Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2008, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Luke's word has meant nothing for a longgggggggggggggg time.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

I thought that this was a very well done episode that showcased the characters and their conflicting emotions very well, as dreams collided with reality, and Lucas lost Lindsey due to his conflicted heart, and Nathan and Haley came close to losing Jamie.

I loved the opening scene as Lucas reminisced about one of the happiest moments of his life, and he replicated that scene with Jamie and Haley, and I loved Lucas’ talk with Haley, as these two very special friends showed, once again, what a bond they had with one another. I do feel that Haley was right when she told Lucas that the book he wrote was about Peyton because he still loves her, and that set the theme for this episode, and we got to see that theme repeated over and over again.

It was sad to see Brooke, Peyton, and Nathan dreaming about what they lost, as Peyton dreamed of coming out of the church as Lucas’ bride, although I was confused about Brooke dreaming about being in the wedding gown that she was making for Lindsey. Did that mean that she wanted to marry Lucas, or that she wanted to be married to someone and have a family? It was also sad to see Nathan’s vision of reuniting with Haley and having it rain indoors on them, but we then saw that the “rain” was the water in the shower that Nathan was taking, and the happy scene he was imagining was only a dream.

It was wonderful to see Karen again, and Lily was absolutely adorable, but it was bittersweet to see her at Keith’s grave, and what Andy said about wishing that Keith was still alive was touching and true. I thought it was so funny when Lily told Jamie at the wedding that he had to call her Aunt Lily.

It was creepy to see Dan dressing for Lucas’ wedding and initially whistling a wedding march, and then whistling a funeral march, and it’s so hard to know what his true intentions are. Still though, you have to give him credit for saving Jamie from Carrie’s psychotic clutches, and I hope that we’ve seen the last of her.

I loved the scene between Lucas and Lindsey, and I do feel that he loves her, but everything she said about his new book being about love in its purest form was an obvious allegory for the “epic” love story of Lucas and Peyton, and all the metaphors used and alluded to in so many scenes in this episode seemed to be simply there as props for that story, so once again, the people that love that story will be happy, and the people who hate it will be chagrined, but me, being strictly neutral at this point, saw it as rather heavy handed, and my head hurt from all the anvils that were thrown at it tonight.

I loved the scene between Brooke and Karen, and it was so sweet that Brooke was worried about Karen’s reaction to what she had done with her café, and I thought it was so kind and generous of Karen to tell her that she was proud of her, which is something Brooke’s own mother never told her. I loved Brooke’s talk with Karen, and you could really tell what a warm and sweet person Karen was in that scene. I loved seeing the way that Karen expressed concern for Peyton, and what a wonderful role model she is, and it was sweet that Brooke wanted to aspire to be the kind of person she is. I loved the advice that Karen gave Brooke and Peyton, and I hope that her return to the show is a permanent one. I also thought that Karen was so right when she told Brooke that she’s come farther than anyone she knows, and that she’s only scratched the surface.

I loved seeing Brooke once again being a supportive friend to Peyton, although I feel certain that if I was a Brooke and Lucas fan, I wouldn’t like her constantly encouraging Peyton to go after Lucas. One of the highlights of the episode for me was when Brooke told Peyton that she wanted to have a baby and Peyton said “with me?”, and we saw the flashback scene where Brooke revealed the same thing to Lucas.

I thought that Skills was hilarious at the “tailgate party,” but everything he said was dead on.

No matter what some of you feel about Peyton, I did feel awful for her as she prepared to watch the man she still loved get married, and for a moment, I thought that her “wedding crashing” scene was real, but it ended up being yet another dream that ended with Lucas saying “I do,” not to her, but to Lindsey.

It was truly frightening to see a disguised Carrie show up at Lucas and Lindsey’s wedding, calling Jamie her son, and waiting for the moment that she could take him. We got to see that she was a total psycho in this episode, and thank heavens that Dan rescued him. I thought that James and Joy did an incredible job in this episode portraying frightened parents, and Skills felt so awful about letting Jamie go to the bathroom by himself, but those things really can happen, and I’m glad that everything ended with Jamie safe and sound and back in the loving arms of his parents.

Lindsey’s revelation about the comet in Luke’s book certainly came at the wrong time, but she had seen that it was Peyton’s car that was literally a comet when she went to get what was on the hood, and cold reality set in for her at that moment when she saw that his book, despite all his denials, served as a metaphor for the love he had for Peyton, because he had first met Peyton when her car broke down. I do think that Lindsey was right when she later told Lucas that his heart was conflicted, and as much as she hoped that she could replace Peyton in his heart and be his “comet”, the “epic love story” that he wrote wasn’t their love story, which was so heartbreaking for this sweet young woman. I couldn’t help but feel awful for Lindsey in this episode, as I felt that Lucas’ heart has been wavering since Peyton got back, and like Nathan told Lucas, Lucas needs to look into his heart and ask himself what he truly wants, because he hasn’t truly looked into his heart and asked himself that question, and by doing that, he’s broken Peyton’s heart and Lindsey’s heart, and after all is said and done, he may well end up alone.

Overall, I really enjoyed this episode, and its set the stage for more conflict and angst, both here at Fan Forum and on the show, and I’m looking forward to seeing how the rest of the season plays out after we return from hiatus.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

COME ON. Taking it to the lengths of a wedding ceremony where's standing up there and says "I DO"... that's way farther than this show has ever gone. It doesn't make sense. All to prop L/P.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

I'm glad it was Carrie running out and not Lucas. I think Carrie deserves way better then him.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I just say that I couldn't watch Peyton standing up at the wedding? I knew it was fake, but I just ... URGH. So embarrassing. If that was true, I would have DIED.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Not Carrie ^^' Lindsey

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

The rose pedal fade out to the confetti thing was just...awful. They need to relax with the flashbacks when it comes to Lucas and Peyton. It's starting to seem as if they need to remind people why they're MEANT 2 B all the time. Like, their current relationship doesn't reflect that --- but that scene where he says 'it's you' 3 hundred times does.

Plus, 'People always leave' still doesn't make sense to me. Who left Peyton?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Who left Peyton?
I don't think anyone did.

Oh, and I know that a lot of people don't like Brooke's potential to want a baby or to start a family, but I really, really love it. I think there's some poetry in the fact that all Brooke wants is people around her to love. Someone who grew up with none of that encouragement or love, is the most loving and loyal of the bunch. We live in modern times, if Brooke wants to adopt of conceive her own child she should be able to freely. She is successful, loving and healthy. The baby could do much worse. And while 22 is young, it's not like she's immature. She's lived her whole life lonely not only the past four years - that's only been the worst of it. I think it COULD be an authentic and touching story.

Last edited by shiftmyshape; 03-18-2008 at 09:14 PM
Old 03-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Master Fan

Well...

Her 2 moms died. What selfish bitches... Even though I am pretty sure that isn't qualifed as leaving her... Cause they didn't have a choice in the matter.
Jake god forbid, had to take care of his daughter. Also had to save her from psycho bitch!Nikki.
Hales because OH NOEZ she chased her dreams.

Poor, poor Peyton.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Um, Lucas said "I do". I never believed LP before, but this universally confirms it. Lucas said 'I do' to Lindsey, and without even thinking twice, without even caring that Peyton was sitting right there.

So that means, LP isn't epic. And this is all just jokes. Also, why would Lucas not know what he wrote in his book? he isn't dumb. The whole comet thing was lame, and a sad way to try making LP ~epic~.

Nanny Carrie, you so cute. But kinda scary too. Still was fun watching her craziness. I kinda liked the NH stuff when Jamie got lost.

Brooke is all sorts of awesome. I can totally relate to her with the whole wanting a baby thing. I'm 21, and I badly would like to adopt one. Just, make new friends Brookie, please.

Haley's hair has been bad this season, and today was just....you're at a wedding! Get it done!
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

Oh gawd, I know, I about died when she said the "People always leave". I thought it was probably a daydream, but still. That's about as corny as when they had Nathan hold up his ring finger and say "Always and Forever" for the 40th time last season. Ugh. Can they PLEASE write some more realistic and original dialogue? Is it really that difficult? Geez.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

Stop blaming Peyton. When she said that People always leave, she did not blame them. Of course she was hurt when she lost her her 2 moms, Jack.
Haley has nothing to do with that MusicofNight07.
The most recent example is Luke. She told him she was not ready and would like to marry him someday but he did not wait for her (they both had good arguments though).

I wonder, did she say that in the last epi? (I have not seen it).

The only thing I feel is you.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer (View Post)
Oh gawd, I know, I about died when she said the "People always leave". I thought it was probably a daydream, but still. That's about as corny as when they had Nathan hold up his ring finger and say "Always and Forever" for the 40th time last season. Ugh. Can they PLEASE write some more realistic and original dialogue? Is it really that difficult? Geez.
And let's talk about the 50th time they showed the "it's you, peyton!" flashback. Omg, do they have nothing else?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouse 01 (View Post)
The rose pedal fade out to the confetti thing was just...awful. They need to relax with the flashbacks when it comes to Lucas and Peyton. It's starting to seem as if they need to remind people why they're MEANT 2 B all the time. Like, their current relationship doesn't reflect that --- but that scene where he says 'it's you' 3 hundred times does.

Plus, 'People always leave' still doesn't make sense to me. Who left Peyton?
That flashback! It's like, we. get. it. And it wasn't even a meaningful scene, since the night before, he was all "Oh" to Peyton's declaration of love.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Administrator

I can understand the frustration that some people feel, because this whole episode did seemed designed to prop up Lucas and Peyton, but let's try to keep the sarcastic comments down, as I want this thread to be a place for people to discuss the episode, and not descend into the usual war between the people that like Peyton or Lucas and Peyton and the people who don't.

I hope that we haven't seen the last of Lindsey, and although I definitely agree with you Sandy that it was over the top to have Lindsey cause a scene with Lucas right at the altar after he had said his vows and then walk out on him, but over the top scenes seems to be the hallmark of One Tree Hill.

I thought that Michaela did an incredible job in that last scene, but what gets me is that Lucas never really opens up, and if he really did love Lindsey, he wouldn't have just stood there like he did. I still don't know how Lucas truly feels about Lindsey, and about Peyton, and I guess that's what Mark wants, but it's very frustrating for me as a viewer.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread