Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 06:45 PM
Obsessed Fan

Amy, glad to see you de-lurking. Hope things are resolving themselves. As to Bertha, I'm up for an exorcism!

Karlie, Congrats on 5000! Amazing!

ITA on all the posts concerning Nathan and Haley. I didn't start watching until the 2nd episode b/c I forgot when the Pilot was on. Really, I wasn't all the impressed by the show but I thought I'd give it a few more episodes. I can't remember if it was the third episode when Nathan started his "plan" to get to Lucas through Haley. After seeing the N/H interaction I knew the relationship would be different from anything else. It was the chemistry and I was hooked. Without N/H, I really wouldn't be watching. There relationship is so real and special to me. I've got nothing against the other cast members. It's just that the N/H relationship has touched me and keeps me coming back for more.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 03-31-2004, 07:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I might've read this wrong, but apparently James Lafferty is getting his own board tonight!!!

:-)
Old 03-31-2004, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

i am lost. who is bertha? could someone pls enlighten me on this? ty

ETA: that's cool YellowRose. he so deserves it!

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited dorqui ]
Old 03-31-2004, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, Mal and Whitney, I totally agree with everything you said. My two cents:

I started watching the show because of Chad, and after seeing all the previews, I basically got the gist of it, they wanted the audience to love Lucas and hate Nathan. They wanted us to take pity on Lucasbecause he grew up without and father and was poor, and they wanted us to hate Nathan because he was such an ass, and was supposedly just like his Dad. But, that wasn't how I felt at all. (except i did feel that exact way in the Pilot)

I felt bad for Nathan because he had to grow up with Dan, and Lucas annoyed me. I also knew that Nathan's character was so much deeper than was on his exterior. Even though Nathan and Dan did piss me off, I loved their scenes together, I don't know who else said that, but I totally agree with her. They were the characters that I loved to hate, except now I do love Nathan.

Watching Chad on Dawson's Creek, I know that he can play the bad-boy well, but his bad-boy character is so differnt from James' bad-boy character. On DC, he was just the cheating-boyfriend, but James (like someone else said, I think it was Mal, some people have it, and some people don't, and he does) is something different, he has this spark about him that not many actors have. It also helps that he has so much chemistry with Joie. To me, Lucas will always be the boring character and Nathan is the character that everyone wants to watch and will love. Other the Hilaire, James has the least experience with acting on the show, but you would never know if you watched the show.

Did I just make any sense at all?

About the Nathan/Haley kiss in the promo, it does look like curtains. Wouldn't it be funny if they were in the hall, and just met up or something, and then someone walks in on them. (like Brooke, Peyton, Whitey, ooo, wouldn't Jake be fun)

(Nathan and Haley kissing, and Brooke walks down the hall not looking where she is going, looks up)

Next week is going to be an awesome One Tree Hill week! Not only do we have them back from that awful hiatus, but we get to see them all interviewed and stuff. I so want to see them on TRL again! Oh and I don't know if anyone else has posted this yet, but they now have the trailer of SITN on the WB.

ETA: about Nathan always being happy when he's with Haley, I like that about him because we barely ever see him smile, and it's a rare treat for all of us.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited naley1220 ]
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Loyal Fan

ooooooo- I hope James is getting his own board tonight!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Hey guys- new fanfic by me: For Love & Basketball
It's obviously a N/H one- I think this one will definately intrigue (sp) you guys. especially you MANDIE!!!! I know you played ball- and I think you'll like it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Old 03-31-2004, 07:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the heads up. Lauren I will be sure to check it out!

Is it tuesday yet- God it feels good to say that and not April 6!

Mandie*
A girl asked a boy if she was pretty. He said no. She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever. He said no. She then asked him if he would cry if she walked away. He again said no. She had heard too much. She needed to leave. As she walked away, he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said, "You're not pretty, you're beautiful, I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die. ~Anonymous

It just is...-Cameron & Nikki

It's getting less complicated-Bradin & Callie

Baller Girl #3
Old 03-31-2004, 07:54 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mal and Whitney, *loved* your eloquently beautiful posts on our complex wonderful Nathan. Said so well.

Denise! Your letter to the WB was great! I so hope they use it, you made some excellent points and did a good job of pimping our couple!

Hi Susan - okay, if I have to have a dorky nickname (did I just call my new husband's name dorky [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ), so make one up or I'll think one up!

While I am semi-glad they are opening a James board, is it wrong of me to not really want that, because it just takes away from this board and makes more work all the way around to post and read at two places, three counting the spoiler board. Comments on that?

Countdown: six days, five minutes!

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:56 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
you know they could cause you tons of trouble, but then they have this soul, this intense thing about them that drags you in. James has that
Oooh, Whit, I loved that. It's totally true. Love with people like Nathan has the potential to have you crashing or send your soaring. They inspire great love because everything about them is great...and intense...and passionate. But either way, after you've taken the ride you've still felt more than most people could ever hope to.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

I don't know Tammy. I'm pretty happy that he got one regardless.
I think getting his own board now is yes, a credit to his popularity and success on the show. And I'll admit, at first I didn't think he had enough under his belt to have his own board. But then I see that Rachel Bilson has one LOL

At least he has Season on the Brink, Once and again and his celebrity b-ball status to generate some thread activity. It's a starting point anyway.

But in the end, this board and thread will still seem like my FF home.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited JulieB ]
Old 03-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey there all you Naley lovers. WOW what a day I come in here and see the promos but just any promo I get to see NH kissing. HOLY MOTHER of PEARL that was one HOTT kiss we got. I can't wait to see it play out. For those of you who have said that Nathan smiles when he's with Haley you are so right. He smiles and his eyes light up as well it's so cute. Well is it April 6th yet.

BBGurl(hope I spelled it right:confused [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] but you have to update your fan fic it was great and I really want to hear more of what happens. Please.
Tammy I e-mailed you back.

Jessica [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

I was driving home tonight and I heard this song that my roommate used to play for us every morning.

"Good Morning Beautiful" by Steve Holy

Good Morning Beautiful,
How was your night?
Mine was wonderful with you by my side.
When I opened my eyes to see your sweet face
Its a good morning, beautiful day

I couldn't see the light
Didn't know day from night
I had no reason to care
But since you came along
I can face the dawn
Cause I know you'll be there.

Good morning beautiful!!!

Awwwww, i think this is a great morning after song for NH

Ally

-Drugs Never Sounded So Sweet
Old 03-31-2004, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Ally you already know I love that song and its great for NH! Is anyone around?- this place is kinda dead!

Mandie*
A girl asked a boy if she was pretty. He said no. She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever. He said no. She then asked him if he would cry if she walked away. He again said no. She had heard too much. She needed to leave. As she walked away, he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said, "You're not pretty, you're beautiful, I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die. ~Anonymous

It just is...-Cameron & Nikki

It's getting less complicated-Bradin & Callie

Baller Girl #3
Old 03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Extreme Fan

I was looking at the requests board, and I was just wondering, is there an exact number of votes needed to get their own thread, if there isn't, how do they decide? Chad already has one, and James is getting one, Joie is actually pretty close, but both Hilarie and Sophia aren't even up there, right? I only looked on like the first two pages, are they also requested? sorry if I sound really dumb asking these weird questiosn.
"Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for awhile, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never ever the same." ~ Flavia

N. + H.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by + ps whatever +:
<STRONG>Ally you already know I love that song and its great for NH! Is anyone around?- this place is kinda dead!

Mandie*</STRONG>
Could that be because we send each other everything first. LOL

Yeah where is everyone. Please tell its not dead cause everyone is watching the OC

Ally

-Drugs Never Sounded So Sweet
Old 03-31-2004, 09:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's only 10:11 and I'm going to sleep. Good night everyone.

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Closed Thread   Post New Thread