Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2004, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Episode 1x06 Discussion Thread: House of the Rising Sun (27 October 2004)

Walt and the others are shocked when Michael is brutally beaten, but only the non-English-speaking Jin and Sun know the truth behind the attack. Meanwhile Kate, Jack, Sawyer and Sayid argue about where the survivors should camp -- on the beach, where they're more likely to be seen, or in a remote inland valley where fresh water abounds; and Locke discovers Charlie's secret.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

Yay! They have new outfits! Heh.

I'm really excited for this episode, because I know nothing about Jin and Sun. I was watching an interview of Yunjin Kim who plays Sun and she says that

I
D
U
N
N
O
I
F
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
B
U
T
W
H
A
T
E
V
E
R

Sun "supposedly" knows how to speak English, but we don't know why she pretends not to.

I
D
U
N
N
O
I
F
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
B
U
T
W
H
A
T
E
V
E
R

Good stuff.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

Locke finds out Charlies secret... Oooo, this sounds intriguing! I wonder how long that will hold before someone else finds out. Hmm...so love this show!!

They repeated two episodes this past Sat. I was hoping for the pilot episode which I still haven't seen (pooh!) Oh, well...catch it this summer I suppose. (shrugs)
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 10-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Master Fan

Can not wait until tonight...I love this show too much!!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 10-27-2004, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Less than an hour to go...
Old 10-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another great eppie!

I love how they did the ending! I also liked how they did Ted & Sun. Awesome. So, next week is Charlie?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:25 AM
Extreme Fan

No Claire... at all!!

I wonder where she went.. did she stay on the beach or go to the caves?? I'm thinking she must have went with Jack's crew.. you know, stay with the doctor.. (and *cough* *cough* Hurley)
Old 10-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is something that's been going on in the Emilie related threads... Anyone worried here that Em's name wasn't listed in the credits tonight?
Old 10-28-2004, 12:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Interesting ep. I'm glad Charlie got his guitar back.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by coolove
This is something that's been going on in the Emilie related threads... Anyone worried here that Em's name wasn't listed in the credits tonight?
No she's the only character that didn't appear. Boone & Shannon were present at the beach fire at the end.

But next week we'll know for sure.

Also Sun, although terrified is so interesting. I knew she knew English!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Really? I didn't even see Boone and Shannon. But I'm not worried about Emilie, because I know her character will have an episode about her. She probably wasn't there to film that episode so she's not in the credits. Were Ian and what's-her-face that plays Shannon in the credits?

Anyway, I really liked tonights episode. I was waiting a long time for the Sun/Jin episode. I had a feeling she probably knew how to speak English, but I liked the way it all worked out. The flashbacks were the greatest. When Jin pulled out that flower at the end I wanted to cry. That was really sweet. I kind of ship them now. But I was liking the Sun/Michael interaction. Ah, what's a Sun to do. I really like Sun more and more with each episode, and I'm thinking she should be the female lead now. She's so awesome. But I might be bias because I'm Asian, but yeah... Sun is teh cool.

The whole splitting up thing... yeah... didn't think it'd be that fast but it doesn't seem like a big permanent split. The beach people will probably join the cave people. I just want to know where the hell Claire went, though I'm sure she went with Charlie and Jack. Seems logical.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tina, it sure looks like next week we get a focus on Charlie. While I do adore the show and the whole premise behind it, I haven't made up my mind yet if I really LIKE the whole one person focus in each. Just don't know, personally. I think it stems from not liking it when they did the same thing on Third Watch in the second season. I almost think we could get as much out by mini flashbacks via different characters in different eppies. But who knows?

scionfairy at your Hurly/Claire implications.

coolove, I doubt we have to worry about Claire/Emilie.

scoobygang, I figure Charlie's guitar will be his "savior" without his crack or whatever drug of choice that was.

justsmile, watching tonight I told my hubby that one of the two HAD to know English. It just made no sense. Period.

And infairverona, this eppy actually made me like Sun/Jin even less. ::shudders:: he's too creepy.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Now here are my general/random thoughts.

First off, the whole "verbal copulating" line was the best thing ever! Oh Charlie is such a comic relief, I am starting to really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllly like him.

And what was with EVERYONE shipping on Kate and Jack? First Charlies harassing them and then after they both stripped tops to run from the bees, Locke and Charlie hinting that they half expected more to have happened. And then back at camp, Hurly in the "high school" tease, and then Sawyer harassing Kate about following Jack.

Onto Kate, I half expect Sawyer was the cause of Kate not moving to the caves with Jack. I mean, his comment on her and Jack might have scared her, as an implication that she needed to settle in or whatever. And I half expect her fear of settling down also prevented her from moving to the cave even if she knew it was best. That was very clear in her "I don't want to be Eve" statement.

But seriously, Kate and Jack were a great team this eppy. The teasing was funny and how Kate harassed him about checking her out. And Jack not wanting to talk to Hurly about Kate!

I do expect everyone moves to the caves soon. I mean, what's Jack going to do? Keep spending all day hauling water for those who didn't want shelter?

Last edited by Wildfire Girl; 10-28-2004 at 01:34 PM
Old 10-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl

I do expect everyone moves to the caves soon. I mean, what's Jack going to do? Keep spending all day hauling water for those who didn't want shelter?
ooh yeah true. i think eventually everyone with move there, but who knows how long that will take.

Ok looooved this ep. My favorite so far. Mainly cause...well all the jack/kate flirty scenes were just fabulous. Ans I cannot get over that verbally copulating comment. heeh loooved. It made me kinda like Charlie lol.

Ok dand Sayid if freaking awesome. First with the tacking of the Jin and then with his ridiculous hottness. Why is every freaking guy on this show gorgeous?
Old 10-28-2004, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nbsarah
ooh yeah true. i think eventually everyone with move there, but who knows how long that will take.

Ok looooved this ep. My favorite so far. Mainly cause...well all the jack/kate flirty scenes were just fabulous. Ans I cannot get over that verbally copulating comment. heeh loooved. It made me kinda like Charlie lol.

Ok dand Sayid if freaking awesome. First with the tacking of the Jin and then with his ridiculous hottness. Why is every freaking guy on this show gorgeous?
You made me laugh. Verbally copulating! That's some great writing.

So, with each episode I see, I'm loving this show more and more.

I'm curious to know what Kate meant when she said "you know where to find me too." It sounded kind of weird. Sun! I knew the minute that her "decorator" asked her about her lessons that she knew how to speak english. Her flashbacks broke my heart. Jin went from loving husband to overbearing tyrant...with traces of loving husband lol. But most heartbreaking was that she almost didn't crash with the rest of them, she almost escaped.

I'm not sure how I feel about people moving into the caves. I can see the points of both sides.

LJ