Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2021, 05:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hi guys

I'm off work atm. Got the flu on Sunday (on halloween!) and have a few covid symptoms so work asked I stay home til I have a PCR test. It is negative but I am really fatigued, with a fever. I am hoping I can recover by tomorrow as I have already taken two days off. My last job I was always getting ill so I am adament that it wont happen this time.

I am sorry I didn't visit after my visit back home, I completely forgot! It was lovely seeing my friends and family and I am excited for christmas this year, we are planning a huge celebration as long as we don't get locked down again.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 11-03-2021, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that doesn't sound fun, Theresa. You continue to rest up and take it easy! It just seems inevitable to get sick though when we work among children. Glad its not covid, but flu sucks!!

Christmas sounds like something for you to anticipate this year! Hope things go well for us all to have a more normalized holiday season.

Claire, that's alot of movies. Do you still catch up with the Star Wars universe? With Disney owning it, it feels like there is way too many shows and movies and lore to keep track of now. All the canon I can handle is the first 3 movies (with the original actors) and the backstory of Anakin. But that's about it. Who knows who Rae is!

Have you ever thought about making bread, Claire? What? You missed the sourdough trend during the pandemic??
Old 11-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I swear working at a nursery is even worse, because there are always germs and the kids legit sneeze all the time. I couldn't have worked in my state though, been very fatigued. I am hoping i am ok to work tomorrow. Will see how I feel in the morning.

Yeah now we are up here, it would be the first time that Jon can have christmas with us and my brother as usually he goes up and does a separate holiday with his family but we are kinda halfway between now, so that's exciting. Think he'll do x-mas at mine til 27th and then we'll see his family the other days.

Old 11-04-2021, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have made bread, Leanne, but I can't be bothered most of the time. As for the baking trend in lockdown you couldn't find flour anywhere, so no I didn't make anything.

I really enjoyed the Mandalorian, it's probably the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe.

I hope Christmas goes well this year too, Theresa. It was a bit miserable last year.

I have got a cold. It's been so long since I had one I forgot how rubbish it makes you feel.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I had covid last christmas so I was sick for like 12 days straight during x-mas. So this year has to be better!

Yeah it does, doesn't it Claire? I returned to work today but I was coughing and sneezing alot, I did not sound healthy

Old 11-05-2021, 12:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope it is too

Hopefully you start to feel better soon
Old 11-07-2021, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope you feel better now, Theresa and Claire!

Yesterday I had my first social gathering since before the pandemic, my sister’s baby shower. It was very nice being able to feel like the “before times” again! I’m really looking forward to finding out who this baby will be. They are keeping the name and the sex of it a surprise. It’s due Dec. 5th!

Baby clothes sure are cute now!

It’s been so rainy lately that other than that, I’ve been staying in keeping snug!
Old 11-08-2021, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm starting to feel better, thanks everyone. I hope I can sing tomorrow....

I love babies being a surprise, Leanne.
Old 11-08-2021, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm much better too.

Baby Showers are fun Must be nice to have a social gathering again. We went to the fireworks on Saturday and there was a funfair, food stalls, a huge bonfire, everyone was out and having fun, it was really like the before times!

Old 11-09-2021, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did your choir practice go well, Claire?

That sounds like fun, Theresa, you always seem to know where public activities are happening! Was it the Guy Fawkes holiday?

I have a headache right now after a choking/sick incident during my break.

It looks like its going to be a windy day and night here! My home is so cozy when its like this. I get home from work and can lie on my couch close to the gas fireplace and my cat really likes to just lay beside me on the couch and snooze while I read or watch tv.

Nothing very exciting except I have an EMG test next week!
Old 11-09-2021, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep it was for Guy Fawkes. They had some real old songs blasting so I was dancing and singing along, so much fun! Jon's not really into music so was looking at me like We have a comic con we are going to this weekend, and one of my friends from work is also going so we will be meeting her there.

I quite like winter, so although it gets dark quickly, when we get home, we just cosy up on the sofa.

Old 11-09-2021, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Any special guests at the comic con??
Old 11-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Choir was better than I expected. But I couldn't sing too well! Still I needed to learn the music we were doing.

That sounds like a nice evening out, Theresa. We didn't get to see any official fireworks this year. We did have our traditional watching of V for Vendetta, though.

It's been nice having the kids back to school this week.
Old 11-16-2021, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, don’t mention how life is boring cause that’s exactly when things will strike!

This weekend was 48 hours of constant rain in my area and ended up flooding a lot of places in BC including where I live. I’m not flooded but the outskirts of my city and backroads are underwater right now. All the highways are closed off to the rest of Canada right now. An entire city had to evacuate too.

And yesterday morning on my way to work, some guy ended up sideswiping my car so now I have car damage to fix plus my head aches from that. I was in the left turn lane and suddenly as I’m driving toward the light, this white car on my right suddenly turns out of his lane and bumps right into me cause he didn’t bother to shoulder check before turning.

It can only get better from here though, I think, waiting for my niece or nephew to be born.
Old 11-17-2021, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad you're not hurt, Leanne. That sounds scary.

Flooding is a real problem now all over. Glad you're okay, though.

I'm all better now, I had some time out with a friend last week, and it was lovely!