Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

Well, I think the triangele has been drawn out way much longer than it should have. And even though it was (supposedly) ending tonight. It ruined most of the ep for me. I can't help it. Just my own opinion though.

And I'm not complaining about the lack of N/H, I've enjoyed most eps where we've barely seen them. That wasn't it. It just didn't seem like there was much progression past the "cute" stage".

I loved Joie's singing I really do, but I think the fact that I know she's a singer somehow made it seem weird to me.

Plus she just talked to Nathan about trying something new and she sings at the end like she's the complete "professional" that she is. I'm not trying to make anyone angry, but I think on this thread everyone has been pretty cool with everyone voicing their own opinions thus far. I have nothing against anyone being satisifed with tonight or anything that occurred in it. But I think I should be given the same regard.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover:
<STRONG>

Bekah, said this, and I want to bring it. Maybe Nathan isn't pushing anything physical with Haley(Sex) because thats when things went sour for PN, and he's scared to lose her. I think Nathan is terrified of change right now, he has no control over anything. So he wants Haley to just stay the same, he wants their relationship to stay solid. I think when the sex issue comes back up, we'll get more making out.
</STRONG>
Yeah, we were talking about this too. I just think Nathan doesn't want to screw up the most precious thing in the world to him. That's why he's being really careful. Hopefully, when the custody thing blows wide open, Haley will tell them she's not going anywhere and she's wants to be with him...all of him...especially in the full body sense. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I love how they are serious about each other. This is a real relationship and they are building it up to be each other's everything. I assume the writer's know what they are doing, because they wouldn't just throw the line "As thing with my parents get worse, they just get better with us" (or whatever it was) in for nothing. They are obviously going somewhere with it.

Julie~ You are able to have your own opinion. This is a very (I hope) democratic board. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I like the episode and you don't. That's fine! Totally. In fact, I love it when people don't like the same things I do. It just keeps things interesting. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited SusanXG ]
Old 02-24-2004, 10:38 PM
New Fan

Hi everyone--I won't get to see this eppy until Saturday b/c my idiot affiliate decided to play a stupid bball game instead, but did Deb reveal her secret yet, or did they just hint at it. And Lucas/Brooke had sex?! Is the WB's definition of sex making out in hot tubs?

JR: Well, last night we went to the Oil Baron's and we ran into that termite brother of yours!
Pamela: Are you talking to me?
JR: Anyone else in here gotta termite for a brother?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Ok, I have tons of thoughts on this ep, but I gotta go get a shower, so for now I just wanna say I agree w/ those who felt the ep was kinda off. It was actually kinda depressing me cuz it just didn't feel like the same OTH.

And BJL is a great singer, but I would much rather have gotten a scene w/ NH talking (or kissing). At least we got a kiss for god's sakes! small as it was. I'm not a big fan of all the singing either, that's what mtv is for. And whoever said it was odd that Haley was thinking of trying something "new" like singing and then all professional at the end, I'm so w/ ya! I was like wth, guess she practiced a lot that week. I just don't know about the new Haley, I liked the old one-although I love the clothes and hair, she really looked great tonite! But yeah, some of it seemed out of character to me.

Ok, before I get into everything else i wanna say I'm gonna make myself stop this post now. Oh yeah, anyone else notice the weird camera work at the beginning of the ep?What was w/ that?

When did we lose our way? Consumed by the shadows, swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name? Is it your name?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Banned

Hey! I totally loved the Naley in this episode, even though there was so little. She's the most important thing in his life [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] and she was able to help him with the court stuff. It was so sweet....I think I might start posting here regularly now. (Yeah right, we'll see how long that lasts. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )

I had no idea that Joie was a singer, but I did think it was a little suspicious that they made her look professional. I loved the song she sang though.

Also I know this is like a million years too late and I can't even remember who said that Nookie is a P/J term but hi [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I had NEVER heard of Project Nookie or Project Soulmates before reading that P/J-D/J debate thread that's going on right now. Sorry. [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

Susan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I was just afraid of this thread turning into a place where we wouldn't be comfortable posting our true opinions. For the record, this was actually the first ep that I was overly unsatisifed with, well since the beginning of the season. And I just wanted to be able to put that out there. And the fact that it had nothing to do with the N/H content really. My biased towards them, for the first time, had nothing to do with it.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by JulieB:
<STRONG>Susan [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I was just afraid of this thread turning into a place where we wouldn't be comfortable posting our true opinions. For the record, this was actually the first ep that I was overly unsatisifed with, well since the beginning of the season. And I just wanted to be able to put that out there. And the fact that it had nothing to do with the N/H content really. My biased towards them, for the first time, had nothing to do with it.</STRONG>
Julie, don't worry. It's not like we're living in Vichy France. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] (Bonus points if people get my reference [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 02-24-2004, 11:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

Okay I'm just going to comment on the N/H stuff because most of the episode didn't really interest me. Although I was happy to see Lucas sad at the end he deserves to be alone.

The first scene: I loved that Nathan noticed her new outfit and I would have loved a little bit of making out especially when Nathan said about Haley's new change including fooling around with him. Couldn't we have gotten a making out scene then? I mean come on why won't the writers let N/H be a little sexual with one another.

The second scene: Thank god we finally got a kiss. Yeah it wasn't that long but at least we got one so I'm thankful. It was cute that he said he wanted to live in the moment with her and I loved that he asked her to sing for him. I just loved how he watched her and BJL is a great singer. Yeah, singing is an extroverted thing but at least there branching Haley out from just being the smart girl.

hugs,
Denise
Old 02-24-2004, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys! Good episode tonight. Not the best, but ok. I thought all the N/H scenes were great though. I was kinda expecting them to still be a little on the outs, but it's great that they are the same as always. And we finally got our kiss. It was so worth it. I love BJL's voice. She is such a talented singer. Does anyone know if she wrote the song that she sung. It was beautiful. I absolutely loved that Nathan wanted to see/hear her sing. And everything he said to her about thank god she is there and that he wants to live in the moment with her, were wonderful. Nathan is just too cute for words. I didn't really take what she said about trying new things as singing as she didn't know how. She said that she does it when no one is around. Meaning she could spend a lot of time on it, but she never lets anyone hear her. I know people who don't ever sing in public, but they can belt out a song like Whitney Houston. I didn't think that was that crazy. Oh yeah, and I love that Jake is going to be working at the cafe. That means we will see a lot more of him. Well, night guys. I am off to watch it again and see what I missed.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:09 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked this episode. It wasnt spectacular, but it did itself justice.

Jake! - Okay, starting here because I. Love. This. Boy. I really really do. I'm so excited that they are incorporating him into more so that I don't have to wish and pray that he won't disappear for episodes at a time. I love that he was *almost* prominently displayed in this episode. Now, go get with Peyton and I can be happy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The Dreaded Triangle - I love that we got to learn more about Brooke and Peyton's friendship, how it started, etc. IMO, P/L look like brother and sister. I got the shivers just looking at them going at it...yuck. Um, I do not think the triangle is over yet...I don't know, it might just be me, but I think we'll be seeing it again. I thought Sophia's acting was superb...really. She did awesome with the B/P scene at the end. P.S Lucas is an asshat, but more on that later.

Karen - I think that this was a great Karen episode. She was all over the place and she pulled it off well. K/Brooke: I love that they are bonding. I love that she sees how much Brooke cares (cared?) about her son. I love that she tried to talk to Lucas what he was doing to her. K/Jake!: Double AWWW!!! The crib thing was so sweet. Helping him out with a job at the cafe was awesome...She remembers what it is like to be in that position...K/Keith: I understand where she is coming from, but I still feel for Keith, I do...we'll see where this goes. All in all, thumbs up to Karen.

Dan/Deb - Let's get ready to RUMBLLLLLLE! I thought the scene where they were talking through the door was very symbolic and all that. Things are starting to heat up and I'm scared of where it's gonna go...What the hell is Deb hiding?!?! I'm starting to get aggravated damnit!

LucAss - Um, yeah...He honestly has no other tactics when being confronted than to attack the other person. He did the same thing to Karen that he did to Haley two episodes ago. Hey SaintLuke, where'd your halo go? I almost miss it...But I guess it's true what they say, Like Father, Like Son...

Nathan/Haley - Triple Aw! Okay, the smooch finally happened! It wasn't huge, but it was there...that was all I asked for. I loved that he noticed her new outfit and that she helped him "find his rights." Very cute. When Haley first started singing I was like, "Yeah, ok whatever." But she has a really good voice and I loved that song. I like how they used her singing for the montage at the end.

ETA: Okay, so apparently in all of the times that I have seen the past episodes I missed the Luke/Brooke sex? How did that happen lol?

Favorite quotes of the episode so far...
"How great is it that Dad has an off button now?"

"I still have a spleen."

"Your mother's on crack."

"And now I don't care if I see either one of you again."

[ 02-24-2004: Message edited HisGirlFriday ]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 02-24-2004, 11:17 PM
Loyal Fan

This'll probably be my last post until next Tues., so be patient.

About Nathan not wanting Haley to change, I'm going to have to agree with you guys and say it's because everything in his life is changing and he wants her to be the one stable thing in his life. I'll take this a step further though and say that he's scared for her to change. Everything in his life right now has been out of his control, including Haley. He knows he can't tell her what to do; she's going to do what she sees fit. So, there is always the lingering thought for him of if she'll change and if she does, will it be in a direction that doesn't include him. I've personally seen a lot of changes going on with Haley recently and I see her changes finally coming to the point where it does really and truly affect their relationship. I'm just anxious to see how Nathan will handle it and if the relationship can survive it.

I want to see N/H act like 16-year-olds with the physical stuff going on and all. But, there's not room in the story for it right now. *Warning: this is where the film major in me comes out* This season has progressed so quickly as far as story arcs and character development goes. Granted, the love triangle is tiresome and boring, but realistically it's been dealt with fairly quickly compared to other TV relationships (see Clana-Season 2 of Smallville). And, it's actually served a purpose: we get to see how much of an ass Luke can be and we get to see Brooke has actual human feelings. Anyway, writers are gonna have to save things for later and just let one lead arc shine through in an episode. Otherwise, ideas are run through pretty quickly. Right now, in the teen relationship dept. of OTH, the focus is PLB. Before this, we got a lot of N/H. And, it was good. Really good. They got to a major turning point, and now, it's just coast time for them. With all of the "turmoil" of PLB, it's good to have N/H for stability and groundedness (is that a word?). We still get development, but we don't have major knock-down, drag-out fights or big emotional (read: love) revelations. There's balance with these two relationships. We're nearing an end of the triangle saga, so hopefully some N/H will be brought to the forefront again while PLB just do their background thing.

Now onto the episode:

I felt like the ep was 60% waste. One word to describe it: whee. Not in the Whee!!! way, just whee. I don't know why. It makes sense in my head though. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Peyton: You don't not show up at the hospital to see somebody because it's hard on you. How about the person in a coma? I'm sure it's a lot worse for them to be in the freakin coma! You can say all you want how hard it was for you to not know, but Luke just might've been hurt by the fact that you didn't visit him at all. Not even a phone call. The thing is, I was maybe starting to like you after your dad came around. Then, he doesn't show back up and you treat your best friend like crap and lie to her face. Blech. Oh, and stop talking about your mom. I realize, it's hard. But every single episode? Granted, sometimes other people bring it up, but please don't turn into Lana. If you do, I will give up on you forever, even if you do end up with Jake.

Luke: You're a dillhole. Plain and simple. You and Dan deserve each other. How about you go live in beach house hell and my Nate can go be with sweet Karen? Oh, and why am I not surprised by the new girl? I have my theories, and they're not good for you. But, they're good for the show, so there!

Deb: Stop trying to convert Nate to the "Dan Is Pure Evil Club." Granted, he is The Evil, but boys need to know their father is there, no matter how much they treat them like crap. Like it or not, Dan is Nate's hero in a way. Dan taught him b-ball, gave him the attention he must've wanted when he was younger. That stays with a kid for life no matter what they do. It's not always right, but it's still there. Oh, and since when did "I'll stab you in your sleep" become a figure of speech? I never got the memo. But, I'll be sure to have my friend try that the next time she has to defend a guy on murder charges.

Dan: You still hold the title of "World's Greatest Asshat!" Congrats.

Nate: Dont' lean to hard on Haley. She's there for you, of course, but you've got to learn at some point to stand on your own two feet here. Also, realize people change, even when you don't want them to. Learn to roll with it and you'll be all the better.

Haley: You're so pretty. And you have a pretty voice, just don't sing on the show ever again. It's irky. Oh, and the helping out Brooke thing, that's very good. Do more of that. She'll become a better person, and maybe you'll get rid of all your tea cozies.

Other thoughts:

Karen/Jake! Yea! I want to see some bonding over some International Coffees.

Karen/Brooke! Yea! I want to see some bonding over International Coffees. And UHU Glue.

Time in this ep wasn't quite so bad, but do these kids ever go to school? I mean, really. At least throw in an obligatory outside-of-the-school or in-the-hallway shot. Come on.

Yeah, I think that's it from me.

Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
Floyd Dell
Old 02-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

LucASS! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] That is so, so great. I'm going to use that from now on. He's such a man-whore. I hope someone has the courtesy to tell him that.

And about Haley singing? Well, maybe she just had alot of practice in the shower. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I don't know. I can't sing to save my life.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Well, she did say she sings when no one else is around...so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

I guess it was just so unexpected, especially just coming off her convo with Nathan at the beginning it just kind of freaked me out.

But I'm happy for Joie getting to showcase that beautiful voice.
Old 02-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, I got the impression maybe she was trying to downplay how much she sang, you know, not wanting to brag or compliment herself or something. That's just my opinion.

Also, I had it on closed captioning, and when she said "singing" it said "hang gliding" on my screen. Don't really know if that has anything to do with anything, but I thought it was kinda interesting.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:17 AM
Moderator Support Team

Linda~ Hey! I just wanted to let you know that I'll do the quotes from CCiPC on through tonight's episode for Unexpected. My spring break starts on Friday, so I'll have plenty of time to help you out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]