Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 02:29 PM
Jay
Master Fan

ok..i have come to two conclusions as to why there is a lack of N/H kissage, it could be either one of them.

1) James is still sick..not that much..but taking as a preventive caution in not getting Joie sick...therefore due to lack of N/H kissage or short kisses.

2)James' real-life girlfriend probably has an issue of him kissing Joie on-screen...if so...that's why no making out, just few kisses. or it could be that James doesn't want to make out with Joie 'cause he has a g/f. whatever [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

but i like to see Joie/james hook up in real life. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

haley sang well..i thought she would have an angelic voice but that's not the case. she has a smooth deep voice. but the song was lovely. even thought there were only two scenes...it was good to see them connect again and how nate noticed haley's new outfit...how great was that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bgirloth1:

Who called that Lucas would start on K/K next?! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img][/QB]
DUDE, when he started in on that, I totally started laughing because he totally called it!
Old 02-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10:
<STRONG>
2)James' real-life girlfriend probably has an issue of him kissing Joie on-screen...if so...that's why no making out, just few kisses. or it could be that James doesn't want to make out with Joie 'cause he has a g/f. whatever [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
I had thought that might be the reason for a second but on TRL Chad said that James thanked one of the writers when he got to kiss Hilarie so that probably can't be the reason. Whatever is causing the lack the of NH kissing scenes I hope it ends soon and they get more steamy kisses like they did in the hallway, her bedroom the first time and at the beach because they are starting to come across as friends then a couple. If Nathan hadn't have told Haley that he was crushed out on her and told Lucas and Peyton how he felt about her and her previous confession to Lucas about having a crush on Nathan I would be starting to believe that they don't have any romantic feelings for each other.

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited NathanHaleyLucasFan ]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_10:
<STRONG>ok..i have come to two conclusions as to why there is a lack of N/H kissage, it could be either one of them.

1) James is still sick..not that much..but taking as a preventive caution in not getting Joie sick...therefore due to lack of N/H kissage or short kisses.

</STRONG>

Well in response to your comments:

1) I don't think James was sick anymore. He was sick before Christmas when they were shooting CCiPC and HBaM. They had two weeks off, so I'm sure he more than got over it.

2) That shouldn't matter. They both signed contracts and that's like rule #1 for acting- you're probably going to have to kiss people. Besides, if James' gf can't handle it, then maybe she shouldn't be dating an actor. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Honestly, I think they've toned it down on purpose (working with James' sickness), so it could just totally explode in later episodes. They are building it up. Whoever said that Haley was starting to open up to him was right. He's probably scared to get overly physical with the most precious thing to him and he doesn't want to scare her away. Hopefully, Haley will quell his fears. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by SusanXG:
<STRONG>
He's probably scared to get overly physical with the most precious thing to him and he doesn't want to scare her away. Hopefully, Haley will quell his fears. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
One more shirtless Nathan dream and Haley will be all over him! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I bet Nathan would be quite pleased to hear about that dream! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I totally forgot that Sophia scrapbooks! When I was watching the singing scene, I was like okay, BJL sings so that's why Haley was singing. I can't believe I forgot that SB scrapbooks...that's awesome that they're incorporating those things.

On another note, when Karen goes to talk to LucAss at the River court, I was like, Damn! Moira looked a lot older when she was pregnant. She now looks like she could be one of the girls that LucAss will inevitably hookup with...and that's just wrong [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

It has been said that we need just three things in life: Something to do, something to look forward to, and someone to love.

H.S. + N.S.
And it needs you too much now <3

Old 02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Addicted Fan

i agree with moira, she definately looks like she could pass being in her early 20's in the show.. im excited about next week, especially nathan and deb stuff, that promo makes me wonder...

anyways, mandie, i hope you dont mind me snagging an avi.. i can never figure out how to make them

Izzie/Alex :: Logan/Veronica :: Jim/Pam :: Nathan/Haley

Old 02-25-2004, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

happy wednesday everyone!

wow, what a day of posting. enjoyed reading everyone's musings. quickly, my two cents about people's differing opinions: part of the reason i was drawn to be a part of this community is the thoughtful discussion that is always generated by everyone about the show. I am proud that we agree to agree AND to disagree! that IS the nature of a "Fan Forum", n'est-ce pas?

i'm not surprised that this particular eppy had more varying opinions than most others though. but that's what makes this so much fun!

so, generally i've been doing a lot of nodding and laughing while reading the thread, so i'll just throw in a few of my own tidbits:

i'm with Bekah; i was expecting this as more of a "filler" eppy, after something as intense as ISB. also, since CMM did virtually no acting last week, i expected as much that N/H would get put on the "backburner" and the world would go back to revolving around walking-talking-brooding!Lucas this week. so somehow i wasn't as "disappointed" as some.

LukASS: ok, now i think i officially hate Lucas even more than i do Dan. don't get me wrong, i ABHOR Dan, but he knows he is a butthole and he flaunts it. Lucas is a clueless butthole in disguise. he cannot be wrong in his own eyes. when Haley called him on his crappy behavior in HBAM, he threw it back in her face, accusing her of being the one making mistakes. and he did again to Karen in SEHC. how DARE you lecture your own mother? shame on you, young man! it really looks like Brooke is going to give him a piece of her mind next week, and if he pulls this self-righteous crap again with her of all people, i will hurl everything within my arm's reach at the TV screen.

Deb/Dan: blood is going to be spilled. poor Nathan. i too wouldn't want to live with either of them. Deb truly blew it this week for me: screening calls, changing the locks, the pleading with Nathan -- a desperate woman. all she needed to do was fess up to her only son, and she could have spared Nathan and all of us. big time choke. hopefully we'll get resolution next week, and some great acting from James.

Jake: i love the whole bonding thing with Karen. did anyone else think at first he was going to ask Lucas about Peyton's dating status rather than a job at the cafe?

Brooke: i loved the whole mall scene with the 3 girls, but sophia was truly amazing. god, my heart was breaking for her! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i think it had the same effect on BJL; Haley looked like she was about to cry too, listening to Brooke. and also, when did Brooke get all New Agey? Feng shui on lucas's bedroom, herbal healing tea? LOL.

Haley: my deep girl! god bless her! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] "The heart wants what it wants". * "Knowledge is power." * "I'm always here." * "Living in the moment."

Nathan/Haley: loved all of it, what little of it. and even though we are all biased [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], by far they were the best, most uplifting part of a downer eppy. for the record, i interpreted N asking H to sing for her as another example of what they CONSTANTLY do: bring out the most beautiful (sometimes hidden) parts of each other. to me, they are peeling away each other's layers and discovering the richness inherent thru their love. i look forward to their "branching out" together. it looks like the writers are going to give us a really slow N/H build, and the ILYs and the first time issue will be further grown after hiatus, which is totally OK with ME! i'll be able to sleep at night.

one of my fave moments:
Haley: I don't know; there's a lot of stuff that I wanted to try that I never did.
Nathan: Like fooling around with me?
Then the cheek slap! I LOOOOOOOOOVED the cheek slap! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 02-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Absolute Fan

I also felt that there was something missing between N/H in the past couple of eppies. It's not just the lack of kissage, it's more like too much comformity. In some ships, I find it more exciting when a couple tries to get together rather than the actual relationship. Unfortunately, for these ships, I begin to lose interest and start to resent them. I am praying this does not happen to N/H.

Don't get me wrong; they're not boring, but the spark that they had before seems a little dimmer. I still adore this couple, but I don't know.

I make no sense. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 03:58 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by HisGirlFriday:
<STRONG>

On another note, when Karen goes to talk to LucAss at the River court, I was like, Damn! Moira looked a lot older when she was pregnant. She now looks like she could be one of the girls that LucAss will inevitably hookup with...and that's just wrong [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG>

EWW! That's just wrong. Moira looks good, but I don't think LucASS would ever go after his mom. I mean this isn't a daytime soap. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by catchmenow:
<STRONG>

Nathan/Haley: loved all of it, what little of it. and even though we are all biased [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], by far they were the best, most uplifting part of a downer eppy. for the record, i interpreted N asking H to sing for her as another example of what they CONSTANTLY do: bring out the most beautiful (sometimes hidden) parts of each other. to me, they are peeling away each other's layers and discovering the richness inherent thru their love. i look forward to their "branching out" together. it looks like the writers are going to give us a really slow N/H build, and the ILYs and the first time issue will be further grown after hiatus, which is totally OK with ME! i'll be able to sleep at night.

</STRONG>

Amy - This was just so well put! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Amy, love...

Quote:
Jake: i love the whole bonding thing with Karen. did anyone else think at first he was going to ask Lucas about Peyton's dating status rather than a job at the cafe?
Dude, when he first said he had to talk to him about something, I yelled out loud "OMG" and my roommie was like, "what?" and then I waited for him to ask about Peyton and when he didn't, I turned to her and was like "OH, I thought he was going to say about Peyton." I'm so glad I'm not the only one, and I'm not surprised it was you who mentioned it buddy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

That's so funny because I thought the exact same thing! I was like "Oh no, he's gonna ask about Peyton and Luke's gonna get pissed!" Sadly, I was mistaken.

Those of you who are spoiled, please PM me because I need to speak to you about something..kind of voice an opinion. LOL.

This was the only time I read a spoiler...It's about the next eppie so please PM me if you get a chance!

Nathan/Haley, Brooke/Lucas, Jude/Tommy, Spencer/Ashley
Old 02-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Becca,(with an "A") aw shucks. thanks. you and i were on the same wavelength last night after the eppy; i was typing a post with the song lyrics as you were posting them!

Bekah,(with an "H") LOL. not surprised, huh? neither am i. i was sooo disappointed; he so obviously likes her. but now that the stoopid triangle is combusto, [img]smilies/cheers.gif[/img] bring it on! peyton, you deserve someone who is going to sing all that fabulous angst rock for you in the flesh; put your turntable away and make room for Jake! i just think they'd be fabulous together, plus it would totally piss off lucas as an added bonus.

ETA, Buddy, BTW, what asana did you fall out of earlier???? are you ok? i'm thinkin' maybe tomorrow for your package! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited catchmenow ]
Amy 3 ~ Baller Girl #4 ~ Rock the legal cradle of love

Hallelujah Baby, until you are nothing. * Hallelujah Baby, until she is everywhere. * Hallelujah, till together you are somewhere... at last * Hallelujah, hallelujah.

you my love are allowed to have time ~ you my love are allowed to understand ~ you my love are allowed to love ~ woman disobey, little man believe ~ you my love are a rebellion.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Total Fan

Hi! I really hope that we get some scenes with Haley telling Nathan how much he means to her. Not that she really needs to say it, cause we all know that he's everything to her, but it would be great if we could here it from her... u know?