Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

omg this episode TOTALLY lacked n/h, it wasn't the greatest of episodes i would say, but i just keep telling myself more scenes are coming!

i love how haley says she wants to try so many things she's never done, and nathan jokes about "fooling around with him...and teaching her snowboarding TOO"! i was cracking up cuz i was like: That a boy nathan, wanting to teach your girlfriend how to fool around as well as snowboard!

can't they hug a little longer?! that was adorable!!! he had such a cute face!!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

like nathan i too dont want haley to change ...its nice she being pretty and all...
but i miss the haley who used to wear those funky shirts and was attractive in a different way ,.... not this pretty version

my take" when Four *****ing fingers are pointing at you, u sure as hell can point one finger"
Old 02-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dewrays:
<STRONG>kayley i am soo sorry abt ur test.

err a dumb ques
*keeper of Nathan Scott's BUTT and PACKAGE!!!*

by package do u mean " the package"
and oohh can i keep his butt</STRONG>
i just read this post lol! yes, by package, i do mean his manhood [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] !!!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 01:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:
<STRONG>Linda~ Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I'll do the quotes from CCiPC on through tonight's episode for Unexpected. My spring break starts on Friday, so I'll have plenty of time to help you out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oooh, yay!! Thank you so much!! I hate doing quotes, it's like play, pause, type, play, pause, type, blah blah blah.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Some thoughts in the morning light:

Singing and pictures: I thought it was nice trying to incorporate BJL and SB's real passions into their characters - the singing and the scrapbooking...

NH/Changing - I didn't take Nathan's reference to Haley not needing to change as him not wanting her to change...I thought it was more about not wanting her to feel she needs to be anyone other than herself with him...Yeah, Nathan doesn't want to rock this boat! He showed he wasn't opposed to her making changes by appreciating her outfit, offer his teaching services and later asking to hear her sing....He knows how important she is to him - but I think he may be skittish on his importance to her....

I also think that Nathan is still keeping a lot of what is happening inside himself (still internalizing)....Tonight, I almost got the feeling that he trys to seperate the bad part (WWIII) and the good (Haley)....

Passion - it is underlying between these two, but it is there....He wants her and she wants him - once the focus can shift from the battle and these two can focus on the relationship, I think it will explode! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oklay, I'm off to work.... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Good morning to any EarlyBirds out there. [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Last night's eppies was pretty good. I adore that she sang to him; if only we got a little scene where he thanked her or something. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

We still have the old Nathan in there. He showed it when he kiddingly asked her to fool around with him (if only they did [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ).
Old 02-25-2004, 07:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Good Mornin' Earlybirders!! [img]smilies/yawn.gif[/img]
How happy am I now??? I'm like a giddy lil' school girl... Jerilee posted the 2 scenes w/ NH already- so I was able to see them!!! And can I just say- AAAAWWWWWW. I know what you guys were talk'n about- she looked so gorgeous, & the last scene w/ them was just aaaaaawwww. That's all I can say, lol!!!

So, neways.... eeek, I'm just so happy I got to see that now haha
Hope everyone has a good mornin'!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Old 02-25-2004, 08:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Morning all! The most of the Earlybirds must be sleeping in. Morning Becca, Southside, and Lauren.

[/b]Whitney[/b], I read your post and understand where you are coming from. I don't find your theory implausible. It's just, hmm... how should I articulate this, N/H seem to me to be more like friends who kiss sometimes. Don't get me wrong. I love the couple and want them together. They definately have a deep bond despite the fact that they haven't been together for more than 6 weeks or so. I know Nathan is dealing with very heavy stuff now. That's why I would think that he would need to "escape" with Haley even more. To shut out the world he can't control and create a world with her where he's happy. I would think he would need to be held even more now and seek solace with her. I just haven't been getting that vibe from the scenes they've had together lately. Maybe next episode where everything apparently hits the fan.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-25-2004, 08:40 AM
Supreme Fan

Little Things- I loved: Nathan looking Haley up and down and noticing the new clothes; Haley tugging on Nathan's jacket when she said "that depends" with her little flirty look; how (for now) her singing will be something just between the two of them....

Elizabeth - Curious: Reading how you fell about "just friends that kiss" vibe...What did you think of Haley's advice to Brooke on how to be a friend to Lucas "Just do what you have been doing without the sex..."?

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited Bgirloth1 ]
Old 02-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bgirloth1:
<STRONG>Little Things- I loved: Nathan looking Haley up and down and noticing the new clothes; Haley tugging on Nathan's jacket when she said "that depends" with her little flirty look; how (for now) her singing will be something just between the two of them....

Elizabeth - Curious: Reading how you fell about "just friends that kiss" vibe...What did you think of Haley's advice to Brooke on how to be a friend to Lucas "Just do what you have been doing without the sex..."?

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited Bgirloth1 ]</STRONG>
Well, I think that's how Haley relates to Lucas except that she doesn't even want to have sex with him. Brooke still wants to so it will be hard for her to be friends with him. Of course, now that she's knows he was stepping out with Peyton, she probably doesn't even want to be friends with him. BTW, that was like the first confirmation we've had that Lucas and Brooke has sex.

Don't get me wrong. You all know I love Nathan and Haley together. It's just that something has been missing for me when I saw them in last nights episode. I've got to watch it again and see if I get the same vibe. Maybe it's not even the lack of make-out scenes. I just want to see them hold each other for more than 2 seconds. Come on, their in love even if they haven't said it yet.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-25-2004, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

New to this thread, I just wanted to stop in with my support for Nathan and Haley... As Chandler from friends would say--
"Are they the cutest?"
"I think they might just be!"
lol

vote Jonathan Groff. All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:50 AM
Master Fan

Welcome to the thread Beckhamsgrl. Anyone who loves David Beckham and uses Chandler quotes to describe NH is very cool in my book!

I'm going on two hours of sleep here, so I have no idea if what I'm going to say about the episode will be coherent at all, but I'm going to try anyway. I have heard/read everyone's opinion, and as per usual we discussed the episode to new limits last night, but I'm still gonna say a few things.

Now, I know a lot of you didn't like the episode, but since 9 last night I've watched the episode in its entirety about 6 times. LOL. Yes, that is what I get for not sleeping at all, and for needing something to distract me from homework at points, but the point is, I enjoyed (most of it) each time, otherwise I couldn't have watched it. And I think the reason is, I went into the episode knowing it was going to be filler, and knowing that it was going to be Luke's reaction to what happened the week before, and people's reactions to Luke, and therefore I had no qualms about seeing that on screen. Sure, I wanted to smack the spineless jellyfish a few times, and for half a second I wanted to hug Brooke, and another NH scene would have been greatly appreciated, but on the all, I thought it was a pretty interesting way to move the plot forward.

The triangle is very much combusted now, and I not only like that fact, but I like the way it went down. Luke is going to continue to be a man-whore, but he will be doing it alone, and this is going to make him miserable, and I am fully going to enjoy every second of watching him wallow (if I have to suffer seeing him on TV - and we're not as lucky as having him just disappear ala Dawson seasons 5,6) then I'd like to watch him totally get *****ted on by the people he loves most.

I also liked how Peyton was portrayed, because I actually thought it was pretty accurately done. I mean, I know when I was 16, you can totally be torn between boys and friends, and its not always as simple as just saying "hos over bros" especially for someone who lost their mother, is constantly abandoned by her father, and is longing for love...the type of love Lucas claimed he would give her. BUT, I like in this episode that the guilt becomes too much for her, and that in the end she chooses Brooke (and like Susan said), its just too late...I kinda thought that was craftily done.

I could have done without any and all Deb interraction. I can't stand her, sorry all Deb fans. I know she's trying to do the best for Nathan, but if you have a secret to hide and its going to cause you your son, you don't let it get to the point where it becomes a threat. The best part was though how Nathan went to be with Dan, not because he wanted to BE with Dan like I thought he would, but because he wanted to keep his mother protected. I've said this before and I'll say it again, Nathan is so classy.

We got what, two NH scenes. I kept hoping we'd see more, but since I knew in my head this was a totally filler episode, I totally enjoyed what we got and hee a kissssses!

I'll throw my two cents about Haley singing...It kinda came out of no-where but I think its not a complete surprise when I really think about it. I mean she does claim in the first NH scene that she does it in private, which makes sense since she is a very private person, and that implies that it makes sense she might have talents that we as an audience are only being privy to seeing as time goes on. I also think, that since this episode was all about "ch-ch-changes" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (and that I think it only does make sense that Lucas's near-death experience reverberate somehow in her psyche) the fact that this 16 year old girl is trying different things is pretty probable. I mean, the fact that she made the leap and started dating Nathan in the first place shows that she has the capacity to go out into the unknown parts of herself and explore what happens when you let yourself change, and I think that the more she becomes friends with Peyton and Brooke, and the more she hangs out with other teenage girls (which she did not do in the first few episodes) it actually makes some sense that we see gradual changes within Haley...

Though, I just was dying to hear Joie sing, so of course I found it thrilling just for that reason alone, and I was totally surprised and excited...

Okay, I think that's all I have to say, until I remember there was a lot more and then I come back and b*tch at ya again [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] LOL.

Morning Early!Birds [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 09:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by veracity:
<STRONG>
BTW, that was like the first confirmation we've had that Lucas and Brooke has sex.
</STRONG>
Elizabeth - Lucas' "I can't do that for a while...sex" line confirmed it for me! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Haley's line just confirmed that she knew they were having sex...Can I get an EWWWW?! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Oh, I know you love the NH! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Morning Bekah! You crack me up! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm still a Deb lover - I am enjoying watching this "Ice Princess" melt... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited Bgirloth1 ]
Old 02-25-2004, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure if I liked last nights episode other than the N/H of course. It seemed like everything happend too quick though I'm happy that the "truth" is out for B/L/P. I really felt bad for Brooke, or somebody in her situation, that sucks being betrayed like that. And in the end for what, all 3 of them stayed alone anyway. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Definitely enjoyed N/H and finally a kiss between them two and initiated by Nathan. I also like when he noticed her new outfit and how she smacked his face, Nathan looked so cute reacting to that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Haley has a nice voice and surprised me that she sang, I love how Nathan was looking at her. So sweet! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Deb, can't imagine what her "past" is but is it worth losing her son over?

Keith/Karen, I see them trying again but not for a while.

Dan, an a*s like always! Wish someone would put him in his place... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Just rewatched the episode in its entirety..I watched the end scene with Joie singing about eighty times that's why I just rewatched the whole thing now. LOL. I just love to hear that girl sing..and I don't think it was out of character at all. My boyfriend asked me to do that for him before and I did. So, I liked that she did it. And you could so tell that's the point where Nathan was like 'Damn, I really love ths girl.' I mean, we all knew he loved her last week when he begged to take her to see Lucas and spilled his whole heart out to her but this week when he was sitting there, he was giving her the looks of love. He is definitely whipped..and that's OH SO GOOD.

This episode was just mediocre for me though. The adult interactions kinda sucked for me, except for Dan and Deb. I really liked the one scene where she wouldn't let him in. She sounded scared standing behind there and asking what he wanted. But I did crack up when I heard the whole "You're mother's on crack. She changed the locks on me." line. I thought that was hilarious. CRACK KILLS, CHILDREN!!!

But I think the Dan/Deb fights are getting a little played out. They just keep showing him going to her and getting rejected, and it's old news now. I think the writers need to step it up..either that or get Jennifer Cecil back on in there again.

When I was 16, I made some major changes to myself such as wardrobe and hair..I thought that was totally cool. As long as it's not her personality that is changing, I think it's great that she wants to experience new things. In my opinion thhough, she always dressed cute so I don't really see too much of a difference in the clothing besides the fact that the shirts she wore in this episode had NO LOGOS! I was kinda starting to like the logos too.. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Maybe this means and end to all those goofy hats?? Let us hope!!!

Lucas and a new whore... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Like we need anymore of that.

Brooke needs to get revenge. I feel so incredibly sorry for the girl, you have no idea.

Rant over.

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
Closed Thread   Post New Thread