Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 PM
Supreme Fan

I assumed that Sun and Jin had an apartment in Australia, but an actual home wherever her father lived. Maybe that's where most of the business was taken care of.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by *Maria*
I assumed that Sun and Jin had an apartment in Australia, but an actual home wherever her father lived. Maybe that's where most of the business was taken care of.
Hmm... interesting. I hadn't even considered them being in Australia as in living. I assumed they lived in Korea as that was what they spoke, and she dreamed of going to America...
Old 10-29-2004, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Re: The pouch??

I think this was one of the slowest eps, but i still really enjoyed it

the thing that bugged me this week- why cant they stay in the caves AND on the beach, rotate around ? so that there is always a couple of people on the beach minding the fire, looking out for ships/planes etc etc and some people go into the caves...

also, havnt these people ever seen castaway, they should create a huge SOS on the beach using sticks and stuff, so a plane will notice it when they fly over, come on people, use your brains

Quote:
Originally posted by IceKat055
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the pouch that Jack pulled out of Adam (or Eve's) pocket?

A black stone, and a white stone.

Locke, explaining the game of backgammon to Walt: Two sides. Two players. One is light, one is dark.

If, as Abrams has hinted, every prop is deliberate - - then what's the significance?
I think it is a significant of sides that are going to be chosen, the camp will be split, whether it stays split in caves vs beach, it could be Jack (light) vs Sayid (dark) as the so called leaders of the 2 groups or it goes into something darker that we havnt seen yet, like good (light) vs evil (dark).

I dunno..
Old 10-30-2004, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Mustang Girl

Concernig Sin/Jun in Australia.....I think Sin and Jun were in Australia for something business related. After all, this was the flight that she was supposed to walk out on an meet the car at 11:15. Then when he pulled out the flower, she changed her mind. And we received references this week to that fact her father was on board and had died.... the watch....
I didn't hear Sun say her father was on the plane? I thought that her father gave the watch to Jin as a present and it got lost during the crash and Jin thought Michael stole it?
I thought they lived in Korea and were in Australia to make a connecting flight to LAX on business.

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -
the thing that bugged me this week- why cant they stay in the caves AND on the beach, rotate around ? so that there is always a couple of people on the beach minding the fire, looking out for ships/planes etc etc and some people go into the caves...
That's exactly what I said. And the SOS thing is a good idea too.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BehrItAll
I didn't hear Sun say her father was on the plane? I thought that her father gave the watch to Jin as a present and it got lost during the crash and Jin thought Michael stole it?
I thought they lived in Korea and were in Australia to make a connecting flight to LAX on business.

thats what i thought too... i didnt even consider that her father was on the plane

As far as i know, Australia isnt used as a layover for any flights, we are too far away for everything, I assumed that they were in Australia on business, and then flying to the US to conduct more business...
Old 10-30-2004, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by - Jen -

As far as i know, Australia isnt used as a layover for any flights, we are too far away for everything, I assumed that they were in Australia on business, and then flying to the US to conduct more business...
That makes more sense. I just don't think they were actually living in Australia though.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:

Hmm.... I guess I thought Michael said he took the watch off a body... I may have misunderstood.... He said he just couldn't understand having such an expensive watch go to waste.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
That makes more sense. I just don't think they were actually living in Australia though.
I agree
Old 10-30-2004, 03:15 PM
Total Fan

How does the people on the island know that Jin and Sun are Korean ? Was it stated in a previous episode ? I could understand Hurley doing a mistake just by hearing them talk... I mean I never heard people speaking Korean or Chinese and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I liked the episode but it was a bit too slow for my taste. The Jack/Kate flirting and the comments the others made about them were great, it was nice to see people joking around a little. I loved Charlie in this episode, he was really touching when he saw his guitar near the end.
Jin and Sun were great. I like their story, I can't help but feel sorry for them both.

Even though I want to know more about each characters, the whole one episode/one character story is getting on my nerves. I want to see more island action, I didn't like what we saw in this episode about the whole being stranded thing. Going into the jungle was great but the splitting up was stupid.

I hope we get to see more of Sawyer, Shannon and Claire in the next episodes.

I am a fool for distraction.
Old 10-30-2004, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by HornyCookie

I hope we get to see more of Sawyer, Shannon and Claire in the next episodes.
I agree
Old 10-30-2004, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Well, I'm Asian, though not Korean, but I can tell if somebody is Korean, or Japanese, Chinese, or Philipino/SE Asia. I don't know if this is just an Asian thing, but when you are on it is easier to differentiate by looks and physical traits, not even the language. I actually get kind annoyed when Hurley calls them Chinese. It just makes me cringe. But that's probably just an Asian thing. I don't dislike him for it, but when he does that, it annoys me. For some reason I'm not the same way w/ Sawyer making cracks at Sayid (and I'm half middle-eastern too) and calling him Abdul and stuff (my father's name), because when Sawyer does it he at least sounds like he knows what he's talking about. He's not doing it because he's culturally unaware, he's doing it just to be a brat.

Last edited by In Fair Verona; 10-30-2004 at 07:50 PM
Old 10-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Addicted Fan

great epi, but i missed when Kate told her reason why she is not going to the caves....can someone tell and how did Jack react. thanks

Look for the girl with the broken smile
Ask her if she wants to stay awhile
Old 10-31-2004, 02:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

I think as time goes by they will be adding more and more "island - time" with the backstories. It's just that it's an enormous cast and they are trying to get to everyone. I think every week we'll have the main story and then bits and pieces of other peoples lives, like how this week was Jin & Sun, but on the side they lead into Charlie's story a bit. I'm thinking the current format will change after the 10th episode. That's just a guess though...
Old 10-31-2004, 03:18 PM
Addicted Fan

I haven't posted since before I saw this episode on Wednesday. I thought I'd put in my 2 cents. What does everyone make of the skeletons? They don't necessarily have to be others lost on the island previously. They could very well have been people of the Island. We have yet to see the whole island. Maybe there are some tribal people living on there.
I bet Sun wishes she would have walked out that day to the car. I am still getting shudders at the thought of her and Michael. I just don't like the thought of them together. YUCK! Sorry. Speaking of Michael, I watched him get eaten by a bear the other day in a movie called The Edge.
Hurley was OK in the begginging, if not a bit endearing. But now he's just annoying me.
Kate and Jack should stop acting like they are worlds away from each other. They could still see each other everyday.
When will Claire drop that baby?!
I have to watch this episode again because there is some stuff I'm forgetting.
as I watch the walls descend
as I watch the walls descend like stars
Old 10-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

I like the idea of Sun and Michael.