Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Dreamer (View Post)
I wish I could say I have no complaints with this show but it's the same old story. Haley gets about as many lines as a glorified extra while several peripheral characters get to wax on and on about their feelings. I'm certain Rachel, Mouth, Millicent, and probably even Chase had more lines than Haley did. Not only that but she gets to be the shrew to boot. They should be ashamed of themselves.

So with you on the way Haley's being handled. I'm not saying that its all Nathan's fauly because there are two people in a couple, but it just seems like everyone just wants them to get back together and for her to get over it, meanwhile if they'd really pay attention they'd see she's falling apart and she needs some support from her friends. I like Skills point becuase despite what Naley are going through they need to be there for Jamie--but why is he only saying it to Haley? Why doesn't Nathan come in and comfort his son and try to take some of the weight off her shoulders.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Jamie is so. dang. cute!

Haley's phone call at the end: jaw drop.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Total Fan

I thought Haley was a little eh this ep.I aint gonna lie. But Joie and James still have chemistry out the yang. Which is funny because they arent even doing anything special. Goes to show the difference between forced chem and natural chem.

BTW, James was looking soooo good this ep. I could eat him with a spoon.

Jamie is still supreme love and I agree with the sentiment that this show lucked out when they cast him.

I liked Brooke and Owen this episode myself. But I like Chase too and I wouldn't mind him sticking around. I just dont know what place I'd have for him.

Lucas comes across as too young for Lindsey. It's like seeing someone's teenaged son dating their mom's friend.

I did NOT care for Brooke's comment that Nathan and Haley love Jamie "almost" as much as her. Is she for real? Umm you just met him, okay, step off. And the underneath the clothes schtick is narsty coming out of the kid's mouth so they need to knock it off.

Peyton wasnt half as abrasive as she's been lately and I really enjoyed that. I feel bad for both she and Brooke that Rachel took that money.

Victoria is a cartoon. Just...ugh.

Did we REALLY need to see Dan get it on with prostitute girl?

Skills/Jamie own all.

I ff-ed Mouth scenes.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Well, somehow I've fallen into the habit of doing this weekly episode review. Let's see, tonight's ep . . .

Not as great as last week's, but then again, I didn't expect it to be. Because last week was just amazing.

I really liked this episode, though. It had some definite light-hearted parts, along with some heavier emotional stuff. Plus, the reintroduction of some of the other characters was great.

Nathan: Okay, first things first, my man looked FINE tonight! Like gorgeous! Drop-dead gorgeous! Seriously, I think the guy can never get hotter, and then he does. It's awesome.

I thought this was a great episode for Nathan. He showed real maturity and a genuine desire to make things right with his family. He loves them so much. The dynamic between him and Jamie is an absolute joy to watch. When he gave him that kiss on the head towards the end, I just about died because of the cuteness! I love Nathan as a father. I really do.

Haley: Okay, first off, I don't know how she can resist Nathan looking as fine as he was tonight. (I just can't get past his hotness!) But it's understandable, though. I feel bad for her. She has so much to balance in her life. She's a mother, a wife (yes, she is still a wife and always will be!), a teacher, a friend . . . she handles it all well, and of course it's frustrating for us Naley fans to not see her and Nathan together, but her reaction to all the stress in her life is realistic and actually long-overdue.

Jamie: I just about cried when he turned the smiley face on his pancake into a frowning face! He's so cute. This kid knows how to act! He did such a good job conveying Jamie's sadness tonight. That's what is so unfortunate about this situation between Nathan and Haley. It affects Jamie the most. I really wish he had gotten to play Rock Band with his parents at the end!

Brooke: Girl kicked ass tonight! I loved that scene between her and Victoria at the end. Victoria is always trying to make her feel like she's stupid, but Brooke is a lot smarter than Victoria will ever be. I hope she works her hardest and shoves her success in Victoria's face!

Victoria: Yeah, self-righteous, insensitive bitch. That pretty much sums it up.

Rachel: She looked so beautiful tonight! I loved her hair! Obviously, as a hardcore Naley fan, I couldn't stand Rachel last season, but this season, my heart really goes out to her. She's a young girl who basically grew up with no morals, no structure, and now she has to try to survive in the world, and it's really hard when people like Victoria are beating her down. I hope she's able to straighten herself out and that we see more of her.

Mouth/Millicent: Really cute pairing. I think their relationship brings an innocene to this show that is refreshing to see. But I always liked the relationship Mouth had with Rachel, too. It was very ambiguous. I loved Millicent's dress in tonight's episode, too! So pretty!

Lucas/Lindsey: Again, not a very Lucas-heavy episode. And it was fantastic! lol, I love Lucas, but sometimes the episodes where he is front and center grate my cheese a little bit. He should listen to Haley, though. He should NOT marry Lindsay. I really like Lindsay, and if he breaks off the engagement, obviously it's going to break her heart, but it's going to break her heart more in the long run if they actually get married and he cheats on her or something.

Peyton: Two episodes in a row without bitchy/immature Peyton. Thank God. I loved that she was able to be friendly with Lucas without being melodramatic and be cordial to Lindsay without being ridiculous. I hope she doesn't do anything too tricky next week. Let things happen. Let Lucas be the one to decide. Don't lower yourself to fight over a guy, Peyton.

Chase: Lookin' good tonight, buddy! I must say, though, if you try to make a move on your friend's girlfriend, you're going to be in big trouble with me. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. We don't need anymore love triangles!

Owen: Hottie Mc-Hot-Hot. Not as hot as James, but still hot. I loved that scene where he was sitting in the chair and Brooke was on his lap. He's so big and she's so tiny! They make a cute couple.

Dan: Dan the Man wastes no time, does he? Get out of jail, get laid. He is NOT a good guy, but I'm so happy to see him out of jail. He's the core of this show. Everything stems from him. We need him back. Should be great. Paul Johansson rocks!

Blonde Woman in Bed With Dan: Good lord, get out! I'd be so freaked!

As for the preview for next week . . . I'm so excited (mainly because I saw a Naley kiss and a Moira return) and so anxious (because I saw ****-bag Carrie) and so intrigued (because of Dan's "perfect opportunity for a family reunion" line.) The hundreth episode! Should be HUGE.

I love Season 5!

-April

As always, I completely agree with you. & James was looking extra hot tonight.

I also loved the Chase/Peyton stuff. The kisses were too funny.

Jamie makes me smile. I adore Jackson... him with Skills was great.

I love the Haley/Skills friendship. I think back to 415 (was it 415? when they were partners for the class project) and I loved when Skills told Haley he would always be there for her baby... and he really, really is! It was great to see Skills/Jamie again, and Brooke/Jamie again too. Now where was Lucas?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I for one am glad that Haley didn't call Nathan. For one because Haley and Lucas are best friends and she always told him how she felt and 2) her calling Nathan would've been too predictable and easy. If I had it my way Nathan and Haley wouldn't even end up together, but I've learned to accept that this is OTH and Mark would never risk his life because rather I like it or not, they are arguably the couple with the biggest fanbase.
ღღღ
Old 03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I did NOT care for Brooke's comment that Nathan and Haley love Jamie "almost" as much as her. Is she for real? Umm you just met him, okay, step off. And the underneath the clothes schtick is narsty coming out of the kid's mouth so they need to knock it off.
Obviously it's a joke just like when Brooke said thanks for taking care of her godson. Also just something she's saying so the kid knows how many people love him. Why is everything taken so seriously?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I did NOT care for Brooke's comment that Nathan and Haley love Jamie "almost" as much as her. Is she for real? Umm you just met him, okay, step off.
Kid around club.

JD. Amazing review as always, braaa. I love all the thought and effort you put into them, and you're always right on the money!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

talk about cheesy
although i did enjoy the "awkwardness" of it all

i CAN'T believe dan is out on parole. WTF! omg omg.

ok still watching.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlutterBy (View Post)
I for one am glad that Haley didn't call Nathan. For one because Haley and Lucas are best friends and she always told him how she felt and 2) her calling Nathan would've been too predictable and easy. If I had it my way Nathan and Haley wouldn't even end up together, but I've learned to accept that this is OTH and Mark would never risk his life because rather I like it or not, they are arguably the couple with the biggest fanbase.
I'm glad Haley didn't call Nathan too! She's not ready for that, and that's obvious!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)
Kid around club.
Seriously?! I thought she was being honest! I almost believed her...
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I wouldn't be surprised if she turned into the next Nanny Carrie and started believing he was her little boy.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Nathan: He looked soo cute tonight loved the last scene between Nathan and Jamie aww made my eyes tear up a little bit. I feel so bad for him i love him and i hope him and Haley can work things out

Haley: Am i the only one who feels that by Haley calling Lucas telling him not to marry Lindsey was like having old Haley back. Usually i agree with Haley but these last few episodes she has been pissing me off. I just hope she and Nathan can work things out because i love them together.

Jamie: Awww he was so cute in this episode. I just wanted to squeeze him! I felt so bad that they wouldnt play rockband with him! lol

Brooke: Im so glad she finally shoved it in Bitchtorias face and put her in her place and fired her. She is def. smart and talented enough to run the business on her own she does not need her. She looked great tonight too!

Rachel: She looked pretty today and what mouth said to her was adorable too bad bitchtoria got to her after. Hopefully she will get cleaned up be okay again

Lucas: Im kind of glad that they are sharing the limelight with everyone else and not just giving all the attention to Lucas in these past few episodes. I thought the scene between Lucas/Lindsey in the air thing was a cute one even though im Leyton all the way! Hopefully next week he will come to his scenes and not marry Lindsey

Mouth/Millicent: I really like them together!

Peyton: Loving Peyton lately. I hope Lucas picks her they belong together and she deserves to be happy once and for all .

Chase: He looked cute tonight. I never really was a Chase fan but after this episode i really began to like him. I thought it was cute how he kissed Peyton when Lucas was looking.

Owen: I hope Brooke & him stay together they are so cute together

Dan: Im so glad he back to cause DRAMA IN TREE HILL!!! Paul Johannson is the man! and lets hope he does Dan well and comes back creating more drama!

Skills: Loved how he stood up for himself againt Haley! He does nothing but love on Jamie and i love how close they are.

Looking forward to Next Week!!
It might all be gone t o m o r r o w.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Calla! I know, right?
ღღღ
Old 03-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Seriously?! I thought she was being honest! I almost believed her...
your.icon. *wait till you see mine*

Yeah, it was obviously a joke. Twas cute.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)
JD. Amazing review as always, braaa. I love all the thought and effort you put into them, and you're always right on the money!
Thanks Lucy!

I also thought it was obvious that Brooke was kidding when she told Jamie that Nathan and Haley loved him almost as much as her. I thought it was a sweet and funny comment.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread