Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Paul, I absolutely believe that show runners string different shipper groups along because they don't want to lose viewers, but in doing so, I think they end up getting everyone mad.
I agree with that Jerry and tbh I remember reading about how mad everyone was over the triangle on Grey's Anatomy when it started up and then because of that it didn't last long and was pretty much dropped. People just get sick of the back and forth. It also tends to do nothing good for the character at the centre of the triangle.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

Well I could care less about DC, I hate comparisations. OTH is OTH, not DC or Gossip Girl or whatever.

Quote:
I think he did say you're the one for me
I don't think he did, although he did tell Rachel that Brooke was the one for him, and I'm pretty sure he told more people (Karen?).
and ignoring them just makes me a coward?"
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Why do I remember him saying 'You're the one for me, Brooke Davis..' I think they had a fight in a car park? ...

"She's the first thing I think about every day."
xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Master Fan

That doesn't really matter though 'cause it's pretty much been established Lucas' words mean crap.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Loyal Fan

Just like it didn't matter when he said Peyton the one for him? I highly doubt you think that.

xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Addicted Fan

First off, Callalily I love your av and your sig.

Dominique I completely agree. The scene in 5x05 when Brooke said that Lucas was the guy she would give it up for and her imagining that she was in that wedding gown, shows me that there are ALOT of unresolved feelings for Lucas. I think it's just like how Peyton was after the library. Even though Brooke's not pursuing Lucas, ultimately he's the guy that she could see herself being with for life. She hasn't found that again no matter how many guys she's dated. And I think when she said to Peyton (about Lindsey) that this wasn't high school anymore, she was essentially saying that to herself as well. And even asking Karen how she managed to go on without the love of her life (Keith). I honestly think Brooke is telling us that she'll always love Lucas but she's not going to hurt anyone to be with him. She'd rather rise above.

Jerry I'm a huge D/J fan not afraid to admit it. I follow the stereotype EXCEPT I see it as kind of backwards. My problem with LP is that we never really get to see them in a functional relationship. They get together, they have maybe one or two happy eps and then they break up. Same with Dawson and Joey but because DJ had that history of growing up and being best friends it was easier for me to believe they belonged together.

Paul I totally agree that the writers of these shows purposefully string the fanbases along, never committing or destroying characters at various points to bolster one couple over the other. You could see it in Felicity, Roswell, Dawson's etc. I was especially hurt by Roswell and how the character of Tess was treated (Love Emilie on Lost now). But I agree with you even moreso on Lucas. Unlike other shows, Lucas' motivations have been so ambiguous so we never really know what the endgame is and can't predict it. There's so much evidence either way and I think it's only this season (and maybe the latter half of s4) that it's really being told to us that the end will be Peyton but it's hard to swallow because Lucas' actions regarding all the girls (Brooke, Peyton and Lindsey) have been so frustratingly stagnant or erratic. He asks Peyton to marry him on a whim, gets rejected, kisses Brooke, meets Lindsey, essentially cuts Peyton out of his life, Peyton comes back and he kisses her, then proposes to Lindsey and says 'I do'. It's like, what are you thinking?!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradisecity (View Post)
Just like it didn't matter when he said Peyton the one for him? I highly doubt you think that.
I indeed don't attach too much importance to Lucas' words anymore. But Lucas has showed to me he loved Peyton. Maybe not these last eps but S1-4 > a couple of eps for me. I've got faith he'll go back to being the Lucas I know and love when we return and that he'll show again why I fell for LP in the first place.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 AM
Loyal Fan

How can he still love Peyton at this point?

xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

I dont think he showed that towards Peyton at all. In s4 it was just words between lp. Every single episode they talked about how wonderful and how amazing they were. He wrote a whole book of words. But I don't believe him because I don't see it through his actions. He's a phony.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

It is very clear we're going to a LP reunion so I guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

New thread is up, please move to that one. Thanks.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread