Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I have to work with others unfortunately, but doing my own thing would be the dream
Old 09-15-2021, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi everyone!

I had a good evening, I got to go to choir and sing. It was lovely.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hello Hope everyone's week is going well.

It must be nice to have your quiet days too Leanne Are you enjoying it? I work 4 days now so today is my day off, gives me chance to catch up on chores, tidy and get groceries. Today I went into town and sat by our church, it is some impressive architechture, and has a nice view of the town, it was nice to sit there after some busy days.

It must be great to do things like that again Claire.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Welcome back, Claire and Theresa!

Glad to hear you are allowed to be back to choir, Claire!

Naomi, that’s too bad I guess I have a balance of days where I work with a co-worker but two days a week its just me which is a nice break! I just turn on the TV in the room and play peaceful music videos for ambience!

Theresa, 4 day work week? Lucky, that must be nice. Is still the same kind of job? I’m enjoying my job lately, its good to be back after two months of practically boringness. Getting used to the new city?
Old 09-15-2021, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's good to be back

Its different, not teaching but I am a nursery practitioner, so long hours taking care of the kids in our care but we all get a day off in the week which breaks up the week, its doing good in keeping me refreshed as it is a tiring job. Yes, we love our new city and we are very close to town. Lots of cafes, restaurants and things but for actual shops we have to venture a bit further.
Old 09-16-2021, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad it's a nice place, Theresa. Also it's fun exploring and finding those new and interesting places.

It is good to be back.

It's nice for sure, Leanne. It's great to be able to meet people. We did have meet ups via zoom, but it's not the same when you can't hear everyone else singing.

Our friend is staying for a few days as she has business in London. She moved away, and works remotely most of the time now.

It's good you have days alone, Leanne. I'm sure you prefer it that way.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It is Claire. We've been to a few places around here now. Will probably go up to see Jon's parents tomorrow, they live in the dales.

I am so glad its the weekend, its been a long week!
Old 09-17-2021, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad its the weekend, its pouring rain out and will be this weekend so I have a feeling its going to feel cozy and make me feel good about the fall season!

I wonder how good it is to work remotely compared to having to go into an office daily! Is it fun to have the company, Claire?

Edit: Just noticed that there is a sign on the door of the library facing me at my desk which says "The future of the world is in this library". So does that mean I'm the future of the world? If so, we're in trouble, world. Just a funny thought when I read that.

Last edited by reason to believe; 09-17-2021 at 02:26 PM
Old 09-18-2021, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I think it suits some people, Leanne. But I'm not sure it's good for business in general.

I was sad to see her go, but she will be back in a few weeks. If she ends up having to go into London more often, she might end up paying rent for the room again.

I went with my husband into a local town to meet a friend today. There are so many empty shops now, it's so sad. Still it was very busy there today.

It must be nice to live in the Dales, it's so pretty! I hope the visit went well, Theresa.

A sign to make you think, Leanne!
Old 09-18-2021, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes I would like to work from home but I also really like social interaction And its better for my wellbeing to be social and see people haha. I hated teaching online personally.

Did she used to rent a room at yours Claire?

The visit was lovely! It just so happened that Jon's brother and his kids had gone up to see his parents on the same day and his mum hadn't told us so it turned into a mini reunion! Jon was so happy to have us all together in the same place, I haven't seen his brother or the kids for about 2 years. It was a personal achievement for me too because I usually find impromptu family gatherings quite stressful for my anxiety, but I was confident, chatty, I mingled, and I used to find it really hard, because Jon would go off to talk to his brother and I'd feel out of place, but not today, I did really well. The kids are like 9 and 10 now and were bickering a little so I helped resolve some of the arguing.

In Jon's parent's garden there was a lot of bumblebees around their flowers so Jon and I sat out there and just watched the bees for ages. It was so quiet and peaceful, just what we needed.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, a few years ago she ended up homeless and unemployed, so she ended up living here with her two cats for 6 months. She fits right in again when she comes back.

That's great you didn't feel anxious, Theresa! That sounds like a great family get together.

My brother-in-law is being taken on a surprise holiday today, so my husband has gone there for a few days to look after our nieces. I wonder how surprised he will be, when he finds out.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Family gatherings used to stress me out, but now the family hardly ever gets together so I guess I don’t have to stress about it all now. I noticed less anxiety overall cause there aren’t weekly or more than that get together!

Its nice that you offer your friend a place to stay, Claire! You’re a really good friend to have

I’m working today where its one of my days where all the classes are here and I’m sharing the space with a co-worker! I’m in the back room but have to come out and do circulation. One of the perks of the job I noticed is I can use this app that one would have to pay for but we get it for free… can read online books or new books in audio. Rather cool!! Although I seem to have developed attention deficit somehow cause I can’t finish a book or focus on them lately!
Old 09-22-2021, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you, Leanne.

For me it depends which family members are there. I'm usually not anxious though.

I enjoyed choir last night, but my voice was croaking by the end!
Old 09-24-2021, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How's everyone doing? Its been a long week

I've been in toddlers last week but this week I was made official to team pre-school! So excited for that! I've been given 3 key children to start with, that I'm responsible for and now I need to think of a animal name for my group - all of our groups have a animal name that starts with the same letter as our first name eg Jane's Jellyfish. I wanted Theresa's T-Rexes but it doesn't roll of the tongue I also got invited to the first work do next week so that's cool!

Day off today so I am catching up on chores and things.
Old 09-26-2021, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sounds good, Theresa.

I'm so annoyed with the consequences of Brexit. Gas prices going through the roof. Food prices rising, and not being able to get what you want. Not enough HGV drivers so no garden waste collection for months now, and in the past few days a run on petrol stations, so no one can buy fuel. I'm finding it all making me feel quite anxious!

Still I did visit my brother today, which was nice.