forgot.

I'm good. I'm fixing to go figure out how to find space to put my food away. And laundry.

I've been putting everything off.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 11:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've had hot cross buns! they aren't sweet, I think the only sweet part is the icing on top and maybe some currants in them.

Today for dinner we are having ham and scalloped potatoes. I don't like ham, so I'm just looking forward to the potatoes!

Today has been a perfect morning I haven't had for months. The kids slept over elsewhere and my SIL must have gone out cause it's been a perfectly quiet morning that I was able to sleep til 10:30 am or so after a late night. I miss this kind of morning so much!

Kim are you going to sleep today? You must feel dazed with no sleep!
Old 03-30-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, I slept for about 5 hours this morning.

I'm glad you've had a good morning.

I downloaded the trial of Paint Shop Pro, and I can't figure it out at all.

Even the "help" doesn't make sense to me.

Did you have those overseas? They may be different in different places. I'm picturing like cinnamon rolls here.

Kim
Old 03-30-2018, 11:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, in Canada, we are just a little bit still British with food or words or traditions, so we either get those in stores or my mom likes to sometimes bake them.

Oh have fun with experimenting with printshop. I have a full blown Photoshop on my big computer but it's been years since I've used it. So complicated I mostly used pre-set actions for my photos. But I did play and figure out some stuff. It was a fun hobby, too bad I let it go.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
Driving tests are really tough here, Kia, and are more so now since I passed. I'm sorry your leg is bad again, but at least you got to church today.

You need an instructor you get on with for sure, Theresa. My second one was a man but he was lovely! I know plenty of people who tried to learn to drive but never got a licence. It really isn't easy. Do you think you will try again at some point?

I love going to Hastings, I go there a lot! I'm sure you'll have a good time, there are a lot of interesting shops in the old town area.
Anything in Hastings you particularly recommend? It does sound like my kind of place!

I think I will learn again, I just have to get over that hurdle.

Kim Psp is way more complicated than Photoshop I find haha!

Jon and I made burgers today! Really nice and an easy meal.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 03-30-2018, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Leanne, either way, those sound yummy. What time is your family dinner? I like ham, just not often.

Thanks for that tip, Theresa. I'll check online for a free trial of Photoshop. I am using the free trial of PSP. Sounds like you and Jon are already having fun.

Kim