Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

it's definitely ridiculous. nothing bevin, chase, brooke, rachel or anyone will say will convince me that LP are "meant to be." if they are, then show us, stop telling us. all i've been seeing is LP being shoved down my throat. the only way to get me to like them is through a good storyline and nothing anyone on the show says will convince me of anything.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought this ep was pretty great.

Peyton : love her. She's getting herself together, not only concerning the LL thing but also with the check. I'm glad she payed Brooke back.

Brooke: Glad she fired Victoria. Way overdue.

I'm glad BP support each other the way they do. They're the best thing about the show right now.

Haley: wow, what a shrew. I don't get how the want from cool, sarcastic S1 Haley to this grouchy version of her. And she looks so frumpy dressed compared to the other girls. My least fave character of the season for sure.

Nathan: run from Haley! Run, run, run!

Lucas/Lindsey: yadayadayada, blahblahblah. No chemistry, and Peyton looming over there relationship hence predictable. Everyone knows these two are breaking up sooner rather than later. Waste of screentime. I hope that when that time comes, and he'll come running back to Peyton like a dumb puppy, she'll kick him in the arse. Hard. I've never seen such a pathetic excuse for a human being as Lucas.

Conclusion: BP should just have their own spin-off. I'd watch it.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with Paul's review.

BTW, I don't think anyone was cheering for LP tonight. Bevin made the comment about LP marrying but that was just bc that was the coupling when she saw them last: LP and CB. With Chase it wasn't even about 'oh, they're true love', he just asked if she still loved him. The other way around Peyton picked up signals from him concerning Brooke.

However, Brooke *is* def an LP cheerleader but I don't think it really matters. Everyone has made up their mind by now. I'd be OK if they wouldn't, 'cause I know LP are true love, just like some other people are convinced of the opposite. I think that when Mark puts things like that in the ep it's because he wants to and personally loves LP, not to change people's mind.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
it's definitely ridiculous. nothing bevin, chase, brooke, rachel or anyone will say will convince me that LP are "meant to be." if they are, then show us, stop telling us. all i've been seeing is LP being shoved down my throat. the only way to get me to like them is through a good storyline and nothing anyone on the show says will convince me of anything.
agreed.
i thought bevin was totally cute this episode, on the plus side...i think we should all enjoy the moments before the huge overblown lp embargo that is going to ensue next tuesday..calm before the storm.

"She's the first thing I think about every day."
xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed this episode and it made a change. I liked the RBP interactions - which blows the critics out of the water who thought Peyton would be jealous over the BR relationship - anything with BP these days makes me happy.

I'm completely bored of the HN relationship - what Skills said to Haley was called for, she couldn't put aside her bad feelings for five minutes and play a game with her son, that was classy. I can't be invested in something when I know it's going to turn out ok in the end - and I don't need spoilers to tell me anything to do with NH, Mark himself keeps harping on about "keeping the faith!" Why he can't let another fanbase keep the faith about their couple for a while, I don't know.

I agree with angelxdevil, I'd probably be happier if they just made it the BP show - with Owen and Rachel, of course - and had done with it, all the other characters at the moment seem ridiculous, or their SLs do at least.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Total Fan

Peyton wasn't as horrid this episode, she was eh for me. I really enjoyed the BP hug at the end, too. It's nice to see Peyton be there for Brooke, for once. But her/Chase made me throw up a little in my mouth. Just saying.

Lindsay is amazing. She is so kind and loving and it really sucks that she's going to end up being screwed over by Luke and Peyt. It's sickening how little he cares for her feelings sometimes.

Brooke was the best part of the episode (obvs) for me. She is just so cute and giggly, yet strong. Her last scene was hands down, the best scene of season 5. Just, fierce. And her scene with Jaime? ACE. I will never tire of those two.

NH, bleh. Poor Joy.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

The thing isn't that they're making Chase/Bevin/everyone else hardcore shippers, it's just small comments that make NO sense and drop huge anvils. Hokay, we get it. We don't need the stamp of approval from everyone in Tree Hill. Seriously.

I can't feel much romantic chemistry between Owen/Brooke, I've been trying to and I like their scenes as friends but seeing Chase back reminds me of how much I first l o v e d them.

I figured this episode would be the calm before the storm. It doesn't mean much for Peyton to act normal and likeable for one episode out of twelve. Screw that.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ agreed

The Brooke/Jamie scene - ADORKABLE! The little embarresed smile "is your boyfriend" to "So did you find out". More scenes like that please!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Lindsay is amazing. She is so kind and loving and it really sucks that she's going to end up being screwed over by Luke and Peyt. It's sickening how little he cares for her feelings sometimes.
L comes accross plain dumb.

- before everything: she read his book, that she considers to be a love letter to Peyton
- Peyton comes back after three years
- Lucas starts writing again at once
- Lucas gives her an office
- Though obvious LP still have something there, she just lets them go on a pseudo-date. D.U.M.B.
- Lindsey sees Lucas' car at Trick, at night and the only light burning is in Peyton's office. Yet she doesn't confront him with it.
- She dies her hair blond, making Peyton the Single White Female.
- After all of this, she just accepts his proposal like nothing has happened. Like she's in a normal relationship.
If she's supposed to be this super-intelligent woman, how can she be so blind? I can't feel sorry for her, it's like she chooses to walk around blindfolded.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Total Fan

I didn't bother reading your post, because being a fan, I know it would offend me. I was just stating my opinion. I like Lindsay, she's a cool cat!
Old 03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyPulp (View Post)
L comes accross plain dumb.

- before everything: she read his book, that she considers to be a love letter to Peyton
- Peyton comes back after three years
- Lucas starts writing again at once
- Lucas gives her an office
- Though obvious LP still have something there, she just lets them go on a pseudo-date. D.U.M.B.
- Lindsey sees Lucas' car at Trick, at night and the only light burning is in Peyton's office. Yet she doesn't confront him with it.
- She dies her hair blond, making Peyton the Single White Female.
- After all of this, she just accepts his proposal like nothing has happened. Like she's in a normal relationship.
If she's supposed to be this super-intelligent woman, how can she be so blind? I can't feel sorry for her, it's like she chooses to walk around blindfolded.
True dat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All the characters and relationships this season are either pathetic, silly or unrealistic except for Brooke/Peyton/BP. Man, I mean, they could've really made something of S5 and then they chose to do this:

*a couple pulled out of a donkey's arse, the same arse the nanny came from
*part of the couple...Lindsey! Dammit. If I ever come accross a vampire I'd want her to be with me. She could bless the water and stuff seeing she's God's gift to Tree Hill. Heh. What a lame boring character.
*Same with Carrie, only she's more enjoyable to watch looks-wise and turned out to be a contrived psycho.
*Lucas turning into one of those nasty 'I, robot' robots.
*NH whose relationship seems more laughable with the minute. In real life these people would have been long divorced and hate each other's guts.
*Jamie...Aaaaargh. Why does everyone love him? I cringed when he put that bacon upside down. As if a kid would ever do that. He's the most unrealistic version of a four year old I have ever seen.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelxdevil (View Post)
True dat.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. All the characters and relationships this season are either pathetic, silly or unrealistic except for Brooke/Peyton/BP. Man, I mean, they could've really made something of S5 and then they chose to do this:

*a couple pulled out of a donkey's arse, the same arse the nanny came from
*part of the couple...Lindsey! Dammit. If I ever come accross a vampire I'd want her to be with me. She could bless the water and stuff seeing she's God's gift to Tree Hill. Heh. What a lame boring character.
*Same with Carrie, only she's more enjoyable to watch looks-wise and turned out to be a contrived psycho.
*Lucas turning into one of those nasty 'I, robot' robots.
*NH whose relationship seems more laughable with the minute. In real life these people would have been long divorced and hate each other's guts.
*Jamie...Aaaaargh. Why does everyone love him? I cringed when he put that bacon upside down. As if a kid would ever do that. He's the most unrealistic version of a four year old I have ever seen.
LOL!

I actually say that Jesus was born too soon and that it should've been Lindsey but the vampire/holy water thing is alright too.

About NH I one-hundred, no one-thousand percent agree. They are just a horrible fit IMO. Nathan has to bend over backwards to understand even a hint of what Haley wants and so he just gets himself caught in tricky situations upon which she responds with putting him down or cussing at him. To me, especially looking from Nathan's point of view, it just would tire me incredibly and I wouldn't bother anymore, I'd just walk out. It isn't about who is better than who, to me they simply aren't a good couple.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

And here I am thinking that it is common knowledge that communication and respect are the foundations of a good relationship. Haley isn't asking for much from Nathan that isn't already common sense and obvious. He should have told her about Carrie's advances. Simplistic.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I actually say that Jesus was born too soon and that it should've been Lindsey but the vampire/holy water thing is alright too.
Old 03-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

you know what?
i agree with both sides to the lindsey debate.
i think she is a very sweet girl and she loves lucas a lot, but she is also very naive as it relates to her and lucas' relationship. all those points that were made, are pretty much true. She read the book, she sees the way he still looks at peyon and she knows that lucas will never love her like he loves peyton, but she's still with him, ready to marry him. i feel bad. she is definitely in denial and it's gonna end up hurting her far more later than it would have before the proposal.

i also hate the fact that we couldn't just welcome a new character without having her get hurt because of LP.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread