Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
My main issue is that i'm supposed to buy that so many high schoolers are couples/or love each other. Nathan/Haley, Bevin/Tim, Lucas/Peyton. Pease, give me a break.
Yeah, that's basically why I find L/P so unrealistic and uninviting as a couple. I guess they were kinda sweet back when they cheated on people and hurt others for their gain and 'true love' now it's just like..change the record, it's not high school anymore.

About the post saying Lindsey is dimwitted...it's called trust. Brooke trusted Lucas with Peyton, didn't she? Was she dimwitted?

"She's the first thing I think about every day."
xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, that's basically why I find L/P so unrealistic and uninviting as a couple.
Lucas and Lindsey are sweet... but i really can't see the chemestry between them. I guess i have to blame the 4 years forward for that. I wish we saw more of them at their beginning, it would have been easier to understand, because for me, they are the unrealistic and uninviting couple.

Sri Lankan Pinay, woot woot!
Old 03-13-2008, 07:33 AM
New Fan

The song

any1 know the name of the song, 24:00? would be very greatful for a replay
Old 03-13-2008, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Superstar from Lupe Fiasco ft Matthew Santos

Sri Lankan Pinay, woot woot!
Old 03-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Haley has always been quick to judge and stubborn. She drives me crazy sometimes with her opinionated ways. I think she does not appreciate a lot of the effort Nathan puts into her. I just don't see her putting the same effort into him. Sorry, but it's true.
That's exactly what I meant. Nathan may be the on screwing up but he's also the one I constantly see with that he loves Haley to death. I don't see that the other way around.

BTW, I indeed think Lindsey has gone from trusting to being a a naive silly girl. It's actually quite painful to see but her and Lucas do make a good match. Both are completely blind to what's going on in front of their noses, or with themselves.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Did someone actually compare Jesus and Lindsey? That is ridiculous. And she is sickenly perfect? I think that's called someone being normal for a change. It's funny because everyone is so messed up on this show that when someone is uncomplicated, innocent, and sweet (and in Lucas's own words "not filled with issues) we don't like her. Poor poor girl for getting mixed up with this group. Run far away girl. You are way better.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
Did someone actually compare Jesus and Lindsey? That is ridiculous. And she is sickenly perfect? I think that's called someone being normal for a change. It's funny because everyone is so messed up on this show that when someone is uncomplicated, innocent, and sweet (and in Lucas's own words "not filled with issues) we don't like her. Poor poor girl for getting mixed up with this group. Run far away girl. You are way better.
ita.

"She's the first thing I think about every day."
xxfontanellexx
♥ ♪
Old 03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Two weeks ago she was bad cause she was lashing out at Peyton and now she's perfect? Huh. Poor girl
Old 03-13-2008, 10:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Thank you Kris and Callalily

ITA about Haley. She's TIRED. She has been holding her family together. Since season 3, she fought to get her marriage back on track and every mistake that Nathan has made since she sucked it up and forgave him and fought harder. It's four years later, more issues later and she's tired. I think even Haley feels like a nag (although she isn't) and that's why she wants to let go. She's tired of playing that role and feeling like she's demanding too much of Nathan that he can't deliver (even though she's not and he could). This is not a kiss and make up situation, this is about MORE THAN THE NANNY. Even if you excuse the entire Nanny situation, there's so much more going on. This is not going to be fixed with a sorry, a kiss, flowers or a family round of Rockband.

And thank you Calla about Lindsey. Why is someone normal, undramatic and calm, sickeningly perfect? I love Lucas and Lindsey because there isn't any drama. It's refreshing. I get that some people don't see the chemistry but I do. I really do feel sorry for her because her and Lucas have something great and it's really Lucas' issue that he hasn't put Peyton behind him. But even if Lucas doesn't marry Lindsey, I think his track record with Peyton is really dismal. Sorry to disagree with the Beatles but love is not all you need. Nathan and Haley are proof of that.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

The reason I compared her with a priest and others with Jesus bc she *is* depicted as this perfect little creature. Truth is that she's an incredible bore who -if it weren't for Peyton- no one would even talk about. She's useless and the kind of character casual viewers care about less than I do. I really get completely pissed off every time she comes on screen 'cause it means less Brooke/Peyton/BP, who are the only good thing about this show.

So yeah, maybe we Lindsey dislikers are off calling her Jesus and a priest 'cause they actually have depth, something L seriously lacks. I mean, I'd take 50 minutes of whining I-want-to-put-a-sock-in-her-mouth Haley over her and that's saying something.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Let’s keep the sarcastic comments out of this thread. I’m going to post a topic this evening about the episode discussion threads but let’s make this clear. People are always going to disagree, and they have the right to disagree, but using sarcasm to belittle someone else’s opinion has to stop.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Administrator

As a neutral outsider, this is how I view Lucas and Lindsey: I think they’re a nice, sweet couple, and Lindsey is a sweet, kind and nice person. I really saw in the last episode that they have a very normal and easygoing relationship, but I’ve found it hard to get invested in their relationship or in Lindsey, because the stories that the writers seem to want to tell is that Lucas and Peyton haven’t gotten over one another, and on this show, the writers and producers thrive on the idea that drama equals over the top conflict, so no relationship is allowed to be normal, or allowed to be normal for very long, so the normal loving and easy going relationship that Lucas and Lindsey have, and which at least some of us have in our real lives, just won’t be allowed to last on this show.

I often laugh at how ridiculous some of the situations that these characters are in, but I guess that’s Mark’s idea of drama, so if I want to continue to watch and enjoy the show, I just have to accept it. For example, what man would let a nanny come on to him and do nothing about it if he was in love with his wife? Since Nathan is home and he doesn’t have to work, why do they even have a nanny? I could understand the need for a nanny when Nathan was in a wheelchair and drinking, but he’s been better for a while now, so why did they even need Carrie?

I’ve also seen that people are going to have their loyalties to certain couples, so the writers won’t allow anyone to move on from the relationships they had in the previous seasons because they don’t want to lose the viewers that liked that couple, so they’ll string those fans along. I also feel that Mark seems sold on the idea that Lucas and Peyton are “Star Crossed Soulmates,” and some people love that concept, and some people hate it. If I was Brooke and Lucas fan, I would hate that idea, but if I was a Lucas and Peyton fan, I would love it, but as someone who hasn't caught up on the previous seasons yet, I can understand how both sides feel.

I’d like to think that Lucas and Lindsey could have a chance to be together and happy, but I don’t think that Mark will let that happen, so I haven’t invested myself in them.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

i'll be honest, I watch shows like this to make myself feel better. I enjoy watching other people have a worse day than me. When you have a goody-two shoes like Lindsey, who's only tragedy has ever been her daddy dying when she was 22 or so, and her parents were still married when he died, i really don't care. In fact, I think to myself, You're 24 and all that has ever happened to you is your daddy dying! cry me a freaking river!

Besides, new characters just bore me.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Thank you Jerry I get that Mark is trying to shove the LP thing down our throats but I'd like to enjoy the Lucas/Lindsey relationship while I can because personally I don't think love=drama and I'm not invested in watching people constantly fight and trample people to be together.

sunchick Everyone is entitled to their opinion but wow. I just don't think that having lived a life of tragedy makes you a better or more interesting person. I have friends who have been thru heaps of stuff and others that had relatively blah lives (in the sense that their parents are still together, they've never endured lots of death or anything like that). I find them equally interesting as people. I kind of view the show the same way, I never viewed Peyton as more interesting because she dealt with death and got shot while Brooke's biggest tragedy was probably being poor for a while and her love affair with Lucas. I find both characters interesting for different reasons.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I really like this episode.

Jamie was amazing in this episode. It was heartbraking how he wanted his family united again. I hope Naley find a way to go back together.

Skills is fantastic. I love the guy. He is funny and get serious when is necessary. I adore what he said to Haley. someone needed to tell those things and he was the right person, since they are friends since forever. I loved Jamie/Skills scenes. They are amazing together. I also loved how Skills take care about Haley, Nathan and mostly Jamie.

Brooke finaly did stand up to Victory. Brooke deserves to be loved and Victoria was an awful mother. I really like Brooke/Owen and don't wanna see another triangle.

Peyton was great supporting Brooke and paying her back. And i liked Rachel/Peyton conversation. I really hope that Rachel took that money to go to rehab.

Lucas/Lindsayare a cute couple but i hope that marriage doesn't happen. It will be unfair with her. She is a nice girl and doesnt deseve be the second.

I can sound naive, but Bevin's speech sound to me more like a bad thing to Lindsay, who is gonna marry a guy and has always someone reminds her that she is his second choice than a statment to Lucas/Peyton love. And to me, Chase was just been kind with Peyton, since he knows Lucas is getting marring with another girl.

avi by: asiangurl408
Closed Thread   Post New Thread