Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
Revisiting Brooke and Lucas was so lame. I couldn't stand it.
Same here, especially since it clearly due to off-screen reasons. For all the complaining about how BL weren't endgame because Chophia weren't together (which I completely disagree with), there is no way that they would have gone back in the first place if they weren't together at the time.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They wouldn't have. You can tell they were never planning to.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-17-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If they didn't leave LP in the place they did at the end of S1, I could have maybe bought that they were.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

I believe that after Brucas blew up in season 1, they realized that with Chad/Sophia dating, the show could explode in popularity with the onscreen/offscreen dynamic pairing. I believe that and Peyton's surprising unpopularity made them write towards Brucas in season 2.

So while I doubt they were the original endgame (it was clearly LP), I believe they wrote towards that endgame season 2 onwards. However when CS broke up in real life, Sophia did not want to work with Chad in romantic scenes anymore and I believe they started to write towards the original endgame of LP.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't think they went back to BL in season 2 because they were more popular, I think that they went back there because the network thought Chophia being together would bring more people into the show, even though it didn't make a lot of sense in the story to go back to them. If they thought that BL were more popular, the ratings after 2.10 showed that they clearly overestimated their audience. I also think they didn't change the endgames either since BL were never written in a positive light imo when they were relationship and they were way too signs in S3 that BL would fall apart to believe they would last in the long run.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's pretty obvious they only went back there because of bts, which is a really stupid reason to do something tbh, especially something that makes zero sense in the narrative. Agree that they didn't change their endgame, though, BL were never written as endgame. They were never even written as a couple that could last semi long term. The whole time they were together all the writing ever did was highlight why they shouldn't be.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-17-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would have been much better for Luke and Brooke's characters if they didn't go back imo since going back to the triangle hindered the development of both of their characters along with Peyton's in the HS years. I also would have preferred for BP's friendship rebuild over the back end of S1/start of season 2 instead of having Luke sleep with Nikki (which was OOC for him imo) and them becoming bffs again immediately. BL definitely weren't ever meant to be regardless of how Chophia ended.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It would have, it would have been so much better for both of them. That storyline did horrific things to Lucas' character that didn't fit with who he was outside of it, and Brooke didn't come out of it much better. The whole thing was a mess, and it annoys me that if they had dropped it when they should have, it wouldn't have been.

I find it difficult to buy BP as friends because they never really addressed any of their issues, just brushed over them.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

If it wasn't for all the love triangles, Luke would be a lot more liked as a character imo since it was great character outside of all that stuff and I hated all the damage they did to his character over the years. The show would be a lot better if the triangle got dropped when it was to suppose. Yeah agreed, that's why they aren't my number 1 friendship in general or for both girls.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The sad thing is that although the triangle didn't reflect who he was outside of it, you can't really ignore it.

They could have easily resolved it for me by addressing the issues there, but they never did, and it makes no sense that they didn't, imo.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All the triangles were unfortunately an big part of his character.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, but it never needed to be that way.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-18-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep basically.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What other stories do you think had a negative impact that could have been avoided?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
What other stories do you think had a negative impact that could have been avoided?
Umm, I'm not sure what about you? I can't really think of other storylines that affected the characters as badly as the triangles affected Luke.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread