Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterBy (View Post)
Calla! I know, right?
She's an evil, evil woman.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Jerry, I always love reading your reviews because I like reading what someone that isn't already invested in a particular couple thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I thought it was nice of Peyton to tell Lucas that Lindsey was great after she realized that Lindsey didn’t tell him how mean she had been to her, and it was nice to see a relatively angst free scene between them. I enjoyed Peyton and Rachel’s conversation, and how Peyton tried to encourage her.
I am in no way a believer that Lucas/Peyton are meant to be but I always loved their friendship. I think they are better people when they are not together romantically. I really loved the scene when they were at the rivercourt discussing how great Lindsey is. I think whenever they try to get together they bring out the worst in each other. I just wish they would realize they are better as friends and stop trying to hold on to this childhood fairytale meant to be love that they think they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It was so awful to see Victoria humiliate Brooke in front of Owen, and I was so happy, but at the same time so sad, for Brooke when, realizing that she’ll never get the love and acceptance from her heartless mother that she wants and deserves, found the courage to face up to her. The scene where Brooke realized that it was Victoria who pushed Rachel over the edge and she confronted her about it was so emotionally powerful, and Sophia was simply incredible in this scene and the riveting scene that followed, as she saw her mother for the callous and heartless person that she really is, and she fired her. Brooke was so right when she said that a daughter is not supposed to earn her mother’s help and her love, because a mother’s love should be unconditional. I think that Victoria’s cruel words and her treatment of her friend finally made Brooke realize what type of person she really is, and I thought that Sophia did an incredible job in that scene, as Brooke showed strength and conviction and she fired her mother and told her she could go now, but at the same time, you could tell that her heart was breaking as her voice broke with emotion and her eyes filled up with tears, and the final scene, where she collapsed and cried in Peyton’s arms, was incredibly moving. My heart broke for Brooke in this episode, because we’ve seen through this entire season how desperately she wanted her mother’s love and acceptance, but I think she finally saw that she was never going to get it, and more importantly, I think she also saw that she didn’t want to be like her mother.
As a Brooke fan first and a Brooke/Lucas fan second this is what frustrates me about the show. Brooke is such a wonderful person who really only wants one thing and that is to be loved back by the people she loves. I don't think she cares that much about the money or fame as much as she wants love. Since her parents were never around to care for her or show her that love she turned to Peyton growing up to get that love. She then met Lucas and fell in love with him and had that love which means she finally had that love from two people that she didn't get from her parents. Then regardless of if she intentional did it or not, Peyton then took both of those loves away from Brooke when she started dating Lucas. Now this season she finally has her mom back in her life and once again she just wants that love that she never had growing up but Victoria still doesn't give it to her. It just breaks my heart because I want to know when will Brooke finally get what she wants. Not the fashion line, or the magazine, or the money or the fame. When will she get the unconditional love that she has never consistently had. Unfortunately I do not see that in Owen. I hate how condescending he is to her and I just don't see any spark or chemistry between them. I see him more as the big brother type that she can go to for advice. Last season I didn't see any chemistry with Chase because they were dull and boring but I will admit tonight was the first time I saw a little spark between them. My problem is I don't know if I see the spark because I am so against a Brooke and Owen relationship that anything else looks better than that. I just wish Brooke could finally get the love she deserves from someone that deserves her love.

Oh two things I didn't like.
1. Wasn't Bevin always more of a friend to Brooke than Peyton? So why in the world did they have to also make her a Lucas/Peyton supporter. I don't understand why the writers are trying to make EVERY character a Lucas/Peyton supporter. I guess they think if I hear enough people say it then I will believe it. Unfortunately I haven't liked them together since season 1 and there is absolutely nothing that can be done to make me like them as a couple

2. Was it really necessary to have another one of Brooke's exes talk about thinking Peyton was cute when he was with Brooke. We already had to hear Lucas write about how he was in denial until he got with Peyton and now we have to hear Chase say he thought she was cute. Plus now he too is a Lucas/Peyton supporter. Also why didn't they reveal why Brooke and Chase broke up? I thought that was one thing we would get out of him coming back but nooooo we got his support for Lucas/Peyton and looks between him and Brooke.

I am just really getting sick and tired of this show. I don't know how much more of it I can take. I want to hang on but I also want to let go since I really haven't liked the direction of the show these last two seasons. It is so obvious where the story lines are going so I don't know why I keep wasting my time watching and holding out on this little bit of hope I have that it will get better. I guess I still watch because it was my favorite show during seasons 1 through 3 so it is hard for me to let it go and I am just holding out for it to return to the show I fell in love with during the first three seasons.
Icon by B. Davis
~Ebony~

Last edited by jc4127; 03-11-2008 at 11:08 PM
Old 03-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We have asked countless times that people refrain from quoting another person's post simply to mock/question/belittle their opinions in here. Everyone is entitled to feel whatever way they do about a character/storyline/situation and they should be able to express that without being attacked.

Any and all posts that we feel cross a line or break the rules we have set up for this thread and continued to reiterate will be turned over to Management.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Master Fan

Ebony, I agree with your whole post! Something that always breaks my heart is that she will never get that love that she desires. She will never be put first, everyone she loves is with her for different reasons or eventually moves on the the next best thing.

Bevin being a L/P supporter is ludicrous at best, honestly. And there's not way that Chase, knowing BLP's history matching it with his own thought that way about Peyton or supported L/P. Enough!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

k, so i really dislike chase.. A LOT.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)
your.icon. *wait till you see mine*

Yeah, it was obviously a joke. Twas cute.
Um, if your's is by any chance this gif that I've been trying to use...then i'ma hunt you down!!

So, I kinda liked tonight's ep. Brooke/Jamie were adorable! And Brooke/Victoria plain awesome. Brooke was amazing in the scene where she fires her mom. My heart broke for her. Soph was amazing there <3

Having Chase there reminded me of how much I don't like the Brooke/Owen relationship. They can be cute at times, like the mall scene, but idk, I can't seem to like Owen.

Haley's hair looked so, so bad. I felt bad for her though, when Skillz tried making her feel bad about...all of it.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Totally Sandy! Seeing that Bevin and Chase were both big parts of Brooke's past it doesn't make sense. But also both of them were around when Lucas/Peyton were a couple.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Seriously! Chase and Bevin made an appearance to make clear they support LP. This is getting ridiculous

I think the whole population of tree hill loves LP. whatever.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape (View Post)
Ebony, I agree with your whole post! Something that always breaks my heart is that she will never get that love that she desires. She will never be put first, everyone she loves is with her for different reasons or eventually moves on the the next best thing.

Bevin being a L/P supporter is ludicrous at best, honestly. And there's not way that Chase, knowing BLP's history matching it with his own thought that way about Peyton or supported L/P. Enough!
THANK YOU for bringing that up. I totally forgot Chase was the Brooke in his triangle with his best friend and girlfriend so it isn't realistic that he would be a Lucas/Peyton supporter. It is ridiculous the lengths the writers will go to in order to make everyone think that Lucas/Peyton are meant to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by live-laugh-love (View Post)
Seriously! Chase and Bevin made an appearance to make clear they support LP. This is getting ridiculous

I think the whole population of tree hill loves LP. whatever.
Too bad the whole population of One Tree Hill fans don't love LP. They could have every single person on the show say that LP are meant to be but I still would never see it. It would make the show much bearable to watch if I was a fan but I just hate how they hurt innocent people when they get together.
Icon by B. Davis
~Ebony~

Last edited by jc4127; 03-11-2008 at 10:12 PM
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Man, I heard Bevin say she always thought BROOKE would marry Peyton.

That's what I get for tuning in only for a few seconds.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

omg seriously
we get the point mark, lol. you are obsessed with LP and so is the entire town of Tree Hill... that's not gonna change the minds of the fans who DON'T. let it be dude... just let it be.

Anyways, the couple i care most about is nate and haley, and i have faith in them. this is actually awesome. some angst and something to look forward to. I love Nathan and I am so sad about this whole situation. I don't blame Haley for kicking him out of the house, but I wish she wasn't so dramatic about it all. There is no need to talk about a divorce so quickly. and that whole speech about changing him? are you for real? the man had nothing going for him before her. He had basketball, which thanks to his father, he borderline hated. She is the reason he is so emotional and so passionate about anything at all. She showed him what love is and how someone who really loves you is supposed to treat you. something he should have gotten from his parents... it was all such crap. Nathan was a lost soul before her. She made him who he is today and he needs to tell her that.

Haley wasn't all that likable today until the last scene when she told lucas that he shouldn't marry lindsey. She spoke to him calmly, no yelling and just giving him advice. thats what friends do. granted, we didn't get to hear much else of the convo, but it seemed like it was gearing towards the right direction.
i truly dislike the fact that lucas proposed to lindsey after what happened between him and peyton. that was wrong on so many levels.

I love Brooke and Owen and it took quite a while for me to warm up to Brooke with anyone since her and Lucas broke up and i really hate the fact that chase is back. he was so useless last season. sorry OTH people, you didn't convince me last season, you're not gonna convince me now. Owen and Brooke are too cute together. who needs chase?

When i saw bevin, i was clapping like a lunatic from happiness, but it was all just so useless also, after seeing chase, i was just like ok... enough already. it's getting pathetic. first rachel comes back, then bevin and now chase?
rachel, fine. im ok with that, and yes, i love bevin, but it was just all too much for one episode. i mean.. COME ON. how cheesy can you be? i didn't like it at all.

i loved the scene between brooke and victoria at the end. after brooke told her she was fired and victoria said "im your mother," i was so expecting brooke to be like "this is business. no place for emotions, remember?" and then kick her out.
i love this storyline so much, but sometimes i feel like it's a tad bit dramatic. all in all though, it's a great storyline for brooke.

Dan... dan dan dan. what can i say? i love to hate him. He is an awful, terrible person, in more ways than one, but god im so happy he is out on parole. he adds drama and i can't wait to see what's gonna happen. IMO, he is irredeemable, but let's see what they'll shoot our way. this is a show, i guess i just need to remind myself of that.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

I haven't been giddy about an episode in god knows how long! THIS ROCKS!!

ok, so here goes.

Nathan: ugh, I just wanted to reach through the screen and do him...I mean, hug him. He is so cute, and he's trying so damn hard!

Haley: Calling Lucas and telling him not to marry Lindsey, was the smartest thing she's done in weeks. The girl saved herself, because up until that moment, I wanted to bitch slap her! Why is she being so mean??? Although, I must say, I was grateful for her clarity. I want Nathan and Haley back together, but not under false pretenses. I've always said that Haley has been trying to change Nathan for too long, and she needs to stop! It's unfortunate that she equates trying to stop changing him, with divorcing him. Here's a thought, dumbass: Why don't you accept and love him for who he is, not who you want him to be?

It's sad because its speeches like that, that make me feel like the entire Naley relationship is a fraud, and I don't want to feel like that. I love Naley, but they just need to be realistic with expectations of each other.

Although I have to say, I also think part of the reason Haley's taking it so hard, is because of Jamie. I dunno. when you have kids, you become very mean and fierce and protective. It's almost as if you don't take as much crap when you have kids, because you have to think about them too. However, in this case, I don't feel like Haley's thinking of Jamie AT ALL. she completely ignored him, brushed him and handed him to other people so they could deal with him. Not very responsible or motherly of her.

Lucas: nosy as hell. Said it once, and i'll say it again. stay the hell out of other people's business! Especially if other people give you advice and you don't take it! What, now you expect other people to take yours?

Brooke/Peyton/Chase/Owen: HILARIOUS!! that was just funny. Chase was so damn cute!! I thought it was adorable how he was helping Peyton out to make Lucas upset, and then Peyton did the same. they were so fun and flirty! Adorable! I don't see how it's impossible for Chase to want Lucas and Peyton together. They were a great couple: never fought, always got along. I don't think its out of the blue at all!

Bitchtoria: Wow, that woman gives MY mother a run for her money! I've always said that I don't see how Brooke would have ever hired her mother in the first place, so I'm glad she fired her! My mom's nicer than her, and I wouldn't trust my mother with any company or money endeavor of mine. She thinks I owe her for raising me, so I can imagine what Victoria thinks!

Dan: I usually love seeing him, but tonight he was just pointless. sorry.

Overall, pretty damn good episode. My fave episodes are the ones where everyone's happy, so 505 will always be my fave S5 eppy, just like "Resolve" is my fave season 4, and so on and so forth, but this episode had a pretty damn good mix!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 03-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't see how Bevin supporting Lucas/Peyton takes anything away from her friendship with Brooke. If Brooke accepted Lucas and Peyton last year, and she had Chase, I don't see why Bevin wouldn't support whatever Brooke has been doing. If she, even now, supported Brooke/Lucas it'd almost be as if she was pining on Brooke's behalf. I do agree that its weird that she commented on Lucas/Peyton getting married but I don't think that has anything with Bevin being more of a friend to Peyton.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

i think the whole "haley shouldnt have tried to change him" crap was kind of condescending. she was kind of trying to make it seem like nate's wild ways is who he actually is and she shouldn't have changed that. why shouldn't she? should nate still cheat? should he still drink and drive? i felt like she was alluding to that... as if his wild ways are who he actually is and that's unfair because nathan loves her so much and he has been an awesome guy since he fell in love with her. the change in him was for the better, IMO and i hate that haley was comparing who is now to who he was before they fell in love because of that one incident that she won't even let him explain about.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

okay, i really enjoyed this episode. i am LOVING the OWEN/BROOKE scenes. they are just so darn cute! i hope they stay together!!

i love that we got some Lucas/Peyton interaction. it made me realize how much i miss them together when it isn't so angsty lol.

lucas/lindsay: i like lindsay, but i just dont like them together. i wanted to fast forward their scenes today. i'm trying to see it, but i just don't. they don't seem to fit IMO.

naley: mann they broke my heart today. i hope they'll find their way back..although i like that they are apart for now only because i feel that everytime they run into troubles they are able to fix it which is good...but i'm all for the angst! lol.

i love the peyton/rachel interaction. i dont remember seeing them interact as much in the previous seasons so it was nice to see the girls talk.

peyton showed how a great friend she is to brooke today. she paid her back..TWICE the money which im really glad for because it seems as though some ppl dont realize how a good friend peyton is.

and the scene at the end when haley called lucas. YES! this season haley showed how a great supporter she is for L/L...but i'm glad that by reading the book..she is realizing that lucas marrying lindsay is a mistake. lindsay is a good person...and i feel bad for her. but i think he should break it off now before it gets worst. lucas' will never love anyone the way he loved peyton.

PREVIEWS NEXT WEEK...OH MY GOD..I CANNOT WAT!! *squeals*

Caspian&Susan | Lucas&Peyton | Nate&Serena | Snow White&Eric (Huntsman) | Gale&Katniss | Emma&Captain Hook
Closed Thread   Post New Thread