Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Well I suppose they could have been in Australia the whole time...but I mean you don't think they'd pick up even the slightest bit of language? even a teensy weensy bit?

OOH I was thinking about the stones too, I mean there has to be something behind it, or else they wouldn't have taken the time to show Jack pulling it out and then show the black and white stones. but what is it hmmmmm that is the question......

re: jack and kate..well you know what they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder"

also regarding hurley and the "Chinese" comments, they probably portrayed someone realistically to an extent, not everyone is going to be politically correct...or even remotely correct so kinda irritated me, but people in life do that so ...yeah.

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 10-28-2004, 07:38 PM
Master Fan

I thought this episode was great. I love Sun (she's always been one of my favourites - but it was great to get an episode involving her). I loved her interaction with Michael - definite ship growing there. Although she had some nice moments with Jin (especially the "flower" moments).

The moment I saw the little black and white stones that Jack found, I thought of Locke's little speech about light and dark. I have no idea what it means though - possibly the camp splitting in two ? ... I have no idea ...

Regarding the camp - I wasn't expecting them too split so early. It's only the sixth episode. I wonder which group people like Claire, Shannon and Boone went with, as we didn't see them this episode.

What was up with Locke and Charlie ? How come he found the guitar just as he gave up the drugs. Locke knows alot more about that island than anyone else does.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

there is a theory thread...about could they be dead?

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl
Ooooo Dommie, I just finished reading over the scenarios and they are awesome. Hmmmm food for thought. Do we have a theory speculation thread for that discussion to go to?
http://www.fanforum.com/forums/showt...threadid=25423

- HOW COULD WE FORGET ABOUT THOSE STONES!!!! what do they mean...i like the dark against light comments..... so scenario #4 is hitting home for me bigtime
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dommie
When i started to watch this episode the first thing that popped into my head is that the plane had to have those black boxes so well known. I don't know if the boxes have some sort of GSP thing going as well..but i would now assume if the folks on the island's have the latest cell phones...that they would every once in awhile turn them on as well.
I could be wrong, but wasn't that what Jack, Charlie, and Kate were looking for in the pilot?
Also, the cell phone theory assumes that those things would have survived the crash. (Although Hurley's CD player surely has as well as and Charlie's guitar.) I would imagine most people probably either had those things on them or nearby in a carry-on so the odds probably aren't too high. Then again, for a plane taken apart in the sky, a lot of things did manage to stay intact.

Darbi, I agree, I couldn't stop giggling during Michael's exchange with Jin.

Dommie, thanks for that article. Hmm, the mysteries. *taps chin* I think I'm going to have to mull over the article before I come up with any theories.

I find it hilarious that although everyone talks about the complexities of Alias, they also seem to not bring up the drama of Felicity. Almost hard to believe these shows (in comparison between the two) came from the same man.

IceKat055, I didn't even think about the idea of what Jack found and backgammon being related. Hmmm.

This show is giving me so much to ponder about!

Teriberri21, very true that they're going to realistic (to an extent) in characterization. I've forgotten about that. The "Chinese" comments don't make me love Hurley any less, but I would think by now someone would have said they weren't. It may not be so much as being politically correct, but more of being culturally aware.

youdoodletoo, I think Locke knows more about the island than anyone else because he believes. The man was paralyzed, and after a plane crash, he's able to walk again (and hunt boar!). That definitely calls for some faith in something magical.
Old 10-28-2004, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Well I must say this was another great episode. Not as good as last weeks because of no Charlie and Claire. Heck Emilie's name wasn't even in the credits. Whats with that?

But it was really nice to see Sum and Jin stretch their acting legs and get to play something beside bossy Asian man and mousey Asian woman. I wonder if Jin knew she was thinking about leaving and knew the flower might stop her? Anyway it was nice to learn their background. Jin really overreacted about the watch. If I were Michael I would have threatened him with that axe a bit longer. Heck, he even pushed Walt and that pissed me off too!

The finding of the dead bodies was interesting. And the finding of the stones was even more interesting. I'm curious to know why these guys are keeping so many secrets. Like, Jack hiding the stones. Why not say "Hey, I found these bodies and these stones were on them. Wonder what that's about guys?" But I'm kinda glad they are moving into the jungle, just because I'm ready for a change of scenery. But, if it had been me on that island..I'd still be on the beach.

I really started to like Locke after "Walkabout" like so many of us others did. But, the things he says and does are erie. I mean how'd he really know about Charlie's drug problem? And how'd he know that guitar was there and intact? Dom was great, with the bees on him, I would have been freaking out because those guys were real! I thought the Kate, let me take off my shirt scene, was well But the comment Charlie made about C's craked me up.

Well can't wait to see Charlie's episode next week.

SATC
Old 10-28-2004, 08:17 PM
Addicted Fan

re: sun and jin being in austrailia....

maybe they were simply in austrailia on vacation? no?

"For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death?"
Old 10-28-2004, 08:52 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by **Carrie**
re: sun and jin being in austrailia....

maybe they were simply in austrailia on vacation? no?
I think Jin was some business trips and had Sun go with him, because their apartment was being redone.?

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I don't love hurley any less either, it's just what some people do, I don't think he meant it as specifically offensive even though it might have been. I think it also may have been more pronounced since they were featuring jin and sun but Sawyer does it a lot with Sayid and middle eastern references "abdul...he's made some other ones, but i can't remember"

Thank you Lemurian
icon by: Bleeding_Muse
"Well he won't be so happy when he discovers his wife is a fruit-munching monster! -Merlin
Old 10-28-2004, 10:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by scionfairy
I don't know why, but I thought, from the first eppy that the sky marshal was connected to Kate somehow. Like perhaps it had been her husband, and she did something then fled. You know? It was just odd that someone would go all the way from the USA to Austrailia. Also, they seemed kind of intimate.. like he knew her all too well. Too well for being someone who just wanted to bring her into custody. Also, you could see caring in her face for him in a way. When the plane was going down, she put the oxygen mask up to his face as well. I think there are a bunch of clues that leads us to believe that she knew him on a personal basis as well.
Thank you! That's exactly what I've been thinking ever since Tabula Rasa aired.

I guess I'm in the minority, because I thought this was the weakest ep so far. I still enjoyed it, though.

Watch Veronica Mars, Wednesdays at 9 pm est on UPN.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:33 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgarbage
I guess I'm in the minority, because I thought this was the weakest ep so far. I still enjoyed it, though.

I'm in the minority with you. While the episode was good, I was still left disappointed. I thought there would be more to it then there actually was. I was a bit let down. However, if this is a weak episode of the show, I now know the show will never let me down.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgarbage
You're not alone. It seemed to drag on. But I found Sun interesting... and I'm probably in the minority, because I've come to the conclusion that Kate isn't interesting but rather just annoying.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Total Fan

Hmm maybe i'm one of the few that really loved the ep. One of my favorites after the pilot and walkabout.

i really like kate although i didnt understand the end with her crying. it just made me reeeally want to know what the heck she did.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't thought too much about the stones/marbles. But they either meant something important to Jack and that is why he hid them from Locke, or else they were fairly worthless to him and it wasn't worth bothering to mentiong. But I think it was the former.
Old 10-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildfire Girl
Now here are my general/random thoughts.

First off, the whole "verbal copulating" line was the best thing ever! Oh Charlie is such a comic relief, I am starting to really reeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaallllly like him.

And what was with EVERYONE shipping on Kate and Jack? First Charlies harassing them and then after they both stripped tops to run from the bees, Locke and Charlie hinting that they half expected more to have happened. And then back at camp, Hurly in the "high school" tease, and then Sawyer harassing Kate about following Jack.

Onto Kate, I half expect Sawyer was the cause of Kate not moving to the caves with Jack. I mean, his comment on her and Jack might have scared her, as an implication that she needed to settle in or whatever. And I half expect her fear of settling down also prevented her from moving to the cave even if she knew it was best. That was very clear in her "I don't want to be Eve" statement.

But seriously, Kate and Jack were a great team this eppy. The teasing was funny and how Kate harassed him about checking her out. And Jack not wanting to talk to Hurly about Kate!

I do expect everyone moves to the caves soon. I mean, what's Jack going to do? Keep spending all day hauling water for those who didn't want shelter?

I so agree with just about everything you said.

Yeah, at all the Kate/Jack comments
Old 10-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Terriberri21 I agree. Yeah, Hurly may make some uniformed comments or politically incorrect comments, but this is real life. I don't think he means anything negative by them; that's just who he is. Honest.. and funny

Concernig Sin/Jun in Australia.....I think Sin and Jun were in Australia for something business related. After all, this was the flight that she was supposed to walk out on an meet the car at 11:15. Then when he pulled out the flower, she changed her mind. And we received references this week to that fact her father was on board and had died.... the watch....

tangled STAR I think in the pilot they were looking for a radio transceiver or something. I don't know if that's the same as a black box.

I did miss Claire in this episdoe.