Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 04:30 PM
New Fan

Hey, anybody think that the kiss might happen in the second episode, maybe when they're at the hotel, and they kiss, and Lucas comes wanting to talk to haley and maybe that's what they were talking about on the spoiler board.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

oh DOJ loved ur analysis of nathan/james

my take" when Four *****ing fingers are pointing at you, u sure as hell can point one finger"
Old 03-31-2004, 04:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dewrays:
<STRONG>nathan said it best, the nice guy act is wearing thin ... or something to that effect</STRONG>
yea nathan did say it best with that line. while nathan is straightforward with his actions (too straightforward that sometimes he gets into trouble), lucas makes people believe that he's nice and sweet and all when clearly, he just hides his devil scott genes.

btw, what's the deal with the whole Bertha thing? im confused. maybe i wasnt here when the whole incident happened but now i want to know. sounds intriguing. can someone tell me pls? just pm me if you dont want to bring back the animosity in this thread. thanks [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Mal you said it perfectly, I bow down to the perfection, LOL.

The writers started Lucas off as this "nice" guy who had all this terrible stuff done to him. We were suppossed to feel sorry for him, but he had no edge, he had nothing truly interesting about him. So Chad was cute, wow, his character was a bore at least to me. And then they decided they wanted him to go the bad boy route, it worked with Nathan, people had fallen in love.

But like Mal said some actors have that quality, and some do not. James has that inate bad boy charisma, that just turns you to goo. It's like you know they're bad, you know they could cause you tons of trouble, but then they have this soul, this intense thing about them that drags you in. James has that, from moment one I was drawn into the complexity of Nathan, because it was all there.

Instead of making Lucas complex they ping-ponged him between women, and turned him into a man-whore. Instead of Lucas being the tortured son, we could route for, Nathan was. We saw his pain, his torment, his search for happiness. They built a true love story with him enjoyable to most. Simply put the writers created Nathan, and James built him. He has "IT" and somewhere along the line they must have noticed because even through the lack of NH during hiatus, there was much Nathan progress. We got into his head, his heart, all the pain he continues to live through.

I adore NH more than anything on this show. But the next relationship that really grabs me is Nathan/Dan, and that's James and Paul. It's obviously that side of the Scott family that is being given depth, while the other side is kind of flailing. I love Keith, but it's obvious there hasn't been a lot of development there, certainly not as much as Dan. And we all know how far Lucas back slided

Yeah, so that was pretty long. Anyway, James is amazing, Nathan is amazing. You just can't replicate that, it's there or it isn't.

Whitney
Old 03-31-2004, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Still excited about the promos. I'm even more excited now than I was towards the end of the last hiatus and that one was so much longer. I just hope the promos deliver and we won't be let down like were were during the beach scenes which imo were much to short to be really satisfying.

Mal, perfect post on Nathan/James. To me his performance as Nathan is even now more remarkable because we've had the chances to witness Jame's own persona. And the two seem far removed from one another in alot of ways. And to me it's great because we get the best of both worlds, bad boy Nathan, shy, sweet James.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited JulieB ]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

i thought chad had that bad boy going on for him in gilmore girls , i loved him and his character.

here in lucas he is not able to bring that, cause lucas started as this goody two shoes who doles out advice to all and sundry...... from there when he does the bad boy thing , he comes out as selfish jerk
than have a complex character like nathan has.

my take" when Four *****ing fingers are pointing at you, u sure as hell can point one finger"
Old 03-31-2004, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

The only thing I really knew Chad from was DC, so it was kind of hard for me to buy into Lucas at first. That's partly my fault because I wasn't seeing past his usual typecasting. But I evenutally did and then the writers like Whit said decide to do this about face with him and to me it's just made him come off as very spoiled when he's the character that the writers obviously wanted us to emphasize at first with. Nathan in the meantime proved he had layers, many of them in fact and watching him evolve into this complex charcter has been much more satisfying then seeing Lucas want to have his cake and eat it too. I just wonder if the writers can salvage the mess they created with his storyline.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited JulieB ]
Old 03-31-2004, 05:34 PM
Total Fan

Very well said Mal, Whitney, and Julie I couldn't agree more! I love how we get to see (what used to be) bad boy Nathan, and then an incredibly sweet, shy James. That boy gots skillz! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I forget who brought this up to begin with... maybe Tammy? But I do agree that the NH kiss that we see in the promo is from a hotel room, or inleast I hope.
I can't wait until April 6th and 10th! It's going to be a great big OTH and hopefully NH week. I really hope that they show some James/Joie on MTV's Diary. Then we can see how really close they are off set.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

Lucy, I'm thinking it's from the hotel as well. And from the lighting (unless that was produced by the promo department lol) it looks like maybe they went somewhere a little dark and secluded for some much needed kissage.

I'm just so thrilled that we're finally getting some (and them as well LOL)

The question is, will it last longer than 5 seconds?
Old 03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

always

Old 03-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~DropsofJupiter~:
<STRONG>Part of the reason it works with Nathan and James is because of James's unique ability not necessarily Chad's lack thereof. James has the bad-boy-we-secretly-love quality about his work, you can't manufacture it in even the best of actors. It's either present or it's not.
For such a young and unexperienced actor James has quite impressively taken ahold of the core of Nathan and he hasn't budged. He's worked around that core but he never strays from it. We know that Nathan is confused, aching, deeply affected, competitive and eager to please those whom he cares about. And none of that changes. There is not one actor on the show that I think has a better hold on their character and that's why even including his a$$hole beginnings Nathan is hands down most people's favorite character on the show.[ 03-31-2004: </STRONG>
ITA. From the beginning Nathan's character attracted me the most. I've started watching this show because I was interested in the whole abandonment issue and after two episodes of Lucas I've got irritated, but my interest in Nathan grow more and more and of course I started loving the N/H ship.

Chemistry can't be written or manifactured (no matter how talentd the writers are)is simple matter of being there or not, and James and Bethany have IT!.

Quote:
But like Mal said some actors have that quality, and some do not. James has that inate bad boy charisma, that just turns you to goo. It's like you know they're bad, you know they could cause you tons of trouble, but then they have this soul, this intense thing about them that drags you in. James has that, from moment one I was drawn into the complexity of Nathan, because it was all there.
Vilandra, as usual I love your analysis of James/Nathan. I do agree that Nathan's character grabs you from the moment you see him, I meen he was just nasty in the beginning BUT you could see a depth of emotions (pain, anger, suffering, sarcasm, even his WIT) unusual in the stereotypical jock. I do think he (James) completly turned the jock cliche around.

The only thing that I hated in the beginning was his scenes with Peyton because I thought, well...I still think that they don't have the boyfriend/girlfriend chemistry (maybe as friends). But I now believed that they (N/P ship)serve as a contrast to the real ship of the show... N/H.

I still don't know if the writers knew how much chemistry James could have with Bethany (my guess is they didn't) but from the moment they shared a scene together you could actually see the sparks. Kudos for the writers for keeping them together, let's hope they don't screw this up!

ITA with the the one who said Nathan does smile and laughs when he's with Haley. I don't think he even cracked a smile Peyton.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by JulieB:
<STRONG>Lucy, I'm thinking it's from the hotel as well. And from the lighting (unless that was produced by the promo department lol) it looks like maybe they went somewhere a little dark and secluded for some much needed kissage.

I'm just so thrilled that we're finally getting some (and them as well LOL)

The question is, will it last longer than 5 seconds?</STRONG>
I think were on to something... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I'm almost positive they are in a hotel room. I know, it's great to see The WB actually promoting NH! I really hope that it is longer than 5 seconds, but if it is that 5 seconds is pretty hot.
I'm listening to "The Reason" I heart that song so much, and it is such a good NH song.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

i am so glad the wb promo dept is pimping N/H
at last they have realised where the majority of the fan base is.

and they r promoting N a lot more now,
in some previews L is only in one shot.

Old 03-31-2004, 06:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

We need a Naley scene where she is not apologizing for his parents and his messed up family life. We need them to kiss and hug and act 16 and have a 16 year old relationship.

Peyton and Lucas-The new Bonnie and Clyde

I'll miss you Michael and Daniella
Old 03-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey guys- I started a new fan fic- For Love & Basketball- go check it out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] If u click my link below- it'll take u to my other fic. Just click on Nathan & Haley up top of that- and you should see my other fic! If you have time- check it out [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Closed Thread   Post New Thread