Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

I watch TV every free second I get.
I watch literally EVERYTHING with fantasy or superheroes in it....which means, I am very busy.

Everything will be over Sep 1st.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Same, reading and watching tv is usually all I do in my free time, pretty boring really I suppose
Old 08-11-2021, 10:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, its sort of a heat wave again, and I got most of the things I needed to go out for last night, so I’m ignoring what’s going on outside now!

I’ve been watching this YouTube documentary on a famous Internet personality who got themselves into trouble where they might go to jail now the internet is all in an uproar and I like following drama for summer entertainment (although I never post anything myself, I just lurk )
Old 08-15-2021, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can’t keep up with all of these YouTube celebrities and famous internet people, guess I’m getting too old
Old 08-15-2021, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Just recently, I have installed an Adblocker. Without that, Youtube had become impossible to watch!!!
Old 08-16-2021, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually go on YouTube on my iPad or my phone, not sure how possible it is to block adverts on them
Old 08-16-2021, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I hated the ads popping right mid sentences in the videos so I’m actually paying a subscription to be ad-less and its way better now to watch anything on YouTube without ads. I just hate how they manipulated people into giving them money by making it so unwatchable otherwise,
Old 08-17-2021, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

I was once listening to an opera on Youtube....and there were random commercial breaks. It was insane. Any company advertising there is crazy and stupid, since one only strarts HATING them forever and ever.
Old 08-17-2021, 05:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got a three month free trail for YouTube Premium once and it made such a difference, but honestly I was too cheap to pay to keep it as they charge £11.99 a month for it in the U.K. which seems like way too much to me Usually streaming prices are £9.99 a month at the very most, even Apple only charge £9.99 for their music streaming, so £11.99 just seems like such a ripoff

I watch YT enough that I probably should consider just sucking it up and paying though, cause the ads that you get mid video are really annoying!
Old 08-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually watch YouTube videos that have meditative themes so I hated the interruptions of commercials where it would practically scare me out of my mindset. Grr, they just do it in such an awful way. I just try not to think about how much it costs.

I have the life experience of knowing how the internet was in it’s birth, there was a time where there were no pop-ups, no paywalls to information and there were no ads in everything or algorithms.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I too remember those days Social media really changed a lot in terms of anonymity on the internet, these days it seems like it’s become more about sharing a glamorous portrayal of your real life and attracting advertisers, but I do miss how the internet felt like a different kind of space back then when all that mattered was contributing to discussions, and nobody cared about what your real name was or what you looked like
Old 08-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

Yep. Back then, Google (or rather: Yahoo) searches led to real hits, i.e. interesting sites that crazy people built. Today, searches only lead to pages where we are treated like cattle, ready to buy whatever they have in store for us.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it felt like more of a private space back then for nerdy people, only now it’s been taken over by advertisers and corporations, so much of social media today is all about selling a sexier version of your life
Old 08-21-2021, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I miss those old days.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I have one more week before returning to work already, that was really fast!!!
Old 08-21-2021, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I think all those library books are having a party while no one is watching them, all unattended and free...