Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

where is everyone???? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Old 03-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Master Fan

Beautiful lyrics, Ally. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

In addition to what Mal and Whit had to say, there really is something just so uniquely appealing to Nathan, and yeah part of it is because he has the bad boy thing (with a sensitive side reserved only for Haley) down pat, but I think in a broader sense its that he becomes this larger than life entity (yes, I *meant* to make a height reference there) but its like when Haley is in his arms she kinda gets lost in there, but the best part is she's both lost and found at the same time. I just heart them so. (and after watching the OC, where none!! of the couples appeal to me at all anymore save Kirsten and Sandy LOL, I'm glad to death that I have THIS show!)
Old 03-31-2004, 10:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Evening all! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Classes are a biatch...But then I get to come here and see all the pretty things you guys wrote about Nathan! That made my day so much better...

xoxo
Brittany

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 03-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
because he has the bad boy thing (with a sensitive side reserved only for Haley) down pat,
And the sensitive side is not in a way that makes him seem two-faced or fake when his hard side comes out with everybody else. James and the writers have done a good job of showing us that Haley is different and Nathan's relationship with Haley is unlike any other relationship he has or had or will have. Haley gets the unguarded version of Nathan because it's with her that he feels safe being his most vulnerable. Everybody else gets the version of Nathan that has been hurt and is guarded but he's still Nathan. Behind all the anger and the looks and the smart-mouth he's still the same person that loves Haley so tenderly. It's always there just below the surface waiting for somebody else in his life besides Haley to do something to deserve it.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hey guys! Hi friend, Gimp, & Mrs. Schwahn! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I'm here and I'll be here for a while. I'm writing a paper, so I'll be burning the midnight oil with you guys! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Whoo! James got his own board. That's cute!

They replayed Sunday's promo and the N/H kiss promo tonight during Smallville.

Is it April 6th yet? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Total Fan

Speaking of the N/H kiss, it's been waaaaay too long since I've seen it. I'm off to watch. And then maybe I'll come back and do another analysis of the promo like I did last time. Because lord knows if I should be studying I'll find a way to do anything but.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited ~DropsofJupiter~ ]
Old 03-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~DropsofJupiter~:
<STRONG> Because lord knows if I should be studying I'll find a way to do anything but.</STRONG>
I tend to do that too...I think procrastination is a requirement in college. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:20 PM
Master Fan

Exactly Nathan is Nathan, Haley just brings out a different side to him. She instills a deep trust in him, that no one else does. He knows she will be there for him, she's proved that to him, when she really had no reason to have faith in him, she did. She followed her heart and risked a lot to be with him, and I think Nathan see's that. He see's how she looks at him, and he feels special because of it. It's like he see's himself through her eyes, and he likes that person. But that doesn't take away from all the walls that he's built up, he has a jerky side, he has deep anger issues, he's been in pain for most of his life to cause all of these troubles, no one else has inspired such faith in him, so they're greeted with that side of him.

Like Mal said, Nathan is very intuitive, he gets things that other people don't. He see's things for what they are, and he doesn't hold back. And I love the boy for it.

Whitney
Old 03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Total Fan

So. cute.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited ~DropsofJupiter~ ]
Old 03-31-2004, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

I also love the fact that Haley not only brings out the softer side of him. She has the power to turn him into complete giddiness. If that's not love I don't know what is.

Eidted to say thanks for the caps Mal. I still remember holding my breath during that scene. lol

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited JulieB ]
Old 03-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Mal - I'm totally adding to your caps...

Hee! I love that scene...

xoxo
Brittany

H.S. + N.S.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
She has the power to turn him into complete giddiness.
I love that Julie! *sigh* She does have such power over him.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:39 PM
Extreme Fan

The boy is definitely whipped! I wonder if he has realized that yet?

Mandie*
A girl asked a boy if she was pretty. He said no. She asked him if he wanted to be with her forever. He said no. She then asked him if he would cry if she walked away. He again said no. She had heard too much. She needed to leave. As she walked away, he grabbed her arm and told her to stay. He said, "You're not pretty, you're beautiful, I don't want to be with you forever, I need to be with you forever. And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die. ~Anonymous

It just is...-Cameron & Nikki

It's getting less complicated-Bradin & Callie

Baller Girl #3
Old 03-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

i saw O.C marissa is the most selfish bitch and ryan most blind and intrusive person

my take" when Four *****ing fingers are pointing at you, u sure as hell can point one finger"
Old 03-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

She does have the power, I agree. I was telling Tammy this earlier because she brought up the fact that Nathan has been able to laugh and even giggle around Haley and he never had that with Peyton. And it's so true. And it's so great to see him like that with Haley yet still retain Nathan's edge around everyone else.

edited to say of course this brings up the question, did he ever have that with Peyton? Even early on? A part of me is still sort of curious about their relationship in so many ways. Basically from a "how far have they come" standpoint.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited JulieB ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread