Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by HornyCookie

Even though I want to know more about each characters, the whole one episode/one character story is getting on my nerves. I want to see more island action, I didn't like what we saw in this episode about the whole being stranded thing. Going into the jungle was great but the splitting up was stupid.
IMO for the first season we are going to get a lot of one episode per character so that we get to know thier back stories and also to get to know their character triats. I think as the seasons go on we will see more island action and get more character development and see less flashbacks.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:34 PM
New Fan

Is anyone else wondering about Jack's back wound? It's only been about a week since he had that terrible injury. Think about what he's been doing: swimming in salt water, hanging from the cliff, etc. I would think that those stitches wouldn't hold through all of that - and it must have really hurt in that salt water! I don't think it would be miraculously healed since everyone still has healing facial wounds from the crash. Any ideas on this or have the writers just conveniently forgotten about it?

Sharon O.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sosenga
Is anyone else wondering about Jack's back wound? It's only been about a week since he had that terrible injury. Think about what he's been doing: swimming in salt water, hanging from the cliff, etc. I would think that those stitches wouldn't hold through all of that - and it must have really hurt in that salt water! I don't think it would be miraculously healed since everyone still has healing facial wounds from the crash. Any ideas on this or have the writers just conveniently forgotten about it?

Sharon O.
I wondered about that too. I don't remember well, but i think that when he takes the shirt off to rescue bone, there's no mark or anything where the wound should be.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona
Well, I'm Asian, though not Korean, but I can tell if somebody is Korean, or Japanese, Chinese, or Philipino/SE Asia. I don't know if this is just an Asian thing, but when you are on it is easier to differentiate by looks and physical traits, not even the language. I actually get kind annoyed when Hurley calls them Chinese. It just makes me cringe. But that's probably just an Asian thing. I don't dislike him for it, but when he does that, it annoys me. For some reason I'm not the same way w/ Sawyer making cracks at Sayid (and I'm half middle-eastern too) and calling him Abdul and stuff (my father's name), because when Sawyer does it he at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He's not doing it because he's culturally unaware, he's doing it just to be a brat.
I knew that they were Korean when I knew their names, but putting it in the context of the show, it wasn't explicitly stated that they were Korean up until this ep. I was kind of surprised that Michael knew.

As for Hurley, I think it's understandable to assume that Jin and Sun are Chinese. I'm Filipino, and I live in the Philippines, but people assume that I'm Chinese, because I have "chinky" eyes.

I agree with you on Sawyer, though. He's quite offensive with the nicknames, because he has full knowledge of what he is saying. But then again, that seems to be his character--offensive.

I really like this episode, because Jin and Sun's is one of the more interesting back stories. Jack's backstory was kind of a letdown, IMO. Although I am quite intrigued about what, "he did...two months ago."
Old 11-02-2004, 09:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

I agree. Jin and Sun's history was so fascinating to me for some reason. I just re-watched the ep earlier today and I caught a lot more cuz the first time I saw it I was doing homework at the same time. It explains so much but I still want to know more. As usual with the show. It's amazing what JJ Abrams has done with this concept.

-Audrey Hepburn
Old 11-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

We are getting a new episode tonight, right?
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 11-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Addicted Fan

i love 2nights ep. i was really exctied to learn baout charlie. i cant belive he was so different and the way he changed through out the ep was amazing. I loved that it was all about the music but it sad he got inot the drugs. i do blame his brother but at least his brother quit.

good ep but i cant wait till next week.

quick note: yay kate hugged jack! they r so made for eachother
Bhery